Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

I’ve lived all over Torrance. That’s where I am the South Bay. A few cities over. I was in Torrance yesterday. lol

5 Likes

always a good time reading your adventures !!

7 Likes

My grower friend in the desert gave me a Cheese fem seed. Another for next year’s Old Skool garden. :grin: She also gave me some she grew out. It’s tasty. Like fruit and aged cheese.

I know, I’m silly. ya’ll over here growing shit with Coma in the name and I’m over here excited about some old cheese strain that’s a dime a dozen in a gift with purchase. Hahahaha! Got me some skunk and granddaddy purp coming my way too. Do I have all my old bases covered? What was the og kush? Bubba?

10 Likes

15 Likes

I’d say you need some Maui Wowie, Panama Red (or Acapulco Gold), White Widow, Romulan, Northern Lights…

4 Likes

Do not fall into the SilverSurfer trap. It does not need to be Zookie, or Cookie, or Gelato to be fire!!
There was fire before all these “killer” new gotta have strains hit…there will still be fire after they are gone and forgotten.

How long has Skunk #1 or AK47 or A good Haze been around, we still want them. A few years from now, will we remember Zookies…me thinks NOT!!!

11 Likes

Could not agree more… and probably 20 more without counting.

9 Likes

I know I shall not remember a plant that produces buds the size of nickels, no matter how much flash was used in taking it’s picture!!! LMAO.

7 Likes

I recently turned on some Disney streaming thing at my sisters’ & was floored when it said 'May contain outdated views" for Fantasia (1940), and for Ferdinand the Bull it warned of “Depictions of Tobacco use” :astonished:

%^&($%^&*(

Why aren’t there more warnings, like 'Your kid is doomed by your incompetence as a parent" ??

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

Well, I have some Maui Wowie but its the cross with SSDD. I’ve already decided that I’m gonna run the SSDD since mine went male last year, kinda want to try the pure strain first. Probably do the cross in 2021. lol

I’ve been thinking about Northern Lights, maybe Ill grab a 3 pack of fem seeds. Anyone have a suggestion for the best breeder for this one?

I have some Jack Herrer fems, that’s pretty old skool. I’m not a fan, but my man is.

As for the Romulan, white widow and panama red, Good choices. I believe the panama red was an anxiety strain for me, but its been a long time. As for the other two, I’m gonna write them on my list of possibilities if I come across some.

7 Likes

Next year I am growing in my veggie patch, where Dad and I measured it out and I can grow 9 monster plants in there. I’m planning to also grow 3 or 4 Indica’s for Dad in 10 gallon containers. So far I have already decided for sure that SSDD and Cookies Kush will be container grows due to compact size… Haven’t decided the rest yet. I need to double check the GDP again to see how tall it gets, it may be more suited to container as well. 1 container will be a free bruce banger fem seed that is going to be my experiment plant. I’m gonna use it to better learn pruning techniques and try some supercropping and whatever else I decide to torture it with.

For the 9 in the veggie plot so far for sure…

1. UFS
  2. Cheese
  3. Blue DreamxCookies Kush
  4. @SamwellBB mystery choice tbd (I’m letting him choose his fave monster he wants to see grown out) lol
  5. GDP
  6. Blue Gelato 41

I have some great preservation and member seeds that I will choose from also, later when the last package from MOTR arrives. Eeny Meenie Miney Mo. Having anxiety trying to decide actually… I’ll do a poll at some point and let y’all help me decide on a few once I get my strains together

8 Likes

Totally agree! I’ve been puffing on this Cheese joint and that’s why I’m rambling. High AF! Go old skool! :grin:

11 Likes

Does it actually smell like cheese? taste? IMO that’s terrible stuff… an insult to the plant :laughing: but I do remember it got me wasted when I met it the early 2000s as UK Cheese. :smoking: Romano no bueno…eww. Dead skunks & diesel & cleansers are so pleasant! :joy_cat:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

don’t know about compact size on that cookie kush

here’s mine outside from a few years ago
and it wasn’t in a big pot

14 Likes

@cannabissequoia yes it tastes like fruit and aged cheese. I think it’s delish! But the skunk and diesel fuels are my faves lol

@SamwellBB. That’s a gorgeous plant! It still looks easier to limit to a pot than most of the hybrids I grew last year. I had such an issue with bud rot on my indicas last year due to the dense colas, I figure they will have a better shot as a smaller plant with our humidity. Last year the caterpillars were easier to limit on my cbd plant . Once those bastards get in the super dense colas the humidity comes and finishes off the buds. I’ll still think on this though

3 Likes

Been testing the freshly dried but uncured Strawberry Diesels. Still smell like cat piss, but certainly don’t taste like it. I had been curious if the strawberry portion of the name referred to the taste or the color of the stems and hairs, because the color is there. Well they taste exactly like their name. Surprisingly, the smoke isn’t very harsh even freshly dried. The taste right now is very mellow, curious how much it develops once cured. It’s not great joint weed though, because it is such a fluffy bud and the roller smashes it together so much that it’s tough to hit. Maybe after it cures, I’ll throw a lower humidity pack in it, like a 54. Pretty sure, Dad brought over a couple along with the 62’s. Maybe if I make it kinda crispy dry it will burn better. Before you say anything… Yes! I am 99% certain that there is no water remaining in the stems.

Almost forgot, it’s a really chatty and social sativa, nice and brainy high, mood elevating with no raciness. Munchies like a MOFO though! I don’t like that element at all. lol

10 Likes

After trimming like crazy this year, 3 pairs of my Fiskars were broken. Someone mentions that they are lifetime warranty. So Dad takes them down to the grow store to exchange them and they direct him to go to the Fiskars website. Dad is all excited about how easy it was. All they want is a description of what is wrong with them and ask you to upload a pic of your trimmers. The next day an email comes telling him they shipped. 4 days later he receives a tiny little package enclosed is 2 clips and 1 spring! lol They just ship you the parts! Here we are thinking they will send all new pairs! hahaha! Oh well, at least they will be fixed.

10 Likes

The last of the diesels are packed up to cure. Ended up with 5 gallons between the 2. So stoked, the behemoth drying rack can come down now. It takes up so much space.

Finally bought more butter. Gonna make cbd butter and regular stony butter. I need to get on some CBD edibles for my neighbor who just weened off her gnarly pain patches after like 15 years. Probably would be nice to give her some before the years out. Gonna get some coconut oil for cbd as well cuz I have ideas. lol

9 Likes

Been decarbing bud, rolling joints and playing with my few succulents today.

CBD butter is in the crockpot doing it’s thing and I already have some THC trim decarbed for butter next. Meesh is on a cookie mission this weekend.

10 Likes

Tis the season! I’ve been making [medicated] fudge and hard candies. :christmas_tree:

5 Likes