Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

where is the picture of the snowman you built?

4 Likes

Yep. :joy:

:evergreen_tree: (:cactus:) Ss S s S N O W? Is that Chernobyl? Fallout?

4 Likes

Dang nothing here in the front range that looks like a good 8-10 ā€œ last nights football game was cold as F!

4 Likes

My butt was inside the house sticking my head out of the door, lol.

16Āŗ this morning. 51Āŗ laterā€¦ snow and cold again the next 3 days and cold againā€¦ so much for my Indian summer I was hoping for.

6 Likes

Waiting on dad. Taking down the botafumeiros today. Well at least half of it. Effing 90 degrees again

4 Likes

Botafumeiros trim day. This one smells divine

20 Likes

The Botafumeiros buds were incredibly meaty. You know how the bud stacks between nodes and then the colas basically grow in together and of course denser forming the cola? Well this plants buds got so fat that on some of the colas, like the 2nd and 3 node buds seemed to run out of space and bulged out like muscles or if you crammed fat into tight jeans and it spills over the top. This plant had a huge yield of all very large buds. Very pleased.

Iā€™ve mentioned to you guys that Iā€™m allergic to the leaves on this plant. Well Dad had a constant runny nose while trimming this one. As soon as he would step away he was fine and Glen was sneezing. Wondering what terpene this particular plant has thatā€™s so irritating to the senses. Itā€™s completely fine when itā€™s smoked, but wet and alive this is a rough one.

12 Likes

:wink:

ā€¦way back whenā€¦ my first grower friend told me in a pitiful & sniffling, sneezing, sinusey voice, ā€œDUUUUde I think Iā€™m allergic to weed!..ā€ :cry:

:laughing: oh man it was too poetic to see Mr Weed suddenly wearing gloves & a mask to trim :joy: his buds.

Didnā€™t slow him down though. Last visit years ago I walked into a 2-story 2500+ sq ft place full of drying weed. Couldnā€™t even walk around. Only the bathroom was free of drying weed.

:notes: memoriesā€¦

:evergreen_tree:

8 Likes

Trimmed the dry buds from the broken branch of DBHP. Had to test it of course. The taste is phenomenal, like cherry lemon heads. Sour Citrusy and Sweet. Divine actually. Prematurely, it is incredibly racy and entirely cerebral. Feeling nauseous for some reason tonight and unfortunately the DBHP doesnā€™t work well for that. Iā€™m kind of shaky from it. Not loving the high exactly, but donā€™t completely hate it. The taste will make me come back for more, but the high probably wonā€™t. I will revisit once I harvest and cure the ripe plant. As far as the ounce and a half I got from the premature branch, itā€™s probably going to Dad and my man to see what they think.

If you grew some out already, what did you think of the high and taste? Curious.

10 Likes

glad to see you are on here and not in the fire zoneā€¦

3 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™m pretty close to the ocean and away from most fire zones.

1 Like

So, an hour later, the high has grown on me. The shaky and raciness is gone of the DBHP. I found myself reaching for the bowl again, thatā€™s a good sign. :joy: I know, Iā€™m a fkn weirdo. Canā€™t get over the taste, itā€™s SOOOO good! Itā€™s so sour itā€™s almost diesel like, but fruity and lemony all at the same time. Yum! So glad we preserved this strain. It should be a staple on taste alone.

11 Likes

This is what the Luckyā€™s did for me and sometimes smoking, its like an expectorant though its hit/missā€¦ for me, I am chalking it up to bodily changes as I progress into old(er) age. For example, onionsā€¦I could eat them raw like an apple or pear when I was young though somewhere in my mid 30ā€™s they started to get me gassy and now well in my early 40ā€™s, its like a firey gas like tobasco sauce or jalapenoā€™sā€¦do I really want to go there? Sometimes :stuck_out_tongue:

Where there is a will, there is a way :wink:

The f1ā€™s were more musky like mushrooms with notes of sweet though refreshing like a citrus cucumber spritzer Now the f2ā€™s, a couple were like you describeā€¦1 like the mom and 1 I really couldnā€™t put my finger on. The high for me, is mostly body tinglyā€¦Smoking the buds, almost racy especially if I am feeling overwhelmed then settles into mild cerebral at ease feeling where I can stretch out and almost take a nap though totally able to take care of business when needed. Capsules/edibles on the other hand, keeps me soaring ā€¦a nice venturing high with no real high or low though this is just my experience with it so far

7 Likes

I am super stoked I got the citrusy one. Itā€™s really phenomenal. Sort of a long racy period, but my trich are clear on this branch. Hoping that it mellows quicker once itā€™s ripe. Maybe Iā€™ll get the body tingly as well. Thanks for sharing your experience. Thinking mine is similar especially once sheā€™s done.

Have you grown out your Botafumeiros yet? Also, out of curiosity, is the Lucky heavy on the Pine?

7 Likes

Maybeā€¦ .the markers are there for it though everyone is different and often mind frame has alot to do with the experience
ā€¦

Noā€¦I was going to do a bud run about now with Oni though got really behind going through my funk of all my changes and told him to go ahead without meā€¦I laid the foundation and following along with the Audry thread, I feel its going so well that I can put it on the backburnerā€¦I will just not this year though man, can it produce? uh yup! :stuck_out_tongue:

No, sweet tasting though definitely something that doesnā€™t agree with me

6 Likes

If youā€™ve been here the whole time, you may remember one of the autos I grew by @ReikoX, one I called the rose as it was pink and smelled like roses. Well, I opened the fully cured jar today and am puffing on it. Let me just say that if the Renaissance period had a smell and flavor it would be this bud. Tastes of rose potpourri, incense and a musty flavor like a used book store. Smells like heaven! I didnā€™t share any of this one and it fit in one jar. Itā€™s been in my elite collection and I had forgotten about it for awhile. We finished trimming the Botafumeiros rather early today and Iā€™m just lazy and tired and wanted to puff on a sleepy indica today. My Reiko auto stash is my go to for that. Low and behold back behind like 8 jars of bud, I found The Rose! I was blown back when I opened the jar. Damn it smells pretty, if I didnā€™t know it was a smokeable plant, if I blindly smelled it, it would never occur to me to smoke it. More like put it in a vase like a flower. lol Itā€™s mellowing me quite nicely. The rest of my Sunday will be happily spent lazing around like mush. :relaxed:

15 Likes

That sounds amazing. Have never come across a rose smell in a plant yet, itā€™s one of my favorite scents. Lilac would be incredible too. There really is no end to weed variety, is there?

5 Likes

I have been blown away by the variety of smells and the terp profiles of all the different genetics available today. For a child of the '70ā€™s itā€™s almost Nirvana

The difference in affects among the strains and advancements in shipping and technology leaves us a spectrum of choices unseen in any previous age. It is the blessing and the curse of modern times that money can buy almost anything you want these days.

At least here for good genetics money isnā€™t actually a requirement.

9 Likes

Yes itā€™s really quite amazing. Itā€™s even crazier to think that all this variety was squeezed out of a handful of original landraces. As far as potency and effects, do you prefer the weed today or the stuff from the 70s?

Iā€™m starting to join the ā€˜weed is too strong nowā€™ club. I donā€™t need 46% THC for breakfast lol, I want a more well rounded experience than just getting blasted! @Meesh , I believe youā€™re of the same mindset too?

9 Likes

I think anything over about 18-20+% with good flavor is fine. Higher is okay if some cbd is in. Depends what you are dealing with. I have enjoyed some that tested 27% I liked GMO which is supposed to be way up there. But flavor is important to me too. As is how smooth it is.

Some strains are harsh and some grow methods can make this worse I gather.

Old 70ā€™s smoke? prefer it? not! it might be nice to have a bit for nostalgia and to remember the tasteā€¦would be good to find out if it had the same affect on me. I would have to smoke it to say for sure. :smirk:

4 Likes