Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

Plans have changed. My tent will be 100% Romulan starting in January some time. So “The Pure” (Skunk) will have to wait till after that, which means it might end up in my garden.

I need to convince one (or more) of my friends to start growing so I can run more strains at one time!

10 Likes

:grin: Don’t we all? Whenever my attempt fails at conversion I’m always baffled. It’s that prohibition mentality. That, & they don’t gobble through weed like me. :thinking:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Thing is, it is legal here now - so I just don’t get it. Why keep buying something that you can easily grow yourself. I don’t think they believe me when I say how easy it is. I sometimes hear about people (who I don’t know) failing at growing weed and giving up. I honestly have trouble believing that.

On the other hand, I have recently considered starting a side business; “Home Grow Consultant”. Educate them on the basics, help them select and purchase gear, help them get set up for their first grow, provide support during all stages, etc.

I think this might be an untapped market, and it sure would be fun as fuck.

9 Likes

Some people can’t even grow weeds, the invasive kind. I suppose it’s just how you were raised or something, but I was always attracted to nature. But, I have friends that will kill anything put in front of them. Most people just don’t want to put the daily maintenance into it.

I’m just the opposite. After I moved here, and got my first grow harvested, I haven’t been to the dispensaries since. Maybe a time or two just to grab a sample, but that’s it in 2 1/2 years. And, we have 30+ I think, heh.

7 Likes

One of my “decliners” arguably has more money than time & get’s a basic pass but not truly. He grew once & was unhappy with the work req’d & his shabby outdoor results(PM, budrot, 10’ from a creek in the bottom of a forested valley :rolling_eyes:). He also never did any manual work with commitment to results or pride so there’s the real :gear: crux.

:crown: Let them smoke mids!

:evergreen_tree:

8 Likes

When they passed recreational weed here, it only took me 3 times at the dispensary paying the 30% tax before I chose to grow my own. I came home from the dispensary incensed by the exorbitant prices. I remember ranting on Facebook about it and someone said “grow your own”. I remember saying to myself… goddamnit I will. Well, you see me now

10 Likes

This is the worst flu I’ve had in my life. Still sick and miserable. It’s been like 10 days

3 Likes

I liked this but I don’t like it.

If you have the time and energy, make yourself up some real bone broth and then put together a good, hearty soup. This fixes me right up every time.

6 Likes

I actually have some organic bone broth in the freezer. You’re right I should pull it out. I’ll heat it up and drink it straight if I have to. Still have to do the last of the dishes from the feast last night and clean the kitchen. I’m still sitting here trying to gather the energy to shower let alone clean that mess. Apparently, this ugly mess of a flu has been on the news. Ugh! Lucky me. I still feel like I’ve been hit by a train and 10 days later no less.

5 Likes

Normally I just feel a bit lousy for about 2 weeks and then am fine for the entire season. This is the only time I can remember that I was “down for the count” for a day or two. Last time I had that happen was the day after taking a flu shot, 4 years in a row, and I still got my longer “sick” period. I stopped taking the shot and have had my normal “cycle” ever since. I just think this time was the constant in and out while smoking my turkey (couldn’t get it up to temp - damn I miss my old smoker) so I went well into the night.

4 Likes

I had one like that a few years back. Come to think of it, that was the last one I had. Didn’t quite last that long because I was hammering the soup and “ColdFX”, and at one point I just said “fuck this”, drank a big dose of whiskey and then went outside and chopped wood until I was sweating like a pig (this was in the middle of January). I find sometimes its like I have to just push through that “wall” and then my body reacts and says “oh ya, I should start doing my fucking job”.

3 Likes

This flu is just not progressing. Usually you get the usual head congestion, then it runs and starts to come out. I am still completely clogged up. So congested that I can’t hear, when I blow my nose my ears pop. Barely have a cough, so it’s not breaking up there and my body just hurts and I’m exhausted. I feel like I’m still on day 2 and not day 10. It’s brutal.

I didn’t chop wood or anything, but I hustled yesterday and cooked the whole Thanksgiving feast. Just feel worse today. I’m so fucking exhausted and for no reason, I slept like 14 hours last night. Could go right back to bed right now too, easily

2 Likes

That sounds pretty miserable. Good that it isn’t in your lungs.

1 Like

Not yet, I am keeping vigilant though. I am prone to Bronchitis and I certainly don’t want pneumonia. I still don’t feel like I need a doctor yet though. They can’t do shit at this point anyway, but I’m paying attention, should I need to.

Oversleeping can deplete you of iron, which makes you feel tired. Its a downward spiral. Eat some iron-rich food or go ahead and take an iron supplement if you have any. I mean, you are tired from fighting the virus, but depleted iron isn’t going to help.

4 Likes

Another reason why I am trying to get up and get moving. I’ve been eating brussel sprouts but I have iron vitamins as well.

2 Likes

It’s unfortunate that there is nobody around to take care of you. Sounds to me like you’ve done your part for others.

1 Like

My man was here the last 2 days. He’s been checking on me. What’s really crazy is that I have broken out like a teenager as well. I am a walking toxin. It’s trying to come out anyway it can, to very little avail

2 Likes

I’m gonna go steam in the shower now and try to get moving a bit

3 Likes