Malana seed run sign up (closed)

Thanks for the heads up! Yes if somebody could close it down that would be great. We will cap it at 82

3 Likes

Anyone that missed out on the Malana should keep your eyes and ears open this fall. There will be some more Himalayan seeds floating around the coop. Possibility it will be Malana again, but if it isnā€™t, it will be Nanda Devi, Kali Ram, or Wailing valley

16 Likes

Thanks @Upstate! Thanks for growing these, and your hard work, and time! This is very generous of you! OG to the C.O.R.E.

3 Likes

Afghan that Iā€™ve run here did great and exhibited all of the glorious colors at harvest, as well. This will be good. I have friends up the canyon who live proabably 1,000 foot higher maybe more. He has a geodesic greenhouse that is 20ā€™-24ā€™ tall in the middle. Heā€™s had plants touching the top he said, lolā€¦ I might leave one with him to let it go for the moon. heh heh

4 Likes

Yes thanks @Upstate .
Thanks for your hard work!!!

3 Likes

These plants literally jump out of their seed casing. They are ready and raring to go! I donā€™t know if it was a day or two days after I put them in a paper towel, but they were already an inch and a half long. And I didnā€™t put the seeds in a glass of water first. By far the most vigorous Sprouts Iā€™ve ever seen ( in 30 years). I think these things could hit 20 feet. If your friend grows one or two of those full size , I have one requestā€¦Have him lay on the floor at the base of the plant and take a picture up towards the ceiling for me once they are good and tall. I have a Cheese grin on my face just thinking about it!
Cocogenes has a different Himalayan cultivar from the Parvati Valley that has phenotypes that definitely clear 20 ft. Grahan Village. If somebody is bold ( dumb? Lol) enough or has the property to try one of these crazy 20 +Footers for a reproduction, I will send seed. The write-up says they can yield as well as a modern hybrid, and people from the village say itā€™s the strongest Himalayan variety out there. I bought this one specifically for legalization, but it looks like itā€™s going to be another few years before I can grow something that big in my yard. If youā€™re a heavy smoker and have a 6 plant limit where you live, this one seems like a no-brainer. You can make a lot of hash off of a 20-foot plant!
I have a dozen Himalayan varieties, so if anybody is interested in trying one for the coop shoot me a message. I have one that is specifically for bone and joint pain that I have extra interest in. We would need a germination expert for them.

9 Likes

Iā€™m at 34 degrees - but very close to sea level (appx 15ft)
Will altitude be an issue?

4 Likes

No, it shouldnā€™t be an issue, although altitudes above 1800 feet increase resin production. I bet they love it.

5 Likes

Any strain advice for neurological issues?

My Wife was diagnosed with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) following an injury / surgery; so I have a vested interest in hunting these strains.
(the Kush that Iā€™ve been growing has cut her opiate intake by quite a bit)

Iā€™m starting a run of Herijuana reg seeds soon - supposed to have a pretty good effect on pain - weā€™ll know in a few months!

4 Likes

Hey, I just got @Worcestershire_Farms Azad Kashmir beans yesterday to try indoors and them out. I havenā€™t totally learned about either strain specifically yet, just generalizations, but think they might be a decent match?

Thatā€™s supposed to be a good pain and night time med. Some phenos are supposed to be real strong. I hope to grow mine this year.

You must be in NC or Virginia for 15 feet elev.! lolā€¦ I lived on the coast of both states back in the 90ā€™s

5 Likes

Dude, I would imagine so. The hash that came off their progeny would be top of the top shelf.

5 Likes

I bet they would be a nice match. Malana will add a variety of flavors and some size, while the Kashmir will give the potency and structure. I donā€™t think anybodyā€™s made that hybrid yet. Iā€™d be interested in your project

6 Likes

ā€œYou must be in NC or Virginia for 15 feet elev.! lolā€¦ I lived on the coast of both states back in the 90ā€™sā€

Other coast! :upside_down_face:
Managed to travel A LOT when I was younger - I really enjoyed the East Coast when I was there - great people, great food, and a speeding ticket I never paid in NC.

