Med-man brand feedback / data mine

People always tell me my weed is louder than i think it is. I dont smell diesel either, ever. Gas sometimes but its more like nail polish remover or acetone

3 Likes

Dm yiur address and i will send yiu a sampler pack next week

2 Likes

I truly miss some of the loud stuff I used to smell when I was younger. I think it got so crazy polyhybridized these days that there is a bunch of generic stuff going around that is semi-potent. I am definitely looking for those loud buds, and I havent been able to buy it from any big fancy rich seed companies over the years.

3 Likes

100 percent correct. A lot of cardboard terps taking over. It will all smell like catpiss soon, where all lines go when they are bottled and overworked

2 Likes

They warned me in Amsterdam in 2007 that it was going this direction and I found it hard to believe. The weed actually got worse with legalization and more people messing around. The truth is, it was already happening.

1 Like

In 2006 I visited AMS, everything was super silver or skunk of some sorts
The original skunk is cheese, that’s it.
But cheese also has a lot of variety, in 2006 it was the original, super loud no bag can hold this shit weed, not berry, not fruity, not sour, just pure piss skunk foul odor that passes through everything and you cant get enough of
I was there, I know this shit is the most insane cut I ever smelled and probably smoked

2 Likes

When I think about it, there’s even a category I used to put skunk plants in,
5-7 fingers, grows bushy and fast, reeks in veg like no other, generic sweet smelling early flower but changes profile in week 8-9 to foul skunky no filter can stop me kinda smell
That’s RKS to me, but that’s also the cheese, problem is people think the original cheese or super skunk were fruity or berry… Nah… they weren’t.
I remember that after the og strains had their time all these fruit and berry came and took over most of the strains including a lot of cheese claimed clones or strains
When you have the legit RKS / Cheese / Super Skunk
You know, and your plant will look like it aswell
I never seen purple super skunk or cheese so that’s no brainer, I don’t believe cuts that turn purple to be the og, they can share some similarities but that’s it

@medmanbrand I saw a pack of your for sale somewhere, it’s the only one I found… Where are you selling your seeds ?

2 Likes

Interesting conversation here… Not sure about you guys but I’m constantly running new genetics from all kind of breeders. Yeah plenty of modern hybrids with cookies lineage can be monotone but I found tons of really loud interesting phenos around. Of course some of the white label and bag seed grows have produced super pungent unique strains for whatever that’s worth. But yeah it can be disappointing as hell when you have a super Frosty photogenic plant that is just mild terps with medium potency

2 Likes

We smell them pretty much every other day here.I can show you the arlo cam pics of them eating grubs out of my neighbors yard at 4 o clock in the morning and smell the aftermath sometimes when i leave for work early in the morning you dont need to see them to smell them so that answers that, thier just like possums in everyones trash cans.Ny isnt just a giant City we have plenty of farm communities right here with sprawling acerage ever been upstate? to say so is from someone who doesn’t really know and is guessing .i grew up in Eden Ny we have a corn festival every year and are a proud farming community my first jobs were working on Hog and Dairy farms you dont have to be past the mason dixon line to have a rural community I love it when people think all New Yorkers are City Slickers its much far from the truth.The City far precipitated the reputation of the whole state

5 Likes

I would love to see yours pics for fun, that’d be groovy(: My family also farmed hogs a few generations ago, but not cattle.
I didn’t mean to make you feel your whole state is a city or call you a ‘dude’, so sorry for that. I meant to just share two of my thoughts, that:
1 lots of people in city’s never smelled skunks and most people live in cities, and 2, I didn’t know that those animals were so far up north, and I was even surprised that people in the Appalachians knew them too.
I recall that guy Tim Leary guy lived on a farm in NY and I saw pictures of his far-out house and thought the area looked peaceful.
I didn’t know opossums were so far up north either. I’d love to visit and go to the corn festival with you, I just have never had the opportunity to see New York other than from a window in Newark, and I was still awestruck. If I had funds, I’d sure want to visit the stuff outside the city. I’ll dream about it for now, and live vicariously through you.

1 Like

There are two times a year I smell it nearly daily for a couple weeks. Skunk rut or when the babies leave the nest or both. Virginia knows about skunks.

Because you’ve smelled the real critter. You’ve got the skunk bug :skunk:

Know them too well.

If you make a grow log be sure to tag me. I want to see some :skunk:

2 Likes

We get them here in Ontario, Quebec and BC Canada bud. They are Canada’s only marsupial.

3 Likes

All good in the Hood homie aint no harsh in my mellow

2 Likes

Just marsh to the mellow? Lol

1 Like

I’m glad to hear we are buds (: I love growin buds! :slight_smile: My bros here are nicer to me than my bros from my own father, and I learn more from chatting with you than I learn chatting with people I meet face to face on a regular basis. Cheers, fellas

also, to be fair though, I’m shy to meet people, so it’s easier to chat with you here, I guess

3 Likes

Dude, this is almost twelve years ago!

4 Likes

Med-man, if you are sure you got some skunky stuff, why don’t you send some of these amazing testers to a few of these guys here who doubt you to prove you are worth your salt as a breeder?
Some of these guys here reached out to me offering to be my friend and it made me feel loved. Surely the market is big enough so that if you send out a few beans to a few guys here they aren’t going to steal your customers from whatever seed bank you deposit to? I myself bought your beans a decade ago looking for sleep meds for the ADHD fellas. Surely more people will buy your stuff if you got reputable OGs over here vouching for you instead of the opposite?

3 Likes

I can appreciate what you are saying but I’ve been around 32 years

When overgrow 2.0 launched I was personally invited to join

I maybe relatively new to og but not to the sector.

With that being said let’s see some links to your test grows pls :pray:

1 Like

Me, nah, im not a reputable member, I’m just a nobody.

All I’m saying is a little try before you buy wouldn’t hurt if you stick your head back in the game from a ten year hiatus. If you are really interested in what I am growing, though, I can get inspired and want to share:)

I will say that I am interested in everybody’s grow, and I don’t wish ill on you, and hope you grow as a person, along with growing some dank buds that you might share the love with the people around you <3

but look, those dudes that are posting above have lots of grow journals, and lots of other dudes around the forum here do it 100 times bigger and better than I do. Look at Doug’s stuff, CapnCannabis, GreenHighland, all those guys here posting above, if I click on their names, they have lots of pictures of great looking buds, and you know they are growing right now.

I am not the one labeling myself the Lord of Loud. That guy Arjan and his Greeenhouse junk was calling himself the “king of Cannabis” and he had also been around for a few decades, and I grew out 10 packs from him that gave me pure junk, and I never bought anything from them again. and some of these dudes have said some pretty blunt things, like “look on all the other forums, nobody is vouching there either” and “scammer”
I’m not saying I’m on board with them, as I have limited experience from your stuff only growing out a few packs, and I enjoy seeing your pictures and hearing of your travels too. I was just curious if any of these posters here that are reputable would say the same thing now about your gear. I don’t know who this stranger is in the picture vouching for your DNA ten years ago. If these guys here were saying the opposite about your stuff, it would go further for me than someone vouching for themself about 32 years of being in my field of interest.

7 Likes