Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

I think I’ll add sour diesel to my list of future grows now :laughing: I love stinky weed strains. The pure ak I grew last year stank the entire house out if I kept the tent open for too long :v:

4 Likes

I seem to only smell skunk and fuel smells while they grow. I can’t really pick up fruits until I am drying them for some reason. Probably just my sniffer, but that Cherry Berry White has strong skunky smell. Weird cuz it’s crossed with 2 stinky berry strains right? At least it does now in veg.

Wait…I take that back, I can always smell citrus when any of sparkles seeds are budding… It’s very distinctive.

4 Likes

I’ve got the strawberry diesels out there. Wonder how stinky they will get? I can already tell they are gonna take a long time to finish. These are the most Sativa dominant strains I’ve ever grown. The leaves are so skinny and they are growing slowly compared to the rest. It’s gonna be super interesting watching them grow to fruition.

4 Likes

@ReikoX kindly sent me another pack of his autos. I put 4 in to germ today and have safely secured the rest this time, so my housekeeper doesn’t throw them out. You guys ever wonder how many seeds you’ve lost from dropping them and stuff? I can honestly say that I’ve probably lost at least 5 seeds this season just dropping them plus the 5 the maid threw out. Ugh! Wish they were as big as my birdhouse gourd seeds were. They were like the size of cheezits and square to boot. Would be hard to lose them then. lol

I think this succession auto planting is working out although Dad had to hit the dispensary once. Not gonna be much curing time on them however as I gave Dad a whole blue dream auto, Most of the Jamaican Haze (saved some for my man, he’s gonna want to try it) and part of my weird Dark Devil mutant today. These are about 2 days from being dry, he has to jar them himself. Should get him through until the 3 budding now are done. Dad said he ordered some boveda pack type things for curing which should show up tmw or Tues. I’ll let him play with them on these fresh buds and see how they work out as I have not got the curing thing right yet. Obviously I need help, hope these are the ticket. We also decided that we are gonna by one of those bowl bud trimmers before harvest as we both hate trimming. Been watching a bunch of videos on them. They have the hand crank thing on the top. Anyone use one of these?

9 Likes

I’ve lost so many seeds over the years due to mishandling :weary: i lost 5 blue ice auto seeds cuz i fell asleep with the vial on the bed… No idea where they wound up :sob: But as far as smell goes it should start around leaf set 3 or 4 in early veg and only gets more intense. It’s part of the plants natural defense I’ve been told. Makes sense to me tho. If i was a hungry rabbit or deer id probably go for leaves that didn’t smell like a skunk :rofl: it also has an effect on bugs I’m told but mine always get eaten somewhat regardless

4 Likes

@Mongobongo just got one for fathers day. Looked pretty cool n did a good job

4 Likes

That’s rocken good news! I’m lazy af when it comes to trimming!

3 Likes

Been 5 days since last pics. You tell me if they look bigger and badder The girls…
Autos
CO Cookies

Candy Dawg

FAM 1 of 3

Dark spark, easy d

14 Likes

Females

Kushage

Botafumeiros

Og skunk

Holy Punch

Strawberry Diesel

Good Shit

Jungle Spice

Dragons Blood Hashplant

Cherry Berry White

Charlottes angel cbd

22 Likes

Yes they’ve all grown. :mag: :straight_ruler: :thumbsup:

Probably time for staking on the bigger ones & topping the stretchier ones with sparser nodes.

:persevere: 3-4 months to go!

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Which ones? The strawberry diesels? They are only like 2 feet or so right now

Plants that have already been topped are:
Cherry Berry White
DBHP
JS
Kushage
Holy Punch

Should I do the
Botafumeiros and OG Skunk?

I’m not gonna mess with The Good Shit since it’s already like a V shape

5 Likes

Meesch,
Are you growing them all in pots, or some directly in the ground? The Dragon’s Blood and Charlottes Angel look great.

2 Likes

All of the photo periods are in the ground except the Charlottes Angel and most of the Autos.
The concrete planters only have concrete around the perimeters, the roots can grow as deep as they want.
A few are in my veggie patch as well

2 Likes

OOH You Guys! I looked back 5 days noticed the Botafumeiros and the OG skunk were still a ways below the garage windows now they are at the windows. That’s probably a good 6 to 8 inches. WOW!

5 Likes

I wish I could grow outside. Have a great place in the backyard, right along the house, that gets the morning sun, but not “allowed” to and I have the Vector people pop in to put mosquito fish in what remains of the pool (too damned expensive to run it and even more to break it down). So I have to stick with pots on a dolly, to hide them when they show up.

4 Likes

I’m fortunate and extremely grateful for it. Although everything has it’s price. In my case, it’s HUGE yard and tiny itty bitty house. Built in 1948, I have coat closets in the bedrooms. Tragic for a Woman! I have 2 dressers though. lol

3 Likes

Same here, built in 1952 or so. The city will “tolerate” indoor, but outdoor is a no no. I could get away with it if it wasn’t for Vector Control. Even though they are “county” I don’t know whether they would rat me out to the city. C’est la Vie!

4 Likes

You have time to top her again a couple more times…promote some bushiness - like the hydra, 1 becomes 2. If it pans out the pink buds could be like a small lilac hedge when it blooms… could probably do it with all the photos cutting them back a node or 2 :wink:

4 Likes

Well hmm.

I’d stake every plant, giving support to at least the main stalk. When they get loaded with flower & weight it’d be fun to find one laying on the ground. :wink:

You’ll still probably end up giving support to some branches I think.

I’m wondering if next year I’ll have a trellis or double cage(mendo-dope style?). :thinking:

Another reason to act early is root disturbances during flower can cause problems, so I’ve heard.

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Pink kush dude…20 characters…long…

1 Like