Me...just doing my thing..👽

Weekly update time!
Things have been going on quite well the last week. Its beginning to get warmer and apparently summer this year is gonna get really hot…be prepared folks!

Starting out with the Gorilla Zkittlez tent.

Below is a Blue Gelato41 clone that’s flowering a week ahead of the rest.

The other 2 Blue Gelato clones

Gorilla Zkittlez clone

Gorilla Zkittlez mother in dwc

So, it’s time for their last defoliation. It sure was a little overcrowded in there, but now it seems better with more airflow. Hopefully it stays manageable until harvest with these ones.

Now, lets look at the other tent which is all Blue Gelato41.
I’ve set up the plant yoyos to stretch out the girls in dwc. I don’t know if it makes much of a difference in the photos, but sure as hell seems way better than just tying the stems down at this stage. The clones sure are bulking up faster.

This is what one of the girls in dwc looks like without spreading her out…:hushed:

And…some finishing photos to end this update.

That’s all from me for now friends. Do stay tuned…this is where the excitement begins in my garden…:wink: see you’ll around next week!
Take care and have rocking weekend everyone!
:green_heart::herb:

12 Likes

Another week…another update…:grin:
Things have been going on well. Really not much to say. Waiting patiently from now on…:eyes:

Starting of with the Gorilla Zkittlez tent

And below is the Blue Gelato41 tent.

I tried covering the lens and uncovered again to quickly capture some photos of this tent without all that glare from the lights above. The plants sure look nicer in the below images.

Before nute change :joy:

And after…

That’s all for this week. Still got many more weeks ahead to even think of harvesting…:sweat_smile:
See you’ll around…
:green_heart::herb:

15 Likes

Your tents are looking fantastic, @iceman !
:+1::grin:

2 Likes

Thank you brother.
Next up is surely your ICC x Biker Slush…:v:t4::herb:
Can wait to try ur magic on those terps…:green_heart:

4 Likes

Another weekly update…
I got stakes and tied the plants to it. The weight of the buds I feel were gonna snap the branches over the coming weeks. Things are looking much better now…:grin:
Below is the Gorilla Zkittlez dwc tent with blue gelato41 clones and a gorilla zkittlez clone in the centre. The smell of gorilla zkittles is mind blowing. Very fuity and pungent. She’s very sticky and I’m sure she’s gonna be an intense hit.

20230414_101208

Now for the Blue Gelato41 tent. I had cut the calmag supplement for the plants in dwc 2 weeks back and they’re beginning to show symptoms of a mild calcium deficiency. Nothing much to worry about I feel and I’ve started supplementing clamag. The symptoms don’t seem to stop but that’s fine. The clones have really bulked up well and I feel they’ve still got maybe 3 weeks or so until harvest. I’m really loving the smell from this tent. The best i could describe would be nice berry (more like strawberry)fused with creamy ice-cream . Very fruity and I can’t wait to see how the cure turns out on this one.

So far, so good.
Hoping things stay positive in the coming weeks.
Take care and we’ll catch up again sometime. :v:t4::herb::grin:

11 Likes

Looking good Bro! i`ll push my thumbs for you that everthing goes like you want it!! :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Thanks a lot bro…:v:t4::herb::green_heart:

1 Like

Very nicely done :+1::+1::+1::+1:

Love the shape
Brother

Nice and clean set up

2 Likes

Thank you so much bro. I’m out of likes for the day…:green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:
I feel I could have done a better job with the training. I guess it’s all about the timing when I pinch and tie down stems. I began tying down stems a little early around week 2-3 after flipping to 12/12 and thereby resulting in a weird formation when the ties are loosened. I now have the stems spread apart using plant yo-yo as the ties are causing lesions on the stems. :blush:

3 Likes

You certainly like to defol : )

2 Likes

Wonderful beings of planet OG!
Happy 4/20 (belated)! Hope you’ll had a rocking time with family and friends with plenty to share. Sadly I ran out if stash and had to smoke cigs…fml. But then hey, I’ve got plenty growing so the future sure does seem brighter (actually greener) the way I see it. :wink:
Also, I’d like to thank all those who had created wiki’s to share their beans. I may have won a few and I’m ever grateful to this community. Hopefully someday, I too can make a substantial contribution in some way. :pray:t3:

Ok, time for my weekly update on the growroom.
Starting off with the Gorilla Zkittlez and Blue Gelato41 clones tent. Hmmm, nothing much to say. They’ve put on quite some weight for sure. The Gorilla Zkittles and her clone, I believe this pheno is a low yielding one. But that doesn’t worry me much cause what she lacks in bulk, she’ll definitely deliver a punch when smoked. (I hope :sweat_smile:). The Blue Gelato41 clone in the corner is slowly maturing as quite a few pistils are retracting and have turned orange. Still has got some time to finish though.

Gorilla zkittlez clone below

Now for the Blue Gelto41 tent. The clones in the front have flowered way beyond my expectations. The one on the right is beginning to foxtail and its looking ugly. Temps have been constant 75f. I think I’ll start to lower the ec and feed them a little less. I’ve cut the grow formula already.
Regarding the plants in dwc, I’m super pissed off with myself for not anticipating such a stretch on the plant in the right. Her colas are bulking up well but that could turn disastrous in the coming weeks. Every time I have to prop open the buckets to pump out and in nutrients, both plants turn out to me a massive mess to sort out again. Some colas are held by plant yoyos and others are tied to each other. If i miscalculate when removing ties, I fear they could topple over. Already happened once in 2017 and I’ve been cautious of it. But as each week passes it’s becoming difficult to manage. I really hope I don’t f*ck this one up…they smell amazing.

The ugly foxtail

So since I ran out of stash and the bottom growth (larfs) were hardly getting much light due to the height of the plants, I decided to remove some or rather most and dry them in the next few days. I doubt they’d be potent but hey…atleast there’s some homegrown to enjoy. But yeah…hardly much and real larfy.

So this is them after all that. Set up to go for the next week…marching towards success.:blush:

Well…that’s all friends from this end of the earth. Hope you’ll have an amazing weekend ahead and hope to catch up with you’ll again next week. :v:t4::herb::blush:

17 Likes

Just caught up on the entire thread and I like what I see (although I ran out of likes) :roll_eyes::rofl:
I’ll definitely be sticking around. Looks like you’re gonna have some donkey dick colas in there :eyes:

1 Like

Thank you for dropping by brother and those kind words. :green_heart::v:t4::herb:
This grow surely has been keeping me excited all the way. :blush:

2 Likes

I’m a little while away from excitement in mine. At least I’ve got stuff up and growing again though :sunglasses:

You’re definitely looking good in here. What kinda of smells you getting from the gelato? I’ve had one pop up today. Removed the little helmet this morning.
Altogether I think I got like 16 of 25 up so far :thinking: multi strain.

1 Like

It looks like you’ve got everything under control @iceman . On the home stretch now! Are you running a little hot? I imagine it’s unavoidable in your clim.
:grin::v::canada:

1 Like

Pls take whatever I say with a pinch of salt. I’m really not good at describing but I’ll do my best nevertheless.
The blue gelato41, has burst of strawberry ice cream with a sharpness of lime. I have 3 phenos out of which the tallest one and her clones smell a lot like that. Lol, that sounds weird already but yeah. Sometimes I feel it’s like vomit. But whatever smells nasty is definitely good. The other two are more berry - strawberry 🫐:strawberry: creamy terps. :v:t4::green_heart::herb:

4 Likes

Yes brother. Until last week I’ve been running the ac rather less…just to keep things cool and rh in check since it’s a sealed room. So average temps would have been fluctuating between 76-86f. It’s during the lights off time I’m not running the ac much. Grower error…:sweat_smile: I do however have a dehumidifier running all the time during the lights off.
But yes…now I’m running it almost 20+ hrs giving small rest periods in between. So average temps are mostly 75f.
There is certainly some new growth occurring. I’ve cut down the grow formula and I’m also wondering whether to begin giving them more drier periods. I’m currently watering them 2 times a day in coco perlite and thinking to let them dry out in the nights. Your thoughts? :blush::v:t4::herb:

4 Likes

Hey Iceman, I’m sorry I did not recognize your handle when you popped in my thread!
Dang old guy syndrome. Those plants are great looking to me!
I do not know if it helps or not, way back when I grew in krusty buckets, part of the medium mix was lava rock.
I’d buy lava rock, for a grill, wash/rinse it out real good.
It’s super porous, got a bit of weight to it, maybe enough to stabilize your perlite buckets, with a couple of inches in the very bottom of the buckets.
Until I got my cycle going, of adding plants to flower, a few weeks apart, is how I kept us in gear, all the time. It also reduces trim jail time, well spreads it out more so.
Lovely thread, and your plants look amazing!! We are all learning, and tweaking our grows, as we go!
All the best to ya!!
webe

1 Like

Thank you brother for dropping by and providing those tips on lava rocks. Will keep that in mind. Is it mainly to provide stability to the plants?
I’ve been doing foliar sprays of silica until 3 weeks into 12/12 and the buds got really dense. Don’t know if silica helped but sure isn’t in keeping those stems from snapping. I’ve used stakes and t seems to do the job pretty well. Every shoot can be conveniently tied to it. :v:t4::blush::herb:

4 Likes

Sounds like your within temp parameters. I thought they looked a bit hot. I use to water once a day when I ran in coco. They do enjoy a little dry back between feedings but your conditions may be different then mine over here on the 45 th parallel.
Not sure how it effects maturation speed. If your lights are on full bast, you may see faster maturation and less fox tailing under a little less PAR. Or it could just be they way they want to be.
:grin::v::canada:

2 Likes