ā€œThe Old Hippyā€ who I would pick up from in NorCal would rave on and on about Nepalese hash.
The hash he & his Wife made was pretty mind-melting, couch lock stuff, so I could only imagine what he was talking about.
We come back from surfing and theyā€™d set us up with a bowl topped with hash to prevent sore muscles.
I was in my teens - I had no idea what soreness was yet. But I knew that it got me so high that Iā€™d find myself staring at their household decorations for minutes at a timeā€¦

Iā€™ve come close to the hash they made - great body effect; but that hypnotic, zone out into space meditation part is missing.

6 Likes

I dont know if it was you that I told or not, but with a med card we only need to wait another 5 months. Everyone else has to wait for like 2 years or more. I think even if someone with a med card lives in your home you can have 6 plants growing on the property. I need to see abiut becoming a caregiver. Might be abke to have more girls. I dont remember what state it is, but ive read a caregiver can have up to 194 plants.

3 Likes

I think itā€™s 4 personal / 12 medical here.
They donā€™t care unless youā€™re making money - then they want their share!

But then thereā€™s questions like - if thereā€™s 2 adults in the house can I grow 8?
Might be a reason to send my kiddo to a local college! :laughing:
edit re sp

4 Likes

I do believe in my state EVENTUALLY the max is 12 per household with 6 per adult allowed.

3 Likes

Which is actually a pretty good flowering run if you think on it.

One caveat I forgot is that in California (where ā€œhereā€ is) itā€™s 4 / 12 ā€œMatureā€ plants.
But theyā€™ll get you for a cultivatorā€™s license if you have too many clones too.

Again though, they really donā€™t care about personal / friends & family grows.
ā€œBustsā€ these days are almost always WEIGHT - hundreds of pounds & up.

My spare room 4x8 and aspirations of a perpetual grow hardly counts lol

3 Likes

This is why I cant stand the laws around it.

They fail to realize a single seed in the hands of an experienced grower can produce 1 to 2 pounds dry per plant.

They limit the amount of plants you can have thinking they can limit the amount of bud you will harvest.
Lets keep letting them think 6 plants will only give you a few ounces.

4 Likes

Two words.
First, an oxymoron:

• Government Intelligence

Second the etymology of a word:
Politics - Poly (many) + Ticks (blood sucking arachnids)

9 Likes

Colorado is 6 per adult. I forget the details, now, lolā€¦ The heat is on the large black market grows and Iā€™ve never heard or read of a home grower being hassled or busted for plant count. My problem is Iā€™m trying to get as much knowledge as possible in the shortest amount of time so I have lots of experiments sometimes.

Lots of those strains are still in bags waiting to make some meds with them. Sometimes I wish I was younger and had the balls of a younger guy, I would sell it but I just have any of those type of contacts anymore.

Iā€™ll try and make that happen. It seemed to make sense as soon as I thought about it this morning.

I have my first batch of Azad Kashmir soaking tonight and they will be in dirt tomorrow. I dropped 4 large seeds and 4 small seeds. They almost looked like sativa and indica seeds next to each other. Iā€™ll keep them all separate to see if there is a difference in the offspring from the different seed size.

Iā€™m going to gift a few to my friends up in the mountains since you sent so many. Iā€™ll go up there and take clones of them all and then let them do their thing. Theyā€™re organic farmers and I supply them with seeds for the last couple of years. Iā€™ll make sure they preserve these for themselves, and I hope to get some good info from observing their grows. Theyā€™re about another 700-1000 feet higher.

Hey @Upstate, I already forgot what I read from aboveā€¦ when are these going out? Depending on how things go this season, I may try and seek pollen from somebody else if they get a good male and I donā€™t or vice versa. peace

5 Likes