Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

Has anyone ever had all their leaves chomped off a seedling except one? If so, did the plant make it? I really want that Good Shit to live. Still hanging in there…

1 Like

I cannot say, just looks like a plant that had a very rough start.

3 Likes

Yeah, no rough start. Compared to the other one, I think it is the mutant. Now that I see the pic magnified on my computer, I’m pretty certain. Thanks! I’ll take a side by side with the other one that germed at the same time.

2 Likes

Dark Devils side by side @Mr.Sparkle

7 Likes

Yeah pull the runt if you want to.

4 Likes

All is well in seedling land. They look like they want some nitrogen though. I’m gonna give them a tiny dose of fish fertilizer tomorrow. As far as Good Shit, it would have had true leaves now if it hadn’t been munched on. The stem still looks really strong and good. Wondering if I should give it a small dose too? May help new leaves form quicker. Don’t know. Afraid to stress it out with it’s one cotyledon… Thoughts are welcome here

2 Likes

Personally, I would wait a bit and see what she does though a kelp tea may help more as its a known source for plant de-stressing being a little gentler than fish fertilizer…your call.

I have 1 germinating at the moment to veg outside and will probably make a bunch of clones with a chance of hitting one or 2 with pollen so can send my last one to you to try again…really want to see pink buds :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

LITFA is a good call. I had just a basic biology class in college and barely covered plants, but I am worried that once the last cotelydon dies the stem will die. Does it absorb sunlight through the stem?

Let’s make sure your seed comes up successfully with no hitches first before you share your last seed with me. I’m not giving up on this sucker until she shrivels up falls over and dies. I’m worried, but I’m also really rooting for her and am actually very curious to see what she’ll do. lol I can’t help it, I always root for the underdog!

1 Like

Unfortunately, no…she is still a little green so hopefully she’ll throw out a leaf set

Yeah, I just planted her last night so i’ll know by Tuesday

Absolutely! On one of my 1st attempts at auto’s, I had 1 come up with only 1 cotyledon…she pulled through though was very stunted. IIRC, I got ~4grams off of her…maybe 3 :sweat: sad lil thing. Luckily, Good Shit is a photo so she isn’t on a time clock (((fingers crossed)) she pulls through

3 Likes

Last year when I screwed up a bunch of clones, the 5 that revegged ended up being seriously decent plants as they had all season to get right and regrow. That’s where photos rock!

5 Likes

So, I just pulled the Dark Devil mutant. It hurt me a little inside. lol The other Dark Devil however is 3 times the size and almost spanning across the pot. She’s almost ready for her 3 gallon pot. I grew the last mutant out and it wasn’t worth the price of my expensive organic soil I grow autos in… So cie la vie little mutant girl…it was fun watching you sprout.

11 Likes

So, Da Green Auto and Fem Holy Punch getting ready to show their little heads. I suspect the dark sparks and Jamaican Haze will follow tomorrow. The Dark Devil is the largest of the first batches of autos, but the fem mix and blue dreams are no slouches. lol Love watching them grow! I’m blind as a bat, but I think I see a tiny bit of green showing on the Good Shit. Crossing my fingers that it really is a new set of leaves as that last cotyledon is almost toast. Still rooting for her!

9 Likes

You and those Fuggin bugs when the hell r they going to leave ya alone?

3 Likes

I’ve beat them back quite a bit since the Good Shit got bit. They hide and burrow so it takes time. Ugh!

4 Likes

I feel your pain on the mutant @Meesh :cry:

And bloody bugs can bring a grown man to his knees weeping haha I also feel your pain here :joy:

3 Likes

Da green and holy punch are up. I see Jamaican haze and one of the dark sparks trying now. No sign of the other dark spark.

Good Shit looking kinda pathetic. Last cotyldon almost dead. Looks like a green swell at stem might be leaves. Getting critical now.

4 Likes

Seriously @Mongobongo I practically cried a few times when I found the bug destruction on my whole garden.

4 Likes

I took a close up of Good Shit, so we can see it. Does that look like leaves forming to you?

9 Likes

The good shit doesn’t look good shit at all does it?? :persevere:
Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:the Jamaican haze makes up for it. I’ve been itching to see how these do meesh :+1:

2 Likes

As long as there’s green, there’s hope, they are strong ladies :smile::+1:. I’m going to spam a bit your thread with a story of survival.

I planted some seeds in one of these starting kits. First I cleaned it over, even flushed the water pump with peroxide BUT (my bad) I reused some sponges of seeds that didn’t germinate at all, and that was a disaster, there were spores in those sponges, the water was all green and the plant’s coitus …

Many days later I wanted to clean egain the kit and I noticed one of them was still alive :astonished: after living without LED light and dumped water for more than a week:

So I planted her in soil, trimmed the upper leaves (nowhere to go) after a certain time and there she goes as twins:

I guess no one has tried that kind of topping :grin:, the moral of the story is that as long as it is alive keep an eye on her and good luck … :sunglasses:

23 Likes