🌈 Mastering the Original Haze releases

yes same location :wink:
well the yellow leaf’s are from the rat/mouse the eat the roots and make holes there …
this year is extreme in everything… lot’s of rain… slugs… and all the other… you name it…

here the yellow leaf’s show the root damage… rest of plant is ok

this is Cindy99/Jack Auto x OHz … very promising

i’ll love this sativa garden… no need to feed :wink:

IRAQ x Lemon Kix (Lemon Skunk) … interesting… all 3 got some silver coloration… before it was dark green… this one smells full lemon and starts also to flower now

IRAQ x OHz starts to flower… this could be a great cross… smoke will tell :wink:

so far they looking all great… full sativa dom now… all show sex… so far so good :slight_smile:

the only thing i’ll do is defoliate the lower… they will never get the sun in autumn
and i’ll also use this solar driven bumper … but doesn’t work well… they just don’t care

happy growin’
:rainbow:M.

30 Likes

Yep you nailed it :boom: thanks for sharing.
Nice little forest you are going to have there. Sativa Pine trees.

My forecast for the northern autumn is clear! The clouds are already empty I am sure.

Peace

4 Likes

Your Haze plants look amazing @MadMac have you ever tried some copper brillo around the base of plants slugs will not cross it. Just make sure to use enough for them giant slugs

5 Likes

I love to use unwashed sheep wool around the steams :innocent:

4 Likes

my best OHz male doing his job…
OHz male (Golli)

only flowers … no leaf’s :wink:

see the side nodes… full with flowers

Destroyer

LemonLarry (old)

Tangie (old stock)

MAC#1

Amnesia (old)

overview… soilbed with blumat watering

happy growin’

37 Likes

Looking good! Can I ask why you chose that male to be your favorite, what really stuck out to you?

4 Likes

well the offspring… doesn’t matter what i’ll used is better from grow, resin and effect as the parent… he makes perfect hybrids… did test 2 others … also Tom Hill Haze… great but this one does it all better…
he brings inbreed hybrids or landrace to life and gives old vigour back… than bx to origin and all is good :slight_smile:
thx

15 Likes

Very cool thread

2 Likes

Welcome MadMac! Your haze reputation precedes you, it’s an honor to have a legend amongst us!!! Thanks very much for the work that you’ve done to keep these rare NLDs alive! Also - thank you for sharing your insights on the best practices approach as well as input on harvesting windows.

I found you through doing research on the haze versions and also saw that you were listed with ZHG who is also a legend in me book.

Curious how you found the landrace sativa x haze combinations differed from the haze by itself or the landrace by itself? What sort of characteristics are retained from the landrace x haze cross after you bx it to the haze?

8 Likes

Loving this thread, the beautiful plants, and the advice provided. I am growing one of the keeper phenotypes from AG Ohaze (very special plant by appearances, with mango incense smell, heavy silver stem trichomes, and blood red sap) outdoors in a 25 gallon fabric pot and the advice will be quite helpful. If the desired effects are there, I’ll be keeping the haze as a clone for a very long time.

IMO the effects of Haze and strains like it are a combination of THCB/THCV/THC on the front end with high THCH and varying levels of THCP on the back end. And the different ratios of THC/CBD/CBC/CBG in chemotype also contributing as well (at all side chain lengths). Hopefully some lab will start testing for the acid forms in landrace and haze since the best explanation for the long duration is these longer side chain length cannabinoids. Just going off my experience with the isolates available in the US as a result of the 2018 farm bill and comparisons to landrace strains / haze hybrids.

9 Likes

good question… well the haze is strong inbreed and i’ll looking for a way to make it like it was back in the day’s… and also i’ll like the terpene from those landrace i’ll use … also the effect… and combined with the haze it gives this special kick… in 90% of the crosses… but it all start with a good girl…
i’ll use OHz boy’s for my quest … it was harder to find but to me it gives better results as to use a proper OHz girl who is easier to find… and the characteristics who retained after bx to haze depend really on strain i’ll used… with A5 for example i’ll still get bigger denser bud’s but no other A5 trace… like the smell… it’s full OHz now… still testing and one girl is in my flower room now… like:
Zamal/OHz x OHz
A5/OHz x OHz
Caledonia/OHz x OHz

A5/OHz x OHz top … other is Destroyer … the original…

it all takes soo much time … but it’s worth… see the results in 2-3 month :wink:

THCV is the main and the rest you name are responsible for the great effect and long duration…
it’s the perfect balance …

thx all

30 Likes

Agreed, the signature electricity, clarity, energy and smooth comedown are mostly THCV’s doing. Makes me wonder what the effect of a great Haze male crossed to a good 1:1 THC:THCV strain would be like.

6 Likes

sehr hübsch!! looks like a great OD spot,you´ve got there.
wishng you a sunny & dry fall season (Daumendrück)

3 Likes

me too… so i’ll got all good THCV strains…
Palmera THCV ** purple pheno is best
Royal THCV
Durban THCV

and crossed the best with the OHz boy

but not testet yet… made those seeds last winter…

there is not much i’ll left out in my search for the best high/effect…
i’ll need only to grow it all … hehe
i’ll bred and grow only because of the effect…
my search is nearly done … and crossing with the haze…
now only improve the haze :wink:

26 Likes

What a show amigo, really interesting crosses :love_you_gesture:t5:

Here a cross that I made with the Golli Haze x Alpine Haze
The plants are on the ground and they already reach more than four meters

35 Likes

wow…
looking full haze dom…
monsters… hope they finish well … they will yield massiv :slight_smile:
thx for sharing

6 Likes

here they come…
best time is coming… they start now to flower and some have already resin on leaf’s …

get hazed’

37 Likes

Do you know if this trait was already shown on the first leaves after sprouting ?

2 Likes

yes… not from begin…
but after cut’s are taken… those cut’s show it also on leafs

5 Likes

Amazing as always mac ! how many days into flowering got the girls in that pictures ?

4 Likes