Make your own drugs

Young HeadyBear Adventures

5 Likes

We chewed leaves in the Andes all day to keep our lungs working and to stave off altitude sickness.
They sell sacks of leaves everywhere in Peru. Good as a tisane/tea as well

8 Likes

It’s not something I have too much experience with but I’d me more likely to fold it my gums than put it up my nose.

3 Likes

It’s (obviously) much milder in its natural, unprocessed form. Very much a part of the culture in that region of South America

2 Likes

I tried growing poppies where I live a couple of summers ago. I got about 50 pods so it was an okay harvest, but not enough to motivate me to do it again.

1 Like

And morning glories.

I did the dmt extraction back in the day. Wasn’t in the right head space though so gave it to a psychonaut friend who said it was the purest they’d ever seen (recrystallized twice, all crystal shards, no yellow).

Donno if any of this picture breaks rules…? Mushrooms, tested MDMA, 10x LSD-25 and some s- and r-ketamine.

8 Likes

Angel trumpets are very easy to grow. Turn into massive trees over time if you don’t prune them

1 Like

Sorry to be the party crashing square but this kind of thread is probably against the forum rules & I PMed LemonadeJoe because I know there may be some confusion since there’s :mushroom: discussions, but cooking up rocks is way over the line. :thinking: :man_shrugging:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

if you got a bunch of ergotamine tartrate lying around…

1 Like

I hear locals chew the leaves with a lime leaf and maybe a little baking soda. It helps them deal with high altitudes and keeps them going.

2 Likes

Great thread… thanks all!

It amazes me what you can actually grow (not just drugs). Never even heard of some of these drug names. Fascinating stuff!

3 Likes

Totally appreciate that! I don’t want to cross any lines and hope no one actually discussed methods for making illegal substance, just curious what’s possible especially naturally occurring plants. There are so many naturally occurring entheogens I’ve never even heard of that people find medical.

3 Likes

Reading about Angel Trumpets, God it sounds like a horrible experience

2 Likes

I’ve never experienced it, but i had a buddy do them one time. Said he was sitting in his car smoking a bowl and talking to me and a couple other friends at the time. He goes to hand the bowl to one of the guys in the back seat and realized we weren’t even there.

Bro science :test_tube: is a GR8 thing! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

1 Like

Did they give you the alkali to chew with it? I have tried dried leaf from Peruvians in NYC and they taught me to use some slaked lime to make the wad that you lip like chewing tobacco once it gets all worked up, it makes the effect much stronger! Chewing leaf is an entirely different feeling than powder cocaine, besides being uncut it feels like the difference between distillate and full spectrum extractions.

This is a cool explanation of it from the best coca chewing article I’ve read:

“ chewing on their quest to experience Machu Picchu. A New Age spirituality often compliments this encounter with the Andean other and the chewing of coca is a ritual activity often associated with this mission. On any given day the parking lot of Cuzco’s airport is full of older Quechua speaking women hawking small bags of a dozen leaves to foreigners going to the hotel buses.2Usually the exchange of coca and money is accomplished out in the open, but the Western visitors always seem a bit nervous with the transaction, even though many must have thoroughly read their guidebooks and therefore know that chewing coca is legal in Andean countries.3 When the tourists conclude their business they typically retreat to their rooms and chew the leaves in private. But this entire experience is completely spurious because the venders seldom sell the foreigners cal (CaO), or the little balls of quinoa ash, gum and lime called llypta (llipta , llujt’a , ilipta andtocra ) (Gagliano 1994: 7; Gootenberg 2008: 16). Ash is also used as the alkaline processing agent (Katz et al. 1974: 768-9) because approximately one third of the chemical composition of wood ash is CaO (Misra et al. 1993: 111). The availability of wood ash suggests that cinders are the more primitive precursor to the more difficult to manufacture quicklime. But again, Dillehay et al. have shown examples of CaO production, related to coca chewing, 8,000 years in the past. What is even more striking is that the lime from the site he investigated was produced by precipitating lime from calcite (Dillehay et al . 2010: 949). The importance of finding an early workshop dedicated to making quicklime cannot be over emphasized.

• 4 In a summer 2003 trip to La Paz I had my first experience with the small Bolivian bags of coca and (…)

7Without these alkalis, chewing coca leaves has less effect on the human body and is more like the mate de coca (coca leaves tea) served in the Andes, including in upscale Cuzco establishments. The vendors, of course, know that a ball of llypta should complement any purchase free of charge, but at the Cuzco airport most sellers will feign ignorance if they are challenged for not providing this catalyst at no extra charge. To a certain extent the reluctance of the vendors is reasonable, because giving a free class on masticating coca leaves and a strong alkali in one’s mouth, to effete Western travelers, is a daunting task for any campesino intent on making a few extra Soles for the day. But about two and a half miles away from the airport, a one-pound bag (libra ) of coca leaves can be purchased in the San Pedro market, with complimentary llypta, for approximately the same price as the small glassine packages of ten or twenty leaves at the airport. The cost for a small bag of leaves can be fifteen soles ($5) or more, which is an outrageous price that only remains viable because of the naiveté of the steady flow of visitors into the region. In other areas of Peru, for instance the upper Marañon in the northeast, a libra bag of tupa coca leaves, available here, but not in Cuzco, will cost about fifteen Soles , cal (CaO) included. Small bags of coca leaves are common in other southern Andean regions. In La Paz Bolivia, for example, street hawkers sell coca in small packets similar to those hawked at Cuzco’s airport, but these bags have a ridiculously low retail price (in cents) and often come with a ball of llypta .4

2 Likes

Dami will definitely have to put going to Peru on my bucket list

You in Canada, bro?..lol

2 Likes

Lol. I have 10 that are pruned to 7 feet so I can get them in and out of the house every spring and winter :rofl:

2 Likes