Magic mushroom hunting season is officially open

Anyone have a good recipe for making mushy chocolates?

2 Likes

Ask @anon93244739 . He has recipies for everything mush. Lol

3 Likes

I can do that :+1: Taking this to to PM…

So make a soft ganache, that’s a 1:1:1 ratio of chocolate, butter and heavy whipping cream, put it on a double boiler just until melted and combined, stir in the amount of mushrooms you want to use. Say your doing 8 oz of each ingredient, so your shooting for 24 chocolates, I’d keep it at no more than .75g of mushroom per chocolate, so in this case 18g powdered mushrooms. Mix it in, the finer you grind them the better. Pop it in the fridge overnight. Now take a 1 oz portion scoop (2 tablespoons) and make balls, melt some coating chocolate and dip. Now you have .75g each magic truffles.

Chocolate is said to intensify the experience. If you can access black currant extract, try replacing 1/2 the cream with it. It has a natural maoi and really makes it dreamy. This will make it a much softer filling, so you might want to pour into 1 oz molds and freeze before dipping.

8 Likes

Thanks mate appreciate it, I might get wifey on to that recipe she normally rocks desert. Do you think it’s possible with fresh mushrooms, problem is when I dry the pan cyan their stems are so thin they shrink in to nothing. I was hoping to make small batches after each hunt with the fresh ones. The cubensis is no problem with their thicker stems but they aren’t in season yet

2 Likes

I really think that fresh would not work as well.

Have you made blue ice yet?

Put your freshies in a colander on top of a large pot , top with ice, put in the fridge. When the ice melts it will absorb the active alkaloids and leave behind the flesh. Then freeze in an ice cube tray. I’m not sure about dosing, it’s so extremely variable.

3 Likes

This is so cool, fruits and mushrooms growing naturally in the back of your house. I’m tired of the city :pensive:

3 Likes

Never tried it but sounds like my best option. Freeze zip locks of it. Dosage seems to always be varied, sometimes one fresh mushroom will be a nice ride other times 4gm dried does nothing. I like the technique that you mentioned though

3 Likes

Yep, and then just drop a few cubes in your iced tea and relax

4 Likes

Out in the field as we speak and just spotted the first cubensis of the season, I’ll come back tomorrow to grab her

19 Likes

:astonished::astonished::astonished::flushed:

Jealous

Beautiful amber/golden stem

2 Likes

Any mushroom pickers in Canada sure wouldn’t mind trying some fresh shrooms the only ones I was able to find were dried to dust . Wouldn’t mind finding a ounce or so .

3 Likes

Here you can see the cubensis is right next to a patch of over ripe pan cyan, unfortunately a day late on those but very cool to see them in the same spot

Another side by side, 2 species in symbiosis… cubensis in the background

8 Likes

Not a bad haul today

Just put the ice extraction in the fridge @anon93244739

16 Likes

Wild prints would be appreciated! Can trade for one

P.S. for microscopy purpose of course :wink:

4 Likes

Do you run more than one round of ice through the strainer? Or just throw them after the first?

1 Like
6 Likes

6 Likes

Makes me wonder about trying to fruit them in the same tub…

2 Likes

That would be cool to see

Changed it a little after watching the video

5 Likes