Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

I think he’s using a double cage system 2 close to the plant then a third outside elevated netted box … these don’t look like Xmas trees to me ! Lol

8 Likes

Yea I don’t want to come across like I invented the cage method. Lol I watched Mendo Dope and guys in Colorado doing it and just adapted it to my system. I found one roll of fence in neighbors swamp and scavenged leftover cement reinforce from work. I’m even cheaper bitch @Meesh😀. It’s 34 out n dropping and I’m just back in from throwing plastic over the lady’s…also recycled the plastic from work!

6 Likes

Half the battle is estimating how far they’ll grow in the stretch to where you put that 3 rd system of netting to where they’ll grow into it at the end of stretch … this guy looks to be growing bushes as big as MENDO

4 Likes

Yes I’ve had to remount the fence on the posts when stretch wasn’t what I thought. Awesome video!! @Meesh backyard next year😀

3 Likes

Ya it’s just nuts what his plants are like and there only 45 gallon pots he’s changing everthing out with different pots this year a square type pvc lined raised bed of sort. Can’t wait to see his 2020 grow!

3 Likes

Outa likes plus 20!!

2 Likes

He has a similar method from the one I’m gonna attempt on top of one of his plants with pvc. Looks like he’s using bamboo stakes. I can’t find them that long here! They won’t last that long either, Too cheap to buy them again. lol

1 Like

Ha!! My kind of people! :fist::laughing:

1 Like

Soitently. :smile:

I’d say…wait I DO say: Decide what size you want them to be first then look for examples of commercial growers doing the same or similar & copy them. Commercial growers don’t waste time/$.

The last look I had at the MendoDope kids stuff had a T-post with an incomplete circle of 2x4" mesh/welded wire with about a shoulder-width gap for plant access. Hmm. Maybe it was their friend’s garden…

An old hippie mentioned using chain-link fence to me once…

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

i think cages are definitely the way to start. that 1st foundation cage for sure. also ive found it better using a higher foundation cage over the shorter ones. 1.8m is a good size… that way it holds that centre up all the way through flower. Outer cages are a good way to keep your side branches secured depending on how you decide to grow them but, either bushes or xmas trees, outer caging is the way to go. You can go for a bigger diameter spacing on fence holes so you can easily get in and amongst things. you can also cut different size holes as you need them. fencing also gives you a good frame for if you want to trellis the top. Many ways to support things … thats just what ive found best for big plants.

6 Likes

Some you win some you lose.
Botryotis once you see it you know it’s been infectious for a while as it starts from inside.
Right at the end of my guerilla growing found a product bud rot stop.
Can’t get no more but similar products out there.
Really stopped it with a scorched earth thing. Mushy buds got about half inch of black then other side of black buds dry and fine again

3 Likes

So, one of the strawberry diesels split on only one main stem at the point where it forked off from being topped. This part of the main stem was too damaged and did not recover as it was not a clean break and was twisted up. But, what that means is I only lost 1/4 of that plant so far. The other part of the main stem is fine and the other 3/4 of the plant will live. The 2nd diesel seems to be repairing itself and as of now hasn’t skipped a beat despite the vice grips holding it together. There is still hope after all.

Finally got to test a few small pieces of Charlotte… It does in fact give you head high, but it is mellow and more of a floating feeling. Seemed to ease my aches and pains pretty nicely. She tasted really good too. Skunky, earthy flavor. I’ll give a better smoke report later.

Washed and trimmed half of the Holy Punch today. She had all fat big nugs, no bud rot and only had to throw out 2 tiny pieces with caterpillar shit on it. Super stoked! Even the half of her we pulled down will fill probably fill one of my 3 gallon buckets. Really nice yield and structure on her. We’ll get the rest of her down on Sunday. Sometime next week, depending on my work schedule, the Botafumeiros will come down too.

7 Likes

That Holy Punch seems like she should get another round next year then.

Is she an easy one to trim? that would be a bonus.

4 Likes

Nice to hear that the diesels are still kicking. Weed is amazing in how well it recovers from injury and heals itself very easily. Bend it and it just grows different. It really doesn’t care most times. Pretty cool.

3 Likes

@Pedro_Bann I’m hoping I like the high on the Holy Punch, never tried any of her early. Despite her heavy fade, she was a leafy bitch, but all big buds so easier to trim… Gotta say though after trimming Charlotte, don’t think any plant will measure up with as much trimming ease. I have 4 seeds of this strain left. This was one that I won on a Vault contest. So far, a really nice plant that smells of fruit. Dad says juicy fruit gum.

@GMan when it first happened I really didn’t think we could fix them and honestly I didn’t even want to try. Good thing Dad was determined and wanted to try for learning experience sake, because as of now we have saved 1 and 3/4 of the 2 plants and the splits were both on the main stems. Plants are amazing in their will to live and quickly adapt, that’s for sure.

5 Likes

I forgot to mention after we splinted the stem, we sealed it with blackstrap molasses cuz I didn’t have anything else to use like honey or cloning gel. It worked great and didn’t attract any bugs. Who knew?

When it comes to Charlotte, she was another of my container grows. Right now (practically wet and not cured yet) I am having the same problem with flavor as I have in all my container grows. It tastes great smoking off the top, but the taste ends there. Just finishes like tobacco or ash flavor. I have yet to have this in any of my plants directly in the ground. All of them so far have a strong flavor through the entire bowl while smoking. I mixed it up and tried both organics and chemicals in my container grows to end up with the same effect. The only thing left for me to try now is using straight ProMix as my medium instead of soil. Maybe that will give me the flavor I want.

5 Likes

Hey @cannabissequoia how is your washed bud ruined? All of mine came out perfect and unchanged. What happened to it? Did you wash it right after you cut it off the plant or after you trimmed it? Mine was directly off the plant, leaves and all.

2 Likes

@Meesh it will only be sharp where you cut additional boxes out of the bar but honestly just use a lighter gauge rebar mesh or hit it quick with a hand grinder

1 Like

At what height of growth do you usually start the first cage? and this one is really close to the main stem, correct?

Are you saying that even if we made the scrog/trellis on legs thing, we will still need an outer cage to support branches?

I put it on pretty much same time as I transplant into the ground.

If you’re trellising the sides then not necessary to cage around, but still find cages easier to work with

2 Likes