Me...just doing my thing..šŸ‘½

Master stroke and a masterā€™s cut.
Enjoy your eveningā€¦:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Gotta make you up a pigeon of the Italian Beef crosses.

1 Like

Very nice! I love to see DWC growers. Id love to hear your nutrient schedule! Great advice about the lights and stretching. Iā€™ve been having that problem!

1 Like

Hey @AppalachianBiscuits , thanks for dropping by. :grin:
For dwc, I preferred to use Maxibloom alone (5gm/gal) and it used to work like a breeze with the tap water where I lived ('17-'20).
Moved to a new place and the tap water was quite saline, so I had got ro water but had to supplement calcium. In veg Iā€™d get mild calcium deficiency so Iā€™d include gypsum but by mid flowering onwards it gets tricky.
Iā€™m thinking of going back to the humble flora trio along with calmag if I ever run dwc again. I find Coco quite fun to grow (hand watering everyday can be a pitašŸ˜…) and used the formula pasted on the back of the bottlle to keep it simple.
Also, I need to import Maxibloom but a knock-off of the flora trio is available locally for cheap and works quite good.

Calmag always @ 2.5ml/gal (until mid flower, or so, may reduce to 1ml after)
All in ml/gal
G M B
Veg 3 2 1
Transition 2 2 2
Flower 1 2 3

Hope this helps. :slightly_smiling_face::v:t3::herb:

6 Likes

AND SO IT IS.

You and me both, our own plots of land, just like that.

1 Like

Everythingā€™s going according to plan.
Couldnā€™t have been much more happier and grateful to existence for making things fall in placeā€¦:pray:t3::green_heart::herb:
Should be back on track with a grow soonā€¦back with a bang (I hope :sweat_smile:)
Hopes on plan on germinating a few by September 2nd weekā€¦
Love everything about OG!:green_heart::herb::alien:

6 Likes

thats good to heear my friend!! already missing your updates!! so i m looking forward to september!!!

1 Like

Right on brother! Canā€™t wait to see what you have in the pipeline for your next grow!

1 Like

Awesome! Really looking forward to it @iceman

1 Like

Iā€™m doing my best to keep track of everyoneā€™s updates :sweat_smile:. Really enjoying getting stoned and checking out otherā€™s journals/threads while at the same time busy organizing my next scene. :crossed_fingers:t3:
Gonna be dealing with a shit load of smell (3 4x4 tents!) and looking to invest in activated carbon filter this time. :wink::alien::herb:
Creating a separate veg space using T5 LEDs and hope to keep a few mothers as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you everyone for being supportive! :green_heart::pray:t3:
Iā€™ve got quite a lot of beans from many awesome souls here on OG and deciding on what to run next is mostly eating my head. I certainly donā€™t want to disappoint anyone and will find a way to grow out as many as possible. Will tag the senderā€™s for sure!
On a mission to OG! :metal:t3:

5 Likes

yeah keeping everything in view not an easy task!
it`s always fun to watch updates. and there is so much so see. :slight_smile:

ok so there are people who grow without filter? that suprises me by alot. i canĀ“t imagen growing with out a good filter system. we had a 8 hours power out beacause of repairs a while ago . and i have to say i was so nervous!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: first couple of hours no problem but after 8 hours the smell was like a coffee shop in holland. i was so glad when the power cam back.
even though i took a while to filter the whole flat :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

a lot of beans means we Äŗl see alot of bud XD

1 Like

Up until now, Iā€™ve somehow managed to get away with it. Letā€™s say Iā€™ve got a straight face :expressionless: and no one would even think Iā€™d be upto something, let alone grow! :alien: Not willing to risk it anymore.:joy:
It did stink like crazy my last grow and the ones before, but itā€™s time I didnā€™t take things for granted anymore.
The only other thing is the electricity bill. Hope to go solar sometime but need to have my own place for that kind of investment.

:boom::fire::herb::alien::green_heart:

3 Likes

better safe than sorry :smiley: so a filter is a pretty good investment. solar is something my landlord is also looking into. hope that someday it wll come true! or at least befor i m leaving here.
but atm i need to cope with this litlle flat :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So here we are, the room where I hope to cultivate goodness. A little small maybe but could easily fit 3 tents.

