Magic mushroom hunting season is officially open

From wiki:

Northeast Kingdom

The Northeast Kingdom is the northeast corner of the U.S. state of Vermont, comprising Essex, Orleans and Caledonia counties and having a population at the 2010 census of 64,764. In Vermont, the written term “NEK” is often used. The term “Northeast Kingdom” is attributed to George D. Aiken, former Governor of Vermont and a U.S. senator, who first used the term in a 1949 speech. The area is often referred to by Vermonters simply as “The Kingdom.” Because of its three-county extent, it includes several “gateway” towns: at the southeastern corner, St. Johnsbury, just a few miles from the New Hampshire border; to the north, Newport and Derby, close to the Canada–US border; and to the southwest, Hardwick and Danville. Interstate 91, Interstate 93, U.S. Route 5, and U.S. Route 2 are the main roads that connect travelers to the Northeast Kingdom.

5 Likes

Thank you very much, TIL.

1 Like

Vermonter! nice, I knew what NEK was! Those are some great shroom pics, I believe I see a yellow Amanita in there, gotta take my camera on my dog walk, pretty sure there is a huge cluster of yellow chanterelles at the trailhead I’m going to tonight

1 Like

I’m waiting on this year’s chicken if the woods flush along with oysters… Found a bunch last year and fell in love with them for fall mushrooms

6 Likes

hen & chicken of the woods seem safest to me - it’s impossible to confuse them with something else

4 Likes

There are chaterels coming up all around the edge of my neighbours property, he keeps his grass pretty short, and we uave been having heavy rain at least 3 times a week here in Nova Scotia, there are mushrooms popping up everywhere. I wish I could trust my identification of the magic kind we only get 3 here.

3 Likes

I’m hoping if I hang around topics like this for a few years I’ll start recognizing more, but yeah. Mushrooms look like mushrooms to me.

4 Likes

Add some chocolate and raisins maybe some nuts. I’m on that. I do like a big pot of shroom tea. The snotty stuff at the bottom is best. Lol

2 Likes

Very easy to grow. Been a few years. I do like some new ways that people are doing them. You didn’t have YouTube.

2 Likes

Man I loved doing that. I always did it at night. Every now and then you could catch the sun rise.

2 Likes

I agree- I have confidence I could grow some off videos on YouTube, plus some pro tips from here.

But I’m in no hurry to trip, not in the headspace. Might be a few years before I want to find any!

3 Likes

I think I would be ok. If I was out with just music. Pick the music first. I got to have weed. No tripping with out it. Water and toilet paper. I am civilized. :joy: go into the woods. Cold would be nice. Hate tripping when it’s hot. It’s been a few years. I have had some and gave them away.

3 Likes

Liberty bells are the only magic kind I am comfortable identifying . Good for the giggles lol Chanterelles , King Bolete , Chaga , and Chicken of the Woods , are the main eating ones I pick.

2 Likes

I bought an ounce of penis envy and 7 grams of golden teacher back in January. My wife and I are microdosing its very good for depression and anxiety.

I gave half to one friend and the golden teachers to another, as they each tried 3 micro doses over a week and felt great afterwards and wanted more.

I have a B+ spore print and everything I need to grow them, but still have about 8 grams left of the half I kept so not in any hurry to grow them yet, and I always like free from the wild gathered goodies.

I don’t like to harvest stuff and bring it home to identify, then just bin it if its not edible or medicinal, seems like a waste.

5 Likes

Had a little hike yesterday

Decent sized cubie

Fresh pins

A day late on these unfortunately

And on half of these Pan Cyan too, timing is everything

Reishi

This little guy wouldn’t leave me alone

I threw these in a stir fry last week… it felt like the cubensis and pan cyan were battling each other in my brain. I’ll never mix varieties again!

9 Likes

Just wondering why to late, are they starting to rot?

3 Likes

@Floyd Yes mate, the cubensis photo is pretty shit sorry but the tops were black and slimy and with the cow patty full of blue meanies you can see the completely black ones that are past due by a day or 2 and the small ones are actually a day too early…

Last year I would go out daily and log what areas are looking ready and when but I’m rolling the dice now with random hunts

3 Likes

Ok, got you. Wish I could go for a walk and pick shrooms. I’ve never tried Pan Cyan. I tried to grow them once and failed. :disappointed:

3 Likes

@Floyd This guy is a ghee, his videos are classic… he had a DMT one too but they keep getting taken down. Through the whole process he has the exact same outfit on haha, if you can find the video somewhere I highly recommend it.

4 Likes

Thanks, Ill probably just stick with cubes though. They are easy. I tried getting a patch of wood lovers going in my yard once, it was going real well till my dog dug everything up. I was not happy. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes