Mangobiche Colombian landrace

Couple hours or so. I’m southeast.

1 Like

I got a thumb drive full of images so here are some of them:

25 Likes

Man, what kind of plant is that 2nd picture of? That’s wild looking.

3 Likes

Awesome! I love the pics and I still want to visit there someday. What’s your friends name again? He looks like somebody I knew from the 70’s. Do you know if those are whales teeth in the first pic? I had a piece made from a whales tooth and inlaid turquoise from a hippy artist around 1972. It was stolen.

Have your friend start a membership here and join in on the fun. It seems like you addressed that earlier. At least tell him thanks for the view into Colombia. It’s a treat! peace

3 Likes

Great pics. Looking forward to growing some out

1 Like

It’s either quinoa or amaranth, I think both are native.

Those are jaguar teeth, from the Amazon, my friend is a shaman and so collects all kinds of power objects. You can check out his IG feed for more: https://www.instagram.com/condorcannabis/

5 Likes
7 Likes

sure that would be great

1 Like

Hi @ARAM8611, welcome to Overgrow! Make yourself at home and when you get the chance, head over and visit our Introduce Yourself thread to say hi to everyone. We have so much going on and people from all over the world. Enjoy! peace

1 Like

I’d be interested…

1 Like

I hate to respond to such an old message, but why is this? I thought the UK was a mostly temperate area that didn’t get much frost, with London being close to frost free. I know it’s not equatorial sativa climate, but shouldn’t you be able to carry a plant deep into the winter? Definitely not arguing. I am super interested in the climate and gardening world of the UK. I am a deep anglophile.

3 Likes

It’s the rain and cold here in the UK at just the wrong time for flowering outside that causes the problem . You could count the rain free days where I am on one hand in the last three months

8 Likes

Are these seeds still available?

1 Like

Welcome to OG @TokaCola. This thread sort of just petered out. We never heard any more from anyone. Hit the introduce yourself thread when you get the chance and let everyone know you’re here. You should really enjoy the site. peace

3 Likes
4 Likes

Just finished a 26 week Orissa Gold so need short break with a more normal flowering run.

But, we should plan a South American run. I’ve got a few Columbian landraces, and a couple hybrids, Santa Maria F8 and Lov Sic #2, that I may use to try to tame them a bit.

8 Likes

26 weeks… I have to ask. Is the juice worth the squeeze? Minus the multi month cure, how are the early smoke tests?

5 Likes

Only thing I have from Colombia is a ‘72 Colombian Gold x Afropip’s Malawi. It was about 12-16 weeks. Can’t remember now.

I might be able to get that CG by itself. I believe @Cristalin at Underground Seed Collective was bring it back again.

I wish I understood the language. I want to go back and finish watching that video. Maybe the thread will wake back up.

Hey @Subjectnumber7, any news on your friend and the Mangobiche? peace

3 Likes

I’ve run bodhis dreadbread which is mangobiche x ghani. Ridiculous fire. Got some crazy sativa phenos in which the mum really shines through. If thats anything to go off, mangobiche is crazy.
Edit: the high felt like a blend of being high on meth, scattered on meth and hit in the head with a hammer.

15 Likes

Now, THAT is a smoke report. :rofl: Cue the music from ‘PEE WEE’S BIG ADVENTURE’.

6 Likes