Mars Hydro refuses warranty

Out of this whole conversation all I’ve found myself wondering is who the fuck thought copying your lights was a good idea anyway :rofl: far better brands out there to copy and make triple what you sell 2-3 of your lights for.

Love your bad English as always :kissing_heart:

10 Likes

No I don’t have any of their products. i was asking cause when I bought my lights i saw theirs on Amazon as well. I wanted to be sure for further reference or for the people reading ( or who will read) this thread. That way there is no confusion lol :joy:

3 Likes

No confusion. They are a scam with bad lighting. Use at your own risk and read the threads. I’m not the only one that thinks they are a scam.

3 Likes

I warned everyone since day one of them joining our forum that they can not be trusted. Every bit of their company/business is shadey AF. I was deeply saddened when I realised we now had them as a sponsor and thought they would seriously effect the balance of our forum and they did on a few occasions get people’s backs up with false promises. Fuck marshydro. If everyone mutes all the posts from them they will hopefully get the message that they are not welcome here and leave our forum permanently. :v:

8 Likes

I wish I seen your warning.

Never again -

@Zoey Don’t you see. Everyone wants you gone. Get the hint. Stop writing to me. I don’t even care about your light anymore. But for you to sit there and say the light is fake. You are mocking me and brother… every post you make here. I will be giving people warning. That’s just because you won’t take responsibility for YOUR defective piece of shit.

Fuk off.

6 Likes

MAR II 900 vs the “other brand”. Is the other brand in the photo an example of a counterfeit? Per policy, of course.

I would avoid third parties (such as Amazon) for the purchasing of their product until they have explicitly clarified the Warranty to define who is in-fact an “authorized” reseller and what products are covered. This clarification should not come from a forum posting but as part the actual Warranty (and having Warranty coverage is not “free” despite the rhetoric).

Best bet is to purchase directly from their corporate web-site for any sort of assurance while keeping in-mind that they also attempt to limit their liability in the current Warranty with statements such as:

Warranty coverage is ultimately left to the discretion of Mars Hydro. We reserve the right to refuse warranty repair or replacement service to anyone.

Having access to the warranty may not matter anyhow. You’d essentially be relying on the good-will from the corporation (outside of the courts) even if purchased directly. They’ve taken the tact on a couple of occasions that company “policy” easily overrides implicit or explicit contract whether lawful or not. Going further with a claim wouldn’t be worth the time and effort beyond taking a principled stance. From my perspective, the product warranty amounts to a marketing piece (hoping you don’t read/ignore the fine print).

13 Likes

Sheisty buncha nonces the lorrovem

3 Likes

Fine example of why British television needs “closed caption” with English translation…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

8 Likes

Get a bit of Corrie on’t box. You’ll soon pick up the lingo r kid :joy:

6 Likes

Too be fair the quality of the marshydro lights are the best out of all the Chinese grow light manufacturers. That doesn’t mean that they are worth buying. It just means they put a little more effort into the building process. I own a meizhi 600w I cant knock it. It grows plants perfectly well. BUT I may have just struck lucky and received one from a decent batch. ALL Chinese electronic companies are shady. I purposely bought a Android tablet for £40 that was advertised as a decacore withe 8gb of ram just to see what they actually provided you with. I booted it up and checked under the system and it did in fact show the same specs as advertised. I rooted it and ran a tool that checked the system by probing the hardware and it gave me the “true” specs. It was actually a quad core with 1gb of ram like I actually expected it to be. They had hacked the tablets Android 4.4 (KitKat) rom so it showed as Android 8 (Oreo) with the higher specs.
At the end of the day the tablet was worth the £40 I paid for it with the “true” specs so I never bothered trying to fight it and get my money back but I learned a lesson that if its worth faking the CHINESE will go out of their way to do it to extract your cash from you. :v:

6 Likes

That’s cool that you know how to do that tech stuff. I’m glad you found out the truth using your knowledge! Very cool :sunglasses:
@Zoey is now trying to tell me it’s a fake light lol :joy: I swear the BS that this SPONSOR is pulling. I so was going to let it go. But for him to sit there and say my light is FAKE so they aren’t liable is a joke.

2 Likes

I’d fight it just to be a pain in the ass for the company but in the meantime I’d maybe give this a try :wink:

6 Likes

I can be a very big pain in the ass. Just outta principle. They listed out forums that they belong to on their website. Guess who made an account and is going to post there at well lol :joy:

7 Likes

I wasn’t doubting you, their troubles are well documented Brother.

4 Likes

Sounds like what they sale in 2019 is “unofficial” in 2020, and so on and so on. The Chinese do think everyone but them are stupid

6 Likes

That’s exactly why I was asking, because Amazon would be considered Third Party. I read in another thread that they would be changing/updating their policy on the advice of ogers.

3 Likes

Loki
I wanted to chime in and say that the picture you posted is the new mars 2 compared to their old mars 2 lights before they were aware of the LED burnout problems. They changed diodes to new style after so many people complained about all the burn outs , and there were an ton of them.
I know because my mars2 1600 looks exactly like the second picture with the clear diodes so are they now trying to say they never made a light with clear diodes/ Bullshit!
I know because I bought one directly from the old Rep Sara on another forum they were kick out of.

My light came directly from the Mars company and was paid for via paypal showing who I paid.
My light is over 5 yrs old but I only used it one full grow, went to use it last year and noticed the burnt out diodes , so now I am thinking it prob burnt out the 1st grow or soon after the start of the second. I flipped it out with my old HPS light

6 Likes

Here are the REAL ONES.
This sponsor has me pissed. I don’t care about the light. Just the fact he’s now saying my model is fake so he can free himself of guilt. Amazing

@Zoey don’t bring your bs to me brother. Your company :100: % made this light.

I was gonna let it go. Now enjoy the show :popcorn:

Crossed the line

1 Like

OK Those are exactly what I meant mine look just like yours
if mine is 5 yrs old and they fixed the problem why is your 2 yr old light the same diodes?
I thought that the second picture above was an old Mars 2 light , is it not/

4 Likes

I bought in 2018. Mars light was made

@Zoey is going to say my label is fake too :grinning:

3 Likes