Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

I’m glad your plants are starting to take off but have to suggest ‘ugly plant thread’ for that mini-me-fem-mix :astonished: :mag_right: :herb:

:sweat_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Haha! Tell @ReikoX that his new autos seeds better be worth the cost of the soil! That tiny little fkr is ugly, but I’m gonna smoke that delicious tasting bitch, even if it is all in one joint. :joy: The last mini-me was tasty and stony as hell :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

I think I have better plants this time around. Did you see those ugly plants I used last time?

14 Likes

Gonna have some big girls on your hands there … might want to give those photos a topping and looks like they could do with a little clean up around the bottoms … looking good over there !! Nice one !!

4 Likes

So, @Sunvalley says I should top the photos then I need to top the photos. Only problem is I’m a paranoid pruner. Would someone be so kind as to snatch the pic of the SSDD and draw on it exactly where I should cut? I don’t want to screw it up.

4 Likes

how tall do you want to deal with? top them about 50% of your target height, so you won’t need a ladder.

it feels like putting a pet down, but in ‘17 I tried using only the bottom 4 branches, removing like 2’ of plant :scream: and it worked out beautifully.

:v:

7 Likes

Could take this top off here …n
could also go a node lower

11 Likes

That’s what I thought, I just didn’t want to screw up. So, just the top node, right above the two branches. I keep trimming stuff off the bottom and practically the next day I have leaves touching the ground again. I should trim complete branches off the bottom too? Like 6 - 12 inches depending? I’ll do all this tmw after I’m completely certain

3 Likes

Pulled the first fem mix auto. Was looking at it and the whole top was crunchy. Roots were tiny. I’m thinking the other mutant dark devil should be pulled as well. It doesn’t seem to be doing much. On a lighter note, The new FM 2 is above soil, waiting on 1 and 3 now. I see new sets of leaves on every node on every plant on the daily. These suckers are going crazy right now.

2 Likes

Well, I don’t think I want to chop that much. Everything around them has grown in, so I fear they would be hogged out of sun at this point if I were to do that. I don’t have a height restriction per se… I hadn’t considered they would get big enough to need a ladder. WOW! That would be awesome! Just to see one of my own plants growing that high! lol I may get to big for my britches if this years grow turns out that rad. :joy:

4 Likes

Alright, I’m letting my pruners soak in alcohol for a bit. I wipe them with it between stuff, but I want them extra clean before I touch my babies. I’ll top and shave some of their legs tomorrow, tonight I need to spray some spinosad on them. Flying bugs been chomping on a few leaves here and there. Probably moths. Also, I found what looked like a tiny black caterpillar on one of the baby autos about a week ago. It had eaten holes in it, they are recovering just fine though and have grown 2 new nodes since, but something out there is growing and hatching now. So organic bug spray it is. Figured it would be best to do it before I prune so the plant can heal without a chemical sprayed on it after. Just makes sense in my head. Also, Friday I believe I have a scheduled liquid fish drench per the soil test and I also want to do an aspirin foliar on the entire backyard and see if it shows greater plant health.

4 Likes

Weird, it is one thing i do religiously indoors, but never once outdoors…

I guess I am not as meticulous as I thought…lol

Peace
DaFozz

3 Likes

Yup them some fuggly looking plants for sure! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

For reference later… Spinosad applied to all vegging cannabis

4 Likes

I’m really anal about my indoor pruners, but outside honestly, I only get really anal when it comes to the perennials and the cannabis. In my mind the annuals are only here for a minute anyway and unless I pruned off something funky like pm etc… I’ll move on with them. Probably should buy some of those packs of alcohol wipes for ease of use out there.

3 Likes

Holy shit! Someone hit a like on the plant pics from 10 days ago. Whoa! The are double the size out there. Ummm… I think you may be right @Pedro_Bann they may just get bigger than I thought. I’ll probably end up having to pull out all the zinnias eventually or I won’t be able to maneuver enough to tend to them.

6 Likes

Yeah, indoors I use Alcohol Wipes or a bottle of Isopropyl to wipe everything down… Outdoors I tend to let rain and rust take over… Should probably change that… especially if I want to deal with outdoors Cannabis…

Weird how I feel a need to wipe and clean something I smoke, but have no problem with dirty tools tending to something I eat… Must be something to do with being raised in an anti anti-bacterial generation… I think I grew up with dirt under my nails…lol

Peace
DaFozz

6 Likes

First world problems when the cannabis is too big.
:sunny:
Edit. At that rate probably another 1.7 metres to go.

7 Likes

Sweet Jeezus Man! What is that like 6 more feet? I haven’t measured them yet, but my guess is that would put them at 9 to 10 feet? I’ve always had them in pots, so they never got that big! Yeah first world problems! lol They will rival my mammoth sunflowers at that height

7 Likes

My larger plants would be over 8’ by now if I hadn’t bent them over.

:straight_ruler:

3 Likes