Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

So a question for you all… How much pruning do you do by the end of veg? Meaning how far up her legs do you usually shave off? 3 nodes worth of leaves and branches? 8? Just curious as I want to keep up on it so it doesn’t become a burden later.

2 Likes

Sunshine Daydream

Dragons Blood Hashplant

All the photos are looking mighty! May they be girls!

18 Likes

Those look pretty nice! I am really looking forward to running the SSDD when I can, sounds like a great strain. I won’t get to run them outdoors like you, unfortunately.

4 Likes

I am really impressed with these preservation run seeds. All of them so far are really beautiful! Guess I didn’t capture it in the pic but the SSDD has a lady bug right on the top.

9 Likes

That’s okay! I sit back and watch all of you indoor growers with envy from fall to spring. I can live with letting you indoor growers envy my outside grows from summer to fall. lol

9 Likes

On a whim, I planted the 2 Strawberry Diesels in the new planter. It intuitively was the right time and the root ball was even larger than I expected.

12 Likes

The living mulch aka dutch white clover is sprouting all over the beds now, hope the birds stay out this time. Also most of the marigold companions have sprouted. That new bed is so rich, you could stick your whole hand in there easily. It keeps getting better and better. Thursday or Friday this week is another fish drench per the soil test.

8 Likes

Looking happy and healthy out there … good growing !!!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t do too much pruning at the moment … maybe just a few of the bottoms leaves … let it show some leg… basically just make it harder for bugs and moulds to crawl up … hard to gauge off the pics exactly but yeah a couple inches of stalk cleaned should be good. When they get bigger you will have to start cleaning out inside

7 Likes

Coming from you, that’s the ultimate compliment! Thank you!

This is exactly what I thought. Just been snipping the bottom littles and anything touching the ground for now. I want to keep up though as I got overwhelmed with my tomatoes cuz I was pruning illiterate lol I’m still fighting them into shape. If I knew what I was doing from the start it would have been a piece of cake. Don’t need to keeping making more work for myself… Live and learn

7 Likes

So I had completely forgot about the other autos @MomOnTheRun sent me. Was digging around in my seeds and found them. I immediately put them in to germ. 1 Colorado Cookies, 1 Candy Dawg and 1 CBD Charlies Angel.

Waiting for closer to sunset now as it’s fish soil drench time per my soil test. Curious to see how the weed plants act after. They did just fine after the last Cal/Mag drench. They’ll probably just freak out and love it as is the norm with fish emulsion.

I need to get the other 3 of Sparkles autos transplanted to their final pots and get the rest of that grass dug out so the Good Shit can have a permanent home. I plan to knock that out tmw.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. All of the older autos are flowering, but for some reason Reiko’s mini me is the only one stinking up my yard right now. That is one strong tiny little plant. :grin:

8 Likes

A few pics
Da green close up interesting bud color

Jamaican haze stacking up about 18 inches high. Inline with the largest blue dream

Blue Dream

Reikos mini fem mix

Sparkles dark devil… buds don’t appear to be fattening up

Comparison
Left to right… blue dream, Jamaican haze and Da green autos

And the good shit looking like 2 plants as she grew into a V when she recovered from the early bug attack

13 Likes

Just popped some autos while waiting for the @ReikoX seeds.
OG Kush, AK74, Emperor J, and NLxBB.
Gonna be using lots of LITFA on these

6 Likes

I haven’t done much to mine either. Light fish fert in veg and guano/kelp/molasses tea in flower. I’ll probably only water the budding ones until they are done at this point. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy :grinning:

6 Likes

Yaahhhh! And 20 characters.

4 Likes

That’s one of Reikos other fem mixes. btw… I haven’t received his new mix yet either.

6 Likes

Those dwarf autos look the same as my experience with autos outdoor. most of the time they either end up the size of a tiny strawberry plant and don’t yield much usable material, or they simply never autoflower, and veg/ flower seasonally like a photoperiod plant. I found that autos weren’t effective for producing meds after a trial season with 4 autos outside and 2 indoor. They also seemed to be pest magnets compared to my regular genetics. The only time I’ve gotten reasonable results from autos was indoor, and if you have to use a timer and artificial lighting anyway, what’s the point of the autoflowering trait?

I’m not getting down on autoflowering genetics, they are definitely very useful in far north climates, but I still don’t understand the point of them for general indoor growing or outdoor production grows. In the long run I’m not sure they are worth the space and time for such low yields.

I visited a friend’s olcc production licensed farm (for oregon retail), and they were kicking themselves for devoting outdoor space to autoflowers that year. they had the same experience with low vigor and tiny low yielding plants, although they did get several orders from extract processing companies that were going to use the material to make isolated thc to combine with a terpene blend for vape cartridges.

2 Likes

It’s looking like that Jamaican haze is gonna tower above the other autos. They weren’t to expensive to buy either. I may not comment very often but when ever I see your outdoor thread on the feed I’m straight on it checking how she’s doing. :+1:

6 Likes

@zephyr Only 2 are mini me’s… My other 4 are nice and are gonna get me some quick bud for Dad and I until the end of my outdoor season. Last year my outdoor blue dream autos got 3 feet tall with probably an ounce per plant. The 2 mini’s were from an open pollination from a few members here. My guess is I just got a few runts and mutants. However, Da Green is from Mr. Sparkle and she’s almost 18 inches now. I think it’s just a crap shoot with these autos and were given out for fun and learning. I actually love autos. They are quick and easy.

@Esrgood4u she is a serious beauty! Good genetics! I’m stoked she’s keeping up with the blue dreams. They were some 3 footers last year at the end. Very Indica in her leaf structure too. One of the 2 blue dreams is expressing her Indica as well and 1 is very sativa like.

So, I dug out most of the winter crops and the dreaded bermuda grass from hell. Took me about 5 hours. The patch that had the green onions and one half of the sweet peas. The other half of the trellis with sweet peas still has some decent flowers on it although it’s winding down. I’ll do a final flower cutting in a few day and dig that out too! Sad to see them go. Those gorgeous flowers have been smelling up my house for months straight. So wonderful…

Planted the good shit in the new spot I dug out and said screw it and planted 3 of Sparkles auto seedlings out there too. I think I was just exhausted from digging and didn’t feel like rummaging around in the garage for grow bags. Stoked that Mr. Sparkle was so generous with the auto seeds so if they don’t make it, I have plenty more to play with. So 1 dark spark and 2 Easy D’s out there with the good shit. Rooting for them!

I’m gonna go die now. I feel like I’m 80 years old after all that hacking and digging! Netflix take me away!

10 Likes

Next year I want grow my autos indoor on 24 hours in 5gal buckets and just when they begin to flower I’ll transplant them outdoors to flower. The autos I run get fairly big if they have enough soil.
Everythings looking great @Meesh !!!

4 Likes