Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

I had a group of seedlings attacked by slugs and pill bugs one of them had only a small nub of a leaf left and was perfectly chomped in half below it on the main stem. It looked like the slug ate all the leaves but one then cut it down to say f u. So i cut a new cut on it like you would a clone because it was kinda shriveled up and popped it into a solo cup with soil and left it there with the rest that got transplanted. When i came back two weeks it was alive. It was severely stunted but it grew the rest of the year in my window cuz it had successfully survived the wild. Cannabis will survive some nonsense. I’ve had whole trees fall on them :joy:

9 Likes

I don’t think the last Dark Spark is gonna show, I’ll give it one more day then give up. All the other babies are looking good, except the Good Shit it looks the same, still watching it. Not dead yet. :slight_smile: I did over water one of the Blue Dream autos, it’s been kinda pissed and droopy at me since yesterday. Sorry, Buddy. Step away from the watering can, Meesh! I am really looking forward to all of these going into soil. I still have a hard time judging water content in the soilless mix in the sun. Sometimes it dries the top out so hardcore and I figure it’s too dry. I need to stick my finger in there more often to check instead of the eyeball test, obviously I am failing by sight.

7 Likes

@_randomguyinthewoods and @George I love survival stories! They give me hope!

6 Likes

Gave all the seedlings except the new sprouts 1/4 dose of fertilizer, even the Good Shit. I just figured it would need some nutrients if it’s gonna make new leaves as it’s last cotyledon is dead, plus they all needed a boost, had some yellowing. They told me they needed nitrogen.

2 Likes

I think cotyledons are a sort of food deposit for the seed until they develop the first leaves. After that the plant doesn’t need them and eat from the roots. If the plant is apparently already developing those leaves, I hope it has enough strengh accumulated to produce them … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Exactly! This is the Good Shit that got munched by bugs. They ate the cotelydon and the last one has died, so my guess was it needed some nutes if that sucker is gonna spring back to life or sprout it’s first set of leaves. I think the other seedlings that germed at the same time have 2 sets of true leaves already

2 Likes

I wouldn’t give her no nutes at all, she has no leaves to process them, water has already some nutes and that should be enough for the moment ( if it is on soil). I burnt mine’s and they survived ATM, better hungry than burnt … :sunglasses:

EDIT: My last advice: never trust a noob … :grin:

3 Likes

OOPS! Too late… they are in a soilless starter mix right now. I guess I will find out. I do see tiny specks of green. Hoping these are leaves.

3 Likes

So within the last few hours the new dark spark fell. It either damped off or a bird tried to snatch it. Can a seedling damp off if it’s not overwatered? Cuz I haven’t given any of the new sprouts water, I was out there a few hours ago and they were all strong. Don’t know. The Jamaican Haze, Da Green and the Holy Punch all germed at the same time and they are just fine. None of them got water. Confused right now.

5 Likes

Self destruct mode? Maybe it was an auto that finished on day one from seed? Sorry I wish I had something more intelligent to say

2 Likes

One can usually tell if it’s dampened off the stem will be almost pinched in appearance right at the soil stem interface iirc.

3 Likes

I think I know what happened. I had the sprinkler on the other day for the veggie patch. It probably drizzled on them when the breeze kicked up. I felt like I was being really cautious about watering. Started second guessing myself though when the Blue Dream got pissed at me. I am a self confessed reformed over watering fool. This time, I think it was the sprinkler, I need to be more careful. My sprinkler covers like 60 feet, if the wind hits it, it carries even further. Out of the hundreds of plants I germed in the greenhouse this winter, only one died from too much water and it is a really finicky plant.

3 Likes

Botafumeiros fem

OG Skunk fem

Kushage fem

Holy Punch fem

Dragons Blood Hashplant

Jungle Spice

Sunshine daydream

Cherry Berry White

Jamaican haze auto

Da green auto

Blue Dreams autos

Dark Devil Auto

Reikos fem mix auto

Good Shit fem … seriously those green bumps are getting bigger or is it just wishful thinking?

19 Likes

The dragons blood Hashplant and cherry berry white are looking super sativa like already.

6 Likes

Ohmygoodness. :smile:

I was thinking about starting more seeds & now I HAVE to.

:joy:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

I don’t remember you growing any autos? I’m gonna start 2 more Dark Sparks since one didn’t pop and I killed the other one and 2 fem Strawberry Diesels. lol

6 Likes

I’ve got a couple dozen seedlings going of ReikoX’s LowRyder X Ultraviolet2 and 2 Blue Ice from i_thewindcries… then 6 month-old photo plants & 6 big transplants. So it’s not “regulation” #s:blush:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Sshhh! I wouldn’t know anything about that.
:see_no_evil::speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil:

:wink:

4 Likes

Nice name :smile:, in the cathedral of Santiago (the end of the pilgrimage) it is still used. They swing it all along the cathedral with parfumed smoke. The pilgrims were supposed to stink after all those long walking journeys … :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Is that what they call that stinky catholic incense? Interesting! I always though it was Frankincense and Myrrh

3 Likes