Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

How often are you watering them? How heavily? Ever shower the whole plant?(de-bug)

And, :grin: are you familiar with watering further from the plant each time to encourage horizontal root growth? Itā€™s done with trees but also helps make weed; the roots ā€œchaseā€ the drip line outward.

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

I do a deep watering of the veggie patch probably every 5-7 days depending. Actually hosed them all off yesterday to rid them of bird shit and any bugs that may be sprayed off. Since I finished the mj planter, Iā€™m trying to make it a living bed, so Iā€™m keeping the whole thing moist especially right now as Iā€™m still trying to germ the clover and marigolds in there. Probably be too tricky to water further from the plant with my set-up, but I do that with my rose bushes for sure.

6 Likes

Yā€™all see that bottom leaf on the Kushage? The one that has a yellow stripe? Thatā€™s what bird shit does to the leaves. I have a few bird ā€œmarkingsā€ on the plants in the ground. :scream_cat::poop:

4 Likes

Ahhh that Jamaican haze is praying like crazy. Obviously enjoyed the organic food. Iā€™m really surprised at its growth in a single week. I think Iā€™ll order some more next week to add to auto only run Iā€™m doing next grow :+1:

4 Likes

Itā€™s my favorite auto out there right now. That and Da green. They just look pretty and itā€™s probably cuz they are new to me. Iā€™ve grown the other strains before

3 Likes

Sheā€™s certainly a vigorous girl. Maybe itā€™s the love you give them all?? Mine get bombarded with chemicals :rofl:

4 Likes

I feel like all my previous ā€œchemicalā€ grows were good and the plants responded favorably, but the smell from the organic stuff is lacking with chemical ferts. Not the bud smell since none of mine are stinky yet, but this earthy natural smell like good soil. Itā€™s all over my backyard and now itā€™s coming off the weed plants too!

6 Likes

Yeah I do admit that bud smell we all know isnā€™t as potent when you use chemical nutrients in flower. Since I switched to megacrop with a little Epsom added Iā€™ve got it back again. :+1:
Iā€™ll get a few pics of my outdoor autos tomorrow. Maybe compare the two dark devils (I donā€™t know who bred yours but mine are sweet seeds)

2 Likes

The dark devil and all the dark spark phenos are from Mr. Sparkle.

As a matter of fact, every plant in my garden right now except the blue dream autos and fem strawberry diesels were gifted to me! Iā€™m such a lucky girl!

6 Likes

Iā€™ve grew big devil XXL from original sensible seeds (Iā€™m sure it has dark devil parent) outside in the open here in the UK and she did excellent considering how cold it is here.

2 Likes

Nice people deserve rewards :wink:

3 Likes

Aww! Turning on the charm are we? :wink: Thank you! :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Haha :rofl:if itā€™s not working then no Iā€™m not :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Iā€™m growing my first outdoor indicaā€¦ the holy punch. Very curious to see how she turns out! Although, Iā€™ll probably only test her smoke wise once as I donā€™t do well on Indica. Most of that plant will go to Dad. lol

4 Likes

I have one here to grow also. Won in skunk24 competition a few months back. Iā€™ve also got some blue dream photos in flower. I took cuttings from her to seed with a cookies kush Iā€™m attempting to reverse. Iā€™ve got loads going on :rofl:

8 Likes

I took a look at the good shit today. Essentially it was topped by a bug at itā€™s first set of 2 leaves, so itā€™s main stem is a two part V with resulting small leaves. Anyone think I should chop off the shorter half of that V or should I just grow out a really wide plant? If it branches outdoors into a V shape, Iā€™m gonna need to plant it in the veggie plot where the onions were instead of the strawberry diesel. Thoughts?

5 Likes

My grow journal needed thisā€¦ for good juju.

and Iā€™m High AF :blush:

12 Likes

You could let each side grow up a couple nodes then top them so you have a ā€œvā€ on both sides of the ā€œyā€ of the main stem and repeatā€¦make a pitchfork of sorts from her branches so sheā€™ll grow outward a bit then up, out then up - takes a bit more time to recover from each topping and room though less room than leaving it at a ā€œVā€ to grow outwardā€¦just a thought :wink:

5 Likes

Hmmā€¦ I get what you are throwing down there. Sounds like a good idea at this point regardless of where I put her. :+1:

As far as recovery, sheā€™s already behind, but I had set backs with my clones prematurely budding then revegging and I still got a big yield last year despite the setbacks. Canā€™t see what it could hurt at this point. I may however have to shoot you a photo and have you draw on it to show me where to cut first. Iā€™m a paranoid pruner, but Iā€™m getting better. lol Actually, I probably know what Iā€™m doing already, but Iā€™d feel better with a wing man. :joy_cat:

2 Likes

Alright been slowly working my way through the old winter green onion patch, Hacking and digging out a practical lawn of new bermuda grass from it. Have to dig and sift by hand for roots. Itā€™s taking awhile, this old lady is breaking her back out there. Iā€™ve got about 5 x 2 patch finished. Have at least another 6 x 4 ft stretch Iā€™m still working on until I can plant the Good Shit in there. It really doesnā€™t need all the space, but that entire section of winter garden is full of grass and I need to do it all. I can only go at it a bit each day at once or Iā€™ll die. lol

All the photo period plants are taking off. I can see the differences in growth on the daily now. They love it in there with the flowers and veggies.

The autos all have nice buds forming nowā€¦ The Dark Devil and fem mix are gonna be miniā€™s. I probably could have grown them in a solo cup and entered the competition. lol Those were the last of those seeds however. Been meaning to start a new crop of sparkles autos. Still have 2 easy D seedlings and one Dark Spark out there. Trying to get like an outdoor auto succession thing going. May just wait for @ReikoX seeds as I have like 5 of sparkles going right now.

7 Likes