Manga Rosa (Exotic Alchemy)

Exotic Genetix Black Patronus

@deeez99

11 Likes

ehhh son of a bi@tch. I was spraying a jdam wetting solution along with some essential oils throughout veg but missed the last couple weeks and now I have to try and evict these little buggers.

8 Likes

Hate those things! :confounded: good luck on your upcoming battle. Thrips are destructive little beasts.

4 Likes

@lefthandseeds Agreed! Unfortunately upon further inspection it’s a bit worse than I thought. However, the timing isn’t too bad as I’m about to pot them up so I can just thoroughly clean each one as I get them into larger containers.

They’re looking pretty good so far though I think (at least from the top of the canopy).

Pistils look developed enough to start receiving some pollen. Will be moving them into the room with the males soon.

@Upstate sorry forgot to tag you but we’ve talked about this one for a while now and finally we have some progress to show!

12 Likes

Good luck with the bugs! You just going to manually clean then? Any sprays or drench or beneficials?

2 Likes

Thanks @gcomputer. Yes I think I’m just going to try and clean them manually as they are still a pretty modest size and shouldn’t be too much trouble (I hope). I do still have lady bugs and lady bug larva crawling around my outdoor plants so I’m planning to scoop up as many as possible and put them inside. In the past this has always kept the bugs in check so I’m going to try this route first.

3 Likes

This is my first introduction to Mango Rosa, I hope you can get those pests under control. I have a big thrip and leaf miner problem in my own area so consistent IPM and silica foliar has been my best friend and sadly with some strains it isn’t even enough! I read online when I first started growing that leafminers and thrips aren’t often considered a death sentence or serious impediment but the amount I’ve been seeing on my plants in the first 2-3 weeks have proven problematic.

4 Likes

Excellent! Thanks for the tag. Beautiful looking plants you have going. I’m happy to see the word pollination😁 I can’t wait to see what you have!

4 Likes

Thanks @Sodapop it’s my first experience with it as well. I’m always amazed at how fast aphids reproduce but I think I can get it back under control. I’m definitely going to try and get some smokable flower from these but it’s mainly a seed increase project so even if they limp across the finish line the seeds are what I’m after.

Thanks @Upstate, so far I will say that I’m surprised how quickly they seem to be flowering. Males have already been dropping quite a bit of pollen at week 4 of 12/12 lighting.

12 Likes

You’re doing great man! Those are some vigorous and fertile looking boys

3 Likes

Quite a bit of pollen:sweat_smile:
Are you going to store also some pollen or just doing pollination?

6 Likes

4 weeks 12/12 is fast for pollen dropping, but it looks like you had a decent veg time first and surely that sped things up. Nice looking male you got there. :ok_hand: looking good!

2 Likes

Week 7 of flower
The battle with aphids continues. I did manage to capture a few lady bugs that are now starting to reproduce so hopefully that will help a lot more.

Good news is there are lots of seeds forming :smiley:

And the baby lady bugs

9 Likes

Pre flight ladybugs are terrifying monsters with big appetites! The first one that crawled on me didn’t survive my shock :rofl:

1 Like

haha yes voracious appetites indeed! I’ve had a few land on the back of my neck from the outdoor plants and yea they didn’t stand a chance when the instinctual reflexes kicked in. Felt bad of course.

2 Likes

How did this grow end up?

2 Likes

Hey @invisible thanks for checking in and I would say it seemed successful in that the seeds are looking pretty good from the first couple buds I was picking through. I’d say they finished up around week 16 but I just let them keep going to hopefully ripen up as many seeds possible. It does seem that I over pollinated but we’ll see what we end up with as soon as I finish shucking.

Unfortunately the aphids really took over before all the lady bugs were able to keep things under control and so there was no flower that looked even worthy of sampling. I did keep a couple clones that I was hoping to finish for some flower sampling though.

You can tell from the leaves that I’ve had a hard time keeping them happy though so we’ll see how these finish. I moved them out to the greenhouse to hopefully finish well under the sun.

7 Likes