Magic mushroom hunting season is officially open

Man I loved doing that. I always did it at night. Every now and then you could catch the sun rise.

2 Likes

I agree- I have confidence I could grow some off videos on YouTube, plus some pro tips from here.

But I’m in no hurry to trip, not in the headspace. Might be a few years before I want to find any!

3 Likes

I think I would be ok. If I was out with just music. Pick the music first. I got to have weed. No tripping with out it. Water and toilet paper. I am civilized. :joy: go into the woods. Cold would be nice. Hate tripping when it’s hot. It’s been a few years. I have had some and gave them away.

3 Likes

Liberty bells are the only magic kind I am comfortable identifying . Good for the giggles lol Chanterelles , King Bolete , Chaga , and Chicken of the Woods , are the main eating ones I pick.

2 Likes

I bought an ounce of penis envy and 7 grams of golden teacher back in January. My wife and I are microdosing its very good for depression and anxiety.

I gave half to one friend and the golden teachers to another, as they each tried 3 micro doses over a week and felt great afterwards and wanted more.

I have a B+ spore print and everything I need to grow them, but still have about 8 grams left of the half I kept so not in any hurry to grow them yet, and I always like free from the wild gathered goodies.

I don’t like to harvest stuff and bring it home to identify, then just bin it if its not edible or medicinal, seems like a waste.

5 Likes

Had a little hike yesterday

Decent sized cubie

Fresh pins

A day late on these unfortunately

And on half of these Pan Cyan too, timing is everything

Reishi

This little guy wouldn’t leave me alone

I threw these in a stir fry last week… it felt like the cubensis and pan cyan were battling each other in my brain. I’ll never mix varieties again!

9 Likes

Just wondering why to late, are they starting to rot?

3 Likes

@Floyd Yes mate, the cubensis photo is pretty shit sorry but the tops were black and slimy and with the cow patty full of blue meanies you can see the completely black ones that are past due by a day or 2 and the small ones are actually a day too early…

Last year I would go out daily and log what areas are looking ready and when but I’m rolling the dice now with random hunts

3 Likes

Ok, got you. Wish I could go for a walk and pick shrooms. I’ve never tried Pan Cyan. I tried to grow them once and failed. :disappointed:

3 Likes

@Floyd This guy is a ghee, his videos are classic… he had a DMT one too but they keep getting taken down. Through the whole process he has the exact same outfit on haha, if you can find the video somewhere I highly recommend it.

4 Likes

Thanks, Ill probably just stick with cubes though. They are easy. I tried getting a patch of wood lovers going in my yard once, it was going real well till my dog dug everything up. I was not happy. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Tis the season

14 Likes

Looks great I need a cow in the back yard lol.

1 Like

HI man, care to take a look at this one I found this morning. I gave it a couple of taps and then blew on the gills if that’s the right word lol. Lots of spores came flying out so it may have some prodigy later on.

How long does it take for the blue bruising to show if it’s a psychadelic?

4 Likes

Not magic, but I found this Boulet…

6 Likes

just make sure someone’s there to take you to the ER!! :smile:

btw I’ve got a copy of this on the way to my house

2 Likes

Hi mate, I don’t recognise that variety. Best way to ID something is to take a spore print, also the colour of the gills(yes you were correct:)) is a telling factor. Depending on the type they tend to go blue pretty fast once picked. The Pan Cyan are normally blue already hence the Blue Meanie name they get, cubensis take normally 20 to 30min after harvesting.

Shroomery is a decent forum with some knowledgeable people on it, I unfortunately only know about what’s in my region .

https://www.shroomery.org/

2 Likes

apparently I live in mushroom hunting paradise, I lived here 30 years never heard about it until recently.

Probably because spots are fiercely guarded secrets, my guess is the better areas are up in the hills & into the nearby national forest

I want to take my dog up there after a rain but my back is all messed up, getting caught all alone in the middle of the forest with a fked up back doesn’t sound fun :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Yeah l am home alone for the next 3 weeks, I have no intention of eating it unless I know for sure what it is.

I will check the books out thanks.

How do you use a spore print for ID?

Thanks for the link I will check it when I am on the pc.

1 Like

Yeah l have 6 hernited disks pressing into the spinal cord in my neck, and I went for what I thought was going to be a quick 30,-40 minute walk in the forest behind my property.

3 hours later I got back, hurting like a mofo, I under estimated the distance cutting across between two trails big time. We get a lot of trees fall over here, not much top soil, so you can get into an area, walk for 10 minutes then have to turn around and go back and around another direction, because it becomes a nightmare obstacles course, with one trip or fall stopping you going anywhere for a long while.

Just make sure you got a well charged phone with a good signal and someone knows where you are going. We get people here stop their car, walk off the road 20 yds into the forest for a piss and dissappear for 3 days lost.

My buddy was out 4 wheeling and found some half dead guy who had been lost for 10 days. He was lucky they recon he only about 40 hours left before he died of dehydration and starvation.

My buddy said he found him 15 miles into the forest, his dog slipped it’s lead trying to get a rabbit and he went after the dog and got lost.

My buddy went passed him and turned around after 5 minutes and went back to check he was alright, thinking he didn’t look to good and not dressed for deep woods survival, lucky for the guy.

4 Likes