Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

Just cut out small sections of wire to make bigger hole s couple snipes with some wire cutters

2 Likes

I mentioned that to Dad and he said absolutely not, instead of ER spider bite phone calls, Iā€™ll get cut off fingers or limbsā€¦ Heā€™s probably right, I seem to have bad luck like that. lol

1 Like

Best pic I could findā€¦

Just Google DIY SCROG screen

3 Likes

They make prefab nylon netting like like in 6-8 ā€œ opening you used for support over the top just zip tie them to your corners if Iā€™m following you correctly

4 Likes

Thanks! @StillSmoking

So like this above, but about 30" square and on rebar legs. Stronger string for outdoors of course! This we could do super cheap!

1 Like

I use reinforcement mesh for concrete. Can also leave them open bw two postsā€¦I usually leave a hole on the south side with some shorter cafes. I tip the plant to the north about 45 degrees before placing.the cage also. One other thing be real careful with the cut pieces of wire. I bend then into a loop. Just my way @Meesh. Maybe try couple ways. I think the netting would also work great!!

4 Likes

Itā€™s not too sharp? Doesnā€™t cut into the branches?

1 Like

My hydro shop sells it in 100 foot rolls. I got 3ā€ squares first but like the larger mesh much better for my setup.

2 Likes

Do they sell it thicker than the normal net, like I wrapped my plants in this year?

1 Like

Yeah you canā€™t even put your hand in 3". I was annoyed by that on my chicken wire cages this year.

2 Likes

Nope I also use the green plastic tape to tie them where I want them to go. As it grows start weaving them in layers through the squares. Every branch grows lots of tops.

4 Likes

Thereā€™s a poultry netting my friend uses but shit u had is pretty damn tough.

1 Like

You get my drift exactly. I will mention all these suggestions and alternatives to Dad. He is the builder!

3 Likes

I donā€™t think so but that stuff wonā€™t break itā€™s stronger than hell! Iv had the same net for 5+ years still as strong as the first day I strung it up Iā€™d bet it could hold up large pumpkins with it , the mason line I use has something like 150-200 lb capacity or something crazy like that.

4 Likes

Iā€™d bet you could string up a nice hammock with trellis netting !

2 Likes

Just a note on the supports. I want something that will last for years and in the cheapest and easiest possible way. Dad doesnā€™t hurt for money, but Iā€™m a cheap bitch. :joy:

3 Likes

Maybe something like Kaligrownbudz ? Youā€™ve seen his setup right?

2 Likes

Yeah, but his were caged around the bottom if I recallā€¦ and he was growing kind of xmas tree style. I want just all choice colas on my plants. Trimming all the small shit is a pain in the ass! lol Iā€™m trying the pruning method, in the video you sent me, next year. Without the snapping stuff part. :laughing: Itā€™s gonna take me awhile to get that far.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s true. for 20 :+1:

1 Like

Nah, has to be strong enough for two people, maybe even 3 if you have a dog! :smile:

3 Likes