Mapito Eb & Flood - HLG starfleet - Strain Judging

Thank you very much @Tappy
You are doing great things to.

6 Likes

TL1
Some branches of Strawberry Banana (aka Strawnana) were trimmed. 9,5w Flow. High yields.
This strain is under my care since a while allready. A classic from the newer gens.
DNA - Serious Seeds colab. A cross of Banana Kush and Bubblegum strawberry pheno.
Dominant in the banana cream aromatics, few strawberry but clearly present. No kush taste besides some spiceness mostly in the dry buds after being crushed and not while toking, the kush is in the after-effects. Dominant euforic high that fades into a stoner relax.
No superfrost but it should come with a ‘handle with care’ warning for novice users. The effects are strong.

Outdoor it performs great to but it flowers till mid november. This one is coming down today.

31 Likes

Ok so say you are starting from scratch genetically. You can buy any three packs of seeds from any breeders currently being sold…which breeder’s would you go to for your best chances of finding the Fire? You can name just the breeder or breeder specific lines. Thanks for your opinion :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

just go with what he shows and doesn’t trash :wink:

but…
usually what he calls trash is anyones keeper, lol.
he is hard but honest. that’s what i like about him.

so far he spoke well about dark horse, the plug,
terp hogz, aficionado, exotic. they’re all top notch !!

16 Likes

@CosmoNut , that is a very hard question.
It depends on several things:

• what strains did you try (smoke or grow) that you liked
  • what aromatics direction do you like personally
  • medical or relaxation or both
  • indica or sativa favorites

What you see these days is that breedercompanies bring out TONS of gear.
They select one male/female and pollinate their entire (or a big part) of their mother collection.
They release 10 or 20 from those … mostly in a few waves, so the customers do not really notice this fact. This is something to watch out for. No matter the brand or breeder(god).
I think its a kind of Taboo where not much is spoken about online. It is a phenomenom from the last 10 years.

I had expensive and cheap seeds that were rubbish. But also vice versa.

The last thing i want to mention is that i encountered allot of fraud. Strain names and so called elite clones names give great sales. This is exploited allot.
Some claim and use the words ‘original’ but they do not have it. (the buyer is convinced he got real)
Buyers think they get originals en pass on the genes. A huge snowball effect starts.

A big example is Amnesia. Those who claim the original were in dipers and not even on the scene when we were allready smoking it. Sativa??? Amnesia was a mostly indica and only became partly sativa after being hit with Haze.

The main part of the seedworld is in hands from those who can afford most commercial / hypes and who have the biggest army of followers. Sorry to say but since the US legalisation, it became worse for a big part but i must be honest and also allot of good came out of this, science did came involved and many bro myths got crushed. Some jewels were found (but often exploited for $)
Money has become dominant above passion very often. Not always but it is harder to split good from bad these days.

Like i said above here, the seedworld is one big Taboo, allot happens in the shade.
Those who speak about it will get consequenses. I do not care about that.

29 Likes

Well said !
I’m am out of likes !

I’m running Amnesia now fromUSC
I’m hopeful I’ll find a good keeper

Thanks for your commentary on the seed industry

I see more and more of breeders hitting everything with the same dad I’ve not fell in to the hype yet

Still like the old lines

10 Likes

@Papalag , thank you. I speak the truth. I have spoken openly what i wanted to say.
Know many backgrounds of many breeders. Ive helped a few in my life to.
It’s not my intention to create riots.

A good keeper of Amnesia, the real old genes, they do not flower longer than 9 weeks. Do not aim for the dominant sativas. Indica must be present but with sativa stretch.

22 Likes

Thanks for responding :+1::+1::+1::+1:

5 Likes

if you really want good genetics go with RKIEM seeds, their stuff is amazing, and Angel one of the owner, he is top top breeder, he is behind of some great stuff from the USA. They have expanded quite good, South America, Canada, Colorado, Spain, and Spannabis winers. Xupete, GOS, SUGUZ, ZKIEM, DEAD CHEESE, BANANA DESSERT, FANCY DON ROUCH, etc. etc. just to mention a few are top shelf. I went mad buying seeds from USA, in-house, terphogz, darkhorse, purplecity genetics, grand daddy, TGA SUBCOOL, spent a lot, and after checking RKIEM man for me is over the hunt gringo seeds.

1 Like

@eskobar Great write up. Maybe I am wording it a bit wrong.

What 3 breeders do you trust/respect the most to find fire?

We all have our own tastes but I am firm believer that good weed is still good weed and bad is well bad. Sure we prefer some flavors over others but you can recognize and appreciate quality… When it’s there.

Your above example of Amnesia is a good one and I bet you have a great idea of the honest better breeders vs well the not.

You aren’t one to mince words and I really enjoy that. I am not looking to argue about breeders or anything I just respect your work and opinion so give it to me​:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:…please​:slightly_smiling_face:

Oh and thanks in advance for the insight s

3 Likes

Well, that is a bit of a problem.
I do buy and get allot of seeds. Even from the breeders i like most some lines i dump after one grow.

