Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

Good news now you just need THEIR legal definition of locked and visible…

2 Likes

Did you find it a city document somewhere? Easily found? That’s cool not sure where I can find it but think it’s illegal in my back yard for sure!

1 Like

Take a pic of those little bastards from what IIRCC they are about the size of a pin head and shiny almost iridescent color.

1 Like

I’ll be packing up seeds and starting the shipping process by next week. :blush:

8 Likes

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES,!!!

@Tinytuttle - these are about a 3/16" to 1/4" long and have stripes on their back from front to back. I was describing them to a friend and that is what they said they probably were. I read about them, but they didn’t “hop” like fleas, so they may not be. I am going to have to snag one to take to the “experts” (actually have to dig to see them) so I will take a pic as soon as I do.

Also read it on the “Official City Website” so I would think I am okay. Printed a copy, just in case :wink:

@Meesh - I figure I am good on that, two gates… two locks. That is some good advice, though.

2 Likes

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!

WINNER! WINNER! WINNER!

Who thought, if you did a search for “small striped beetle” it would be the very first entry.

Today’s Guest Pest is… (Drum Roll Please)

The Striped Cucumber Beetle.

Now, how to eliminate the little bastards

5 Likes

Here is you flea beetle see how their back legs look like grasshoppers? … usually it’s hard to get close to these guys because they jump so quickly

5 Likes

Maybe catch a couple of them in a container and give them a dose of insecticidal soap see if it does them in I’d think beetles would be more difficult to kill IMO and keep your plants safe… my homemade soap seemed to kill the weevil type beetles I had on my hollyhocks.

I’m have a small issues with grasshoppers now will see if it works on them probably tomorrow

2 Likes

What is your soap recipe, soap and chili powder like some others? I am going to pick up some neem oil, to be prepared, and that seems to kill almost everything.

The other concern I have is earwigs. We had a HUGE problem a few years ago (which is funny because up to this last winter, we have been REAL dry) and this winter was wet as hell and the summer so far has been pretty mild (only about a dozen 90+ days and only 3 or 4 100+) so the ground isn’t as dry as it usually is. Haven’t grown anything outside in a few years, so not sure how bad they are. When they were bad, they destroyed much of my garden.

2 Likes

It’s starts at post #97 on this thread it’s a homemade castle soap probably very similar to Dr Bonner’s soap makes a bit more than a gallon

Tinytuttle’s Grow Chronicles 2019

5 Likes

I’d like to go search for some “lost “ toads to let them call my boxes home to keep beetles and bugs in check!

2 Likes

I had major earwig issues in the spring. Killed them with DE and Sevin (except I only sprinkled this gnarly shit in the grass not in any of my planters or veggie patch) around the outside, plus spinosad. I used everything! They were gnarly. Beetles would probably be in the same category DE since they have hard bodies. I can’t figure out why everyone thinks neem is god’s gift. It doesn’t even deter a gnat in my yard. Soft bodied bugs are easy Dr. Bronners soap or some of @Tinytuttle homemade will work. Sometimes even just a blast with the hose gets them.

I have both of my backyard gates padlocked now. One of them has been locked since I built the fence, but I just recently started with the padlock since budding on the other gate…

It’s pretty late to start a cannabis plant now @WMoon518, but you could grow a few autos if you get them in soon.

4 Likes

Y’all been having a bug party while I was gone? :joy_cat:

2 Likes

:clap: Get crackin with some autos ASAP! :confetti_ball: :fireworks:

:thumbsup:

Congrats! :sun_with_face:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

@Tinytuttle
Will look up that recipe. Used to always use soap based sprays, when I grew veggies, many :full_moon:'s ago.

@Meesh
I actually started some Divyders, outside, a few weeks ago in some pots as well as a few hemp seeds. The hemp won’t get too big, but I figured I had a good two months of 13-14 hour days to veg and I hoped I would get at least one male. Even if I didn’t get a lot of flower, at least I would get some seeds. I noticed today that of the 5 Divyders that came up (I planted 8) three are male, so I am going to keep the one good male and may use it to pollinate the hemp as well. I am also waiting on some Autos from @Sebring so those will be next. I will grow auto throughout the winter and run some Transkei in the spring. Been dying to pop some of them since I got them.

@cannabissequoia
Thanks for the link. I saw the Cucumber Beetle and thought it was that, just because of the size, but damned if they and those Flea Beetles don’t look like twins and with the striped ones being bigger, it may be more accurate. Will have to “look at the legs” to be sure, but like I said earlier, they didn’t seem to jump, but crawl. I will definitely have to get one, now. CSUF here I come (well not exactly now) :laughing:

5 Likes

3 out of 4 sprouts of FM autos came up, despite Dad trying to kill them with a mammoth sunflower. Super stoked! The wild parrots didn’t eat all my sunflower seeds either. There are a whole lot left. The heads are in brown bags drying in my garage. Yay!

5 Likes

Good morning monsters

Smells good out here! Not strong yet though

22 Likes

:scream_cat:

5 Likes

Og skunk stacking

18 Likes

Candy Dawg keeping my eye on this chick. Any day now

24 Likes