And below is the kitchen space which Iā€™ll be using as a veg/cloning station. The opening between the main room and the kitchen space will be separated by a thick curtain.

Now, Iā€™ve light proofed the room with a few boards. That little opening by the sliding window will be covered by a thick curtain and that window will be used once in a while to facilitate ventilation.

Iā€™ve installed a 4" exhaust within the kitchen space. Could have gone for a 6" but this 4" is no joke either. This is to avoid keeping stale air within that spaceā€¦and for sure that stove will be removed! :joy:
The lights are 3 x 36w 6500k T8 (3600 lumens each) totalling 108w for vegging plants. The lights are long! (1.13m) and I could easily fit 10 x 1gal pots under them. Theyā€™ve been hooked to a reaper and set up with a bracketā€¦all diy :joy::v:t3: Still have to wire the lights and supple power.

So far everything seems to be going on well.
I hope to begin setting up the tents by tomorrow and lights/electrical work as well.

Mulling over the idea to start a new threadā€¦but either ways, Iā€™ll just be doing my thing. :alien::herb::v:t3:

7 Likes

Awesome space with plenty of potential @iceman ! Are you able to vent your tents to the outside as well? Do you have a spot for fresh air to come in? Looks like a fairly easy space to set up. Best of luck with it!
:v::canada:

1 Like

Nice question bro! šŸ¤ø

Below is a legend of the above drawing. Itā€™s an aerial view of the room.
A, B and C are 4x4 tents with a 4" fan inside of each exhausting air outside the tents.
1 is the 4" duct coming out above of each tent.
2 is a 4"-6" reducer
3 is 6" duct
4 is 6" wye connector
5 is where the exhausted air from the tents are gonna exit and I hope to place a carbon filter here along with a 6" booster fan to deal with the pressure coming through the ducts of those 3 tents.
6 is where a 4" exhaust fan would be installed to ventilate the veg space outside.
7 is where the ac would be installed in the room.
The [?] was placed as to whether a booster fan would be useful and @NDNCHILD was really helpful on that advice and the choice of lights for veg via DM :slightly_smiling_face::pray:t3:

This was the initial plan, but I may do away with connecting tent ā€˜cā€™ with ā€˜aā€™ and ā€˜bā€™ as I beleive the smell from 1 tent alone should be manageable. It will be exhausted within the grow space itself.

Thereā€™s a sliding window in the room where the tents are. That along with the room door when opened, should draw in fresh air:

It will be covered by a thick curtain and thereā€™s an a/c as well. Mostly a sealed room but importantly the exhaust from tent ā€˜aā€™ and ā€˜bā€™ will be vented out into the veg space and a carbon filter will be installed along with a 6" booster fan.

Thank you for the wishes bro. :slightly_smiling_face::herb:
And most importantly, your beans! Canā€™t wait to germ soon.:wink:
Countdown set to 9th and I hope to stay on schedule.:hourglass_flowing_sand::bomb:

6 Likes

Looking good in there bro! Canā€™t wait to see you back in action! @iceman :fist:t3::facepunch:t3::v:t3: :heart::green_heart: šŸŖ¶šŸŖ¶

1 Like

Good to see youā€™re back in business again! I cant wait to see everything up and running again! 9/9 has been set on the calendar. Good luck buddy!

1 Like

wow my friend seems like your are building a new setup. ! for sure some space you got there!

looking forward to see the build! :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thank you @NDNCHILD , @Habitt and @m0sirys
Love the motivation! :green_heart:

Orders are coming in, which means busy me.:sweat_smile:
Coco bricks and perlite (in the box)

1gal airpots (20pcs):fire:

New ph meter and cleaning/storage solutions (Hannah Instruments)

Tentsā€¦

I think I may have OCD. Spent quite sometime trying to perfect the veg light build so I could increase and decrease the height based on convenienceā€¦came out pretty well I think.
Still needs to be wiredā€¦:joy:

Now back to setting up lights, fans for the tents.

See you later, alligators! :crocodile::laughing:

15 Likes