Soma, great quality but expensive. He was talking about terpenes 2 decades ago and his strains were the most exotic back then and still can compete modern strains.
Archive Seeds, strains like Tire Fire, Rocket Fuel, Fritter Licker, Oregon Lemons are wow. The moonbow breeding works i dumped those instantly.
Aficionado, tricky to buy seeds from. Very expensive and some crosses maybe sound good but they are not. Prices of 200+$ for a simple RiRi Sour diesel (who has intentions to herm easy) cross is just insane and greedy. I did encounter a few good ones of them, Portofino is waw old skool flower.
Exotic Genetix, i like practicly everything i bought from them and did buy new ones for 2023 allready.
InHouse genetics, expensive and some overhyped stuff, overall great frostmonsters with taste.
SinCity, unstable and ditched some hermie strains of them. No further interest in them.
Dungeon Vault Genetics, great quality, very happy.
Cannarado, overal very stable quality. Like them
The Plug, price quality very ok.
Mamiko seeds, Original GMO, very intense. If you dont know them or the strain, buy it.
Cult Classic & Universally Seeded = Cement Shoes! bomb

Old school seedbanks that i know very long, i still love them. TH Seeds for me as nr1.
Paradise Seeds (who is involved in the new Compound Genetics into Europe now) is great.
Dutch Passion, Sensi Seeds, DNA genetics!!! quality insurance.
Super Sativa Seedclub, Crockett Family, Positronics = goooood

I have grown and tasted houndreds of strains from dozens of seedbanks. (=spoiled)
If you dont know Cheese, GMO, Bruce Banner, Gelato, Runtz. Those would be a great start. Old and new.

So to give my final thoughts, i like the strains, not the breeders full menu.
If you search for a certain strain, try to research its origin and buy as close you can get.

@Sharky, i normally avoid the Spanish breeders. They are responable for 1/3 of the worlds seedproduction. Mass bulk producers. Copying the entire planet, china style, jumping on all the hypes out there.
Rkiem i dont know them at all. Looking at their menu i do know and have grow(n) most of the original parentage. I will give one strain a try, can get them easy.

30 Likes

It’s Runtz time again

31 Likes

Although they are from Spain, have you maybe gone through Mandala seeds products? If anything, they have a different approach. No stealing or copying other people’s work…

5 Likes

Hella @Pannonian
Sorry that i have forgotten Mandala Seeds in my list.
They do not belong to the new gen from Spain i mentioned, Mandala is way older and something different, you can say, ‘breeders’.
I cant remember how many years ago that was. I have seen them starting up the bis early 2000’s.
Satori, Sadhu, White Satin, … good!!!
Kalichakra, my Nr1 Mandala
Very fair prices for good quality of seeds.

I have forgotten a few others to. (De Sjamaan Seeds for example)

The question of 3 strains was very hard. So i named a few that i instantly had in mind before i went short circuit :slight_smile:
Mandala Seeds is present in my collection and it is wurth it.

20 Likes

Wonderful exactly what I was looking for.

Fyi I haven’t tried runtz but I just flowered pink runtz from prestige clones and it tastes great. Nothing exotic per se just a pink candied flavor.

Thanks for taking the time the wright up now i got looks to look through.

3 Likes

Oof that’s a great lil write up! Nice to see some good pointers to the stuff we’re able to get on the EU mainland, actually! Have been staring at some of the ones you mentioned and this review was exactly what I needed!

You’ve hit quite some terp nails yourself with those crosses you’ve made. Not to make anyone jump out of their pants prematurely, but any chance you’ll throw some of your new makings on the markets?

Also holy crap the amount of seeds you are going through :raised_hands:

4 Likes

In the EU you can get everything you want without problem. If there is a will, there is a way.

For seed releases? i am not activly looking to find and chose resellers. Yes, i had some requests.
I cannot say yes or no to your question. It depends what comes on my path. Financially i do not live from Canna or its seeds. For me = no presure, no dependance.
For 2023 i do have an increased seedmaking shedule.

This year i have been focussing mostly on Strawberry Rain (Red One, Strawberry One) and tried out some crosses. Doing selections is a never ending story.
All the batches i made in the past are still in my seedfridge. My history in seedform.

Seedmaking with or without the commercial aspects, it makes no difference to me, i have been making seeds non stop since around 2000. It’s fun to be here and be amongst active growers.
Some can see it as comeback? but i never been away, from my pov its just adding a public window again.
If some can learn from me or to avoid errors, thats good. I am still learning myself.

It is impossible for me to document online everything i do. Not all strains that i grow are posted here.
This is the only board where i post pictures.
The focus here is from the units TL1 and TL2 + a few BH1 sneakpeeks.
BH units are seedmakers. BH means Black Hole, because my buddy dripnwet names them like that.
Because of the high tech he named everything from me in space theme. From starfleet to black holes :wink:

24 Likes

Good to see your still going strong @eskobar i learnt from your journal many years ago on opengrow i followed it religiously until i hit gpw witch at that time felt impossible funny how far you come when you keep going grow after grow.

I take it all the stuff you grow now is your own crosses still?

Thanks
Optigrower

6 Likes

I see you found this thread on your own. Lol

5 Likes

Haha thanks floyd yes couldnt miss Eskobar thread :+1:

6 Likes