Magic Spirit Seed Company Mexican Melon, Bodhi Black Triangle and Lucky Dog Chem Fuego

Man those beauties are near perfect! Great tips and the colors are so vibrant. Much RESPECT!

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

9 Likes

:chile::cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

Ah yes, the classic “It’s Mexican Melon and it’s mine” meme. Love that one. What’s that second one? Weed that was being smuggled in watermelons or something?

6 Likes

Also, I dunno if you noticed or not, but I finally took your advice and found a black background to snap pics, @PlantShepherd. That was you, right? Only took me four years to realize,”Wait, I can just use my veg tent for the background…” haha!!

8 Likes

Everything is looking great @minitiger
The structure of MM#2 just looks better and better as those flowers are filling out.
Really excited to watch those CF finish too.
Always nice when something finishes a little earlier then we expect.
Ps, I’ll be sure to tag you when I pop those Chasca beans.

5 Likes

Thanks, dude. That Mexican Melon #2 is a looker for sure haha. She actually looks pretty gnarly, but in a way that makes me think she’ll end up being excellent smoke. I’ve got a little more than 2.5 packs left, hopefully I’ll be able to find that pheno again whenever I get around to finally busting out my cloners and start taking cuts and shit.

7 Likes

Hey Minitiger! I’m not sure if it was me, but I often do that. Another trick is to use a single light source, put your bud real close to it and take the picture. Then the background will just stay dark. Your plants are looking absolutely gorgeous! I knew you would dig the chem fuego. :wink: :v:

5 Likes

I really do. They smell very “Headband-ish” right now. Just that sort of raw, nose-piercing thing that reminds me a lot of some of the weed I used to get twelve or so years ago, back when dispensaries actually sold good weed. Getting me excited to try some of the other Lucky Dog stuff I have in the fridge, for sure.

10 Likes

It was my advice lol and yes I noticed. That Black Triangle #2 and Chem fuego #5 look deadly. :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Ah, okay. Thanks for the advice haha! In our old house, the table I set my plants on to water was right in front of the black side of the Panda Film I covered a window with, so I always had a black background. Moved into our new house a little over four years ago and I swear to gawd it took me until three days ago to realize I could use the veg tent for the background haha. The pics do look better. Those shadows always got on my nerves.

8 Likes

Wow. I had a lot to catch up on. Life has been crazy busy. I am sorry that two of your plants broke. Hopefully the tape job worked on splinting the first break. It usually fixes them for me, but sometimes I need to move the plants out of direct light for a little while if the break is pretty fucking gnarly.

Truth. Fuck russet mites. I can’t wait to be back in full swing with an entire house full of plants; making selections and making/sharing seeds. Did I mention fuck russet mites? Haha. More quality time to spend with my family has been priceless, but people growing and enjoying my work has been the only thing keeping me sane when it comes to cannabis.

I am not a fan of IG either (it has taken my homie years of nagging me to even make one), but there are quite a few breeders that have cultivars that I want to work with, who only communicate about their seed drops through IG and/or sell through email.

In regards to drops that sell out quickly, yeah fuck that shit most times. I am too old with too much shit going on in my life to be able to do shit like that anymore haha. I will leave the sniping to the kids haha.

I had to stay persistent for like 6+ months to to be able to pick up my packs of Sour Diesel Bx4 from JJ. It was fairly ridiculous, but hopefully worth hassle haha. I tried to pick up a couple of packs of the Sour DIesel Bx4 for a homie like a day or two after I ordered my packs and JJ was already sold out. I may end up selling the homie a pack or two, if I don’t end up running them all. I like to grow out as large of populations as possible for selecting plants to work with though, so that might not be possible. I wish you well with the rest of your grow! I always love your grow logs! Positive vibes…

~nugzz

13 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure if I could deal with not growing. I had to take a year off like four years ago, when I didn’t have any money, and it drove me nuts. Hopefully you’ll have the whole house up and running again soon.

You did haha. Yesterday, somebody messaged me here and said that they had a legit Sour Diesel clone they could share with me, just as soon as they got their russet mite problem sorted out haha. Not too sure what that was about. I was like,”Ummmm, thanks, but no thanks.” I’ve decided I’m never gonna bring a clone into my garden, I don’t care what it is. Been hearing too many stories about russets and HpLV and whatever all else lately, I’m thinking that’s a sign to avoid all clones.

What’d that entail? How did you “stay persistent”? I’m not one to bug people or anything, but I might bug JJ for those Sour Diesel bx4’s, if only I knew how haha. Anyway, if you don’t end up selling that pack to your buddy, I’d be happy to send you some cash for that pack or trade for them or whatever. And when you make seeds with whatever you find, I wanna be first on that list haha.

It was just the one plant, the Mexican Melon #1. It broke twice haha. No big deal, although I would’ve loved to see those main branches fill out. The nugs on the two branches that remain are getting pretty fat, it woulda been nice to see how the main colas turned out. In any event, I still have a lot of seeds left, this won’t be the last time they get ran.

Anyway, good to see you around, dude! Don’t be a stranger. Although if I couldn’t grow, I’d probably be avoiding any and all grow sites, too haha!

6 Likes

I do believe I read that the alternating branches is a sign that the plant is mature. That he or she is ready for flower.

They looked beautiful thou. Very nice and healthy !

2 Likes

Can you see that? How there’ll be one branch growing out to the left and then like half an inch above there’s a branch growing out to the right? Also, the branches aren’t really “opposite” each other.

Have seen it, have done it with stress to cuts, although my cuts were still 180 degrees just right one here left one up a inch or two and so on, if that makes sense. There is a name for it, and researching a bit on it, I read that actually they will yeild more quanity. Dont know thats true,just know i read it on the internet.

1 Like

What your talking about is most often referred to as alternating nodes. Every cannabis cultivar I have grown have exhibited this trait 6-9 weeks from sprout. Its a sign of sexual maturity.

4 Likes

hmm i have only noticed it with stressed plants , using cuts i wanted to see how much trimming defoliating you could do before the plant started to die that worked, and then cuts some times.

1 Like

Literally every cannabis strain I have grown has alternating nodes when it reaches sexual maturity. Sometimes as early as 6 weeks and as long as nine weeks. It’s commonly known knowledge.

4 Likes

@Who isn’t talking about alternating nodes. Neither am I. We know what alternating nodes are. If you look at the pictures that he’s referring to, they aren’t alternating nodes. There’ll be one branch (one branch, not two branches growing 180 degrees opposite each other at the same node), then about an inch above it, there’ll be another branch (again, one branch, not a set of branches) growing at like a 100 degree angle from the branch below it. Rinse and repeat etc etc. It’s basically like a spiral of branches.

The Mexican Melon #2 didn’t do that because of stress. It’s just the way she grew. I love it.

The Melon #2 is absolutely going to yield more, simply because she has three tops. And she has three tops because of the sorta “spiral” growth thing she did. I think it’s really cool and I hope I can find at least one more plant like that the next time I run these.

Unless she smokes like shit. Then I hope I don’t find any more like that. I think she’s gonna smoke great, though.

6 Likes

Sounds like he’s referring to the normal alternating nodes you see with sexual maturity to me. But, text can be misunderstood easily.

3 Likes

Yeah, maybe, I dunno. That’s not what I was talking about haha, in reference to that Mexican Melon #2.

2 Likes