Medibles don't work for me

The mango thing is sort of a myth. Basically it has a lot of myrcene in it, which will modulate the high. I find strains high in myrcene to be more couch lock. Hops are also high in myrcene. I have always wanted to add hops to my tinctures.

7 Likes

Shit @ReikoX sounds like your going all “Harry Potter” on my ass! Lol I have hops their dry and filled with yellow dust! . Shit I ought to try a hop tincture but itself in the magical butter machine ! Ideas are brewing may that may just work!

4 Likes

Always heard that hops were use to be used in pillows to helps induce sleep should something be similar in an nighttime tincture shouldn’t it?

4 Likes

That was my hope brother. If nothing else you can use the hop extract in a beer. :grin:

5 Likes

Humulus Oil is a CBD oil derived from a strain of the humulus plant, which is a variety of hops, so you may be on to something

5 Likes

Interesting read on the Hop CBD ! I can see it already Now in the near future micros and crafts beers being made with 3%cbd !

3 Likes

It’s FINAL! I’m growing pot on my front porch right underneath my hop plants and letting them pollinate each other! Lol

1 Like

I am an absolute pussy when it comes to edibles. Anything over 5mg throws me into an absolute fit of paranoia and anexity. For me its all about hitting that sweet spot. I feel edibles can be way more effective at treating chronic pain than flower, especially paired with cbd. Everyones body is different though. One of my main dude literally eats edibles all day, every day and they just mellow him out, but if he smokes too much, the anexity and paranoia hit him big time

3 Likes

Hey brother how are you?

1 Like

She drinks the milk right before she eats a edible

I’m great glad to see you made it over to OG

Well, I am happy to report, that with everyone’s help here I was able to come up with a recipe that did manage to affect me, though I must say the high it isn’t as profound as I remember it being, but I am used to absoluetly nothing from eating medibles, so anything is good.

Here is the recipe: I call them Monkeyman’s Quadruple Whammy Cookies. I made some green dragon according to @ReikoX’s great instructions, and with that I made some cannasugar. I also made some butter the old fashioned way - I took a pound of unsalted butter and put it in a double-boiler setup and added some water and then packed it with as much finely ground and decarbed (and frozen for 24 hours) trim that I could pack in to the butter and water mixture, and I double-boiled it for 40 minutes, and then extracted the butter and water by straining the concoction, and squeezing it out, and letting it setup in the fridge and I ended up with 3/4 of a pound of very green cannabutter. I then took 2 boxes of Krusteaz double chocolate chip cookie mix, and I added some nutmeg, cinnamon, shredded coconut, cocoa powder, extra flour, and 3 tablespoons of green dragon mixture, and 4 tablespoons of cannasugar, and some MCT coconut oil that I had infused with decarbed for 40 min at 240 degrees (and then frozen for 24 hours) trim also and all of the cannabutter I had made. I added enough flour along with the eggs to make the right consistency, and then I rolled out 6 dozen cookies, and pressed them with a fork, like you would peanut butter cookies. I then cooked them for 80 minutes at 240 degrees (instead of 375 degrees for 20 minutes), and let them cool. I ate 3 of the broken ones and I got pleasantly high. I gave a small one to a friend of mine and he said he got too high, so I know I am on to something lol.

12 Likes

Damn that sounds good! Thanks for sharing the process! I’d thinkable 1/4 cookie would probably do me in! How long was the trip?

3 Likes

I ate the cookies at around 3 or 4 and I was good until bedtime, when I ate another one, and slept like a baby.

2 Likes

Was it a 1-2 cookie dose along with a milk shooter? Lol

2 Likes

:cookie:

I’ve found the cookies come out much better with about 25% regular butter & 75% special :mage: magic butter. :relieved:

Less crumbly & whatnot. Taste better IMO too.

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

I forgot to mention what may have been one of the most important ingredients: I added one tablespoon of sunflower lecithin for each stick of butter, so to the above recipe I added 3 tablespoons of sunflower lecithin. I got the idea when looking at the magic butter maker site, they sell a thing they call “Magical Sunflower Lecithin” and they claim that it helps bind herb butter and oil extractions and that it aids in emulsifying fats, so they can be more evenly dispersed in the recipe. Their instructions say to add 1 tablespoon/capful per cup of butter or oil.

After a quick google search I also found this article that says you will have an “easier time digesting the bound ingredients and will be able to access and digest THC and other cannabinoids more easily”:

I also did a bit more reading and found this info:

“lecithin improves bioavailability which is the degree and rate that the body can absorb and process the cannabinoids. You receive more medicinal benefits from the cannabinoids without increasing the amount of cannabis you use. Lecithin minimizes the long-acting effect edibles have by allowing a faster absorption. More THC will be metabolized by the body, making the psychotropic effects more intense. If you are interested in a more prolonged and gradual experience, do not use lecithin.”

10 Likes

This is what I was going to mention. MCT oil is how I’ve helped my friends who can’t get high off edibles. Now they ask me to make them some when they want an edible. Try out guar gum as well. Xanthan gum only if you have an immersion blender. They’ll help with the extra oil needed to make it available for those with digestion issues. At least in my experience. I used them like guinea pigs to get my recipe nailed down. My father is someone who’s a prideful person and he now only gets edibles from me as the dispensary shit doesn’t work for him. I tell everyone who tries my edibles to try it without smoking first.

Lemon balm I would 100% recommend adding to your edibles. It really makes the world of difference in effects.

From what I can tell it’s giving me negative tolerance to weed lately. IDK if lemon balm helps with endocannabinoid function, but it’s definitely helping me to need less weed to get high. In edibles especially it’s now a permanent part of my recipes.

7 Likes

very interesting, do you use the leaf or an extract? how much do you add to a recipe?

1 Like

Your recipe is nearly what I do. The infusion of the sugar helps bring the cannabinoids to your liver as well. Just like alcohol sugar prefers to pass through the liver. MCT oil also prefers the liver route. Lecithin also has a liver processing preference.

I had been experimenting with ways to incorporate more oil/butter into my recipes as well and I landed on guar gum and xanthan gum.

Guar gum is an emulsifier and stabilizer. Xanthan gum is a stabilizer, but it can emulsify oil and water together technically within it’s structure when it gels up.

Guar gum also adds a dairy like mouth feel and flavor to the recipe when whipped.

1 Like