Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

Direct sowed a few dwarf sunflowers, marigolds, cilantro and chamomile into the empty spots in the mj planter. Topped it with a few handfuls of dutch white clover. Want to keep the beds alive. Annuals and herbs are perfect, they’ll die off around spring.

9 Likes

:cookie: :island: :thinking:

just think of all the baked baking this holiday season…

:laughing: :exclamation:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Bet your house isn’t that small everything is bigger in America.
Where can I find out more about this washing buds I’ve noticed you all talking about it, I haven’t said anything because didn’t want to look a fool.
And I’m indoors at moment, but I did grow outside for ten years.
Don’t it wash thc off?
To tell you truth it really blew my mind when I heard you lot talking about it.
It’s as if I have been living on mars or something, just seems alien

4 Likes

Here’s the Google search page for bud washing.

I learned of it when I got some PM pretty bad on a few plants a couple of years ago. Now, if I don’t have any mold I’ll just use a straight 5 gallon bucket of clean tap water and dip and swish the limbs just to remove all of the ants that get stuck in the trichs and any dirt or other bugs.

It doesn’t remove anything except the foreign matter. Just like rain.

6 Likes

I think my penultimate gorilla grow I found some land that was a bit more swampy than is desirable, but it was the only place I ever found that humans wouldn’t go. That had all day sun even mid October.
There is always a compromise, and we got taught in school binary logic by a rouge teacher.
That defied the coriculum, it’s been a while and I couldn’t put the 1’s n 0’s as a mathematical equation on paper no more.
But it’s served me well on my spiritual side, and also stops me running for trains I just can’t catch.
In plain English it’s just maybe the 1’s are pro’s, the 0’s are cons, and the only safe place is centre.
But only as what you set as home page normally a little drift is required to find individual sweet spot. Little bit like growing plants?
That year I pulled the best buds but did get botryotis.
Here it’s a common foe that year I discovered a new product that I thought bacciculis was main ingredient not sure it I was used surgically cutting it out, this stuff stopped it in its tracks!
When you get botryotis your buds melt to mush and spread only way is to to cut it out, indoor cut it down.
Product left black killzone wherespores died

3 Likes

What if you put the plants in some ssort of pots, on stands, and make a wicking system to take advantage of the swamp without drowning them… I’m high…

2 Likes

Had to throw out all of the Good Shit from bud rot. Picked and sorted the Kushage. Had already gotten 90% of the moldy buds out the other day. A lot was salvageable. Trichome check today revealed all cloudy with Amber on Charlotte so we washed her and hung her until tmw. We’ll trim her then. Super easy one. She was all bud. I was surprised how quickly she ripened from my check the other day. I thought she was a week out. She literally faded completely overnight and ripened. Dad and I still broke our backs lifting those buds @Pedro_Bann they are so fat. She gets the most colorful and prettiest bud award this year. Gorgeous buds. We also pulled the drying rack down and soaked it in peroxide and water to kill any possible mold spores that may have been on it. It’s drying in the garage until tmw. Very productive day.

14 Likes

Pretty Charlottes angel cbd

23 Likes

I must have opened the Good Shit 5 times since it’s been curing. Guess I didn’t look close enough. I just looked in and shook her around. Guess I didn’t pick up any buds. I’m not too surprised that she was rotted. She was pretty much toast when we pulled her down. Guess we didn’t get enough cut out or it was inside the stem already. Oh well, I wasn’t smoking that strain anyways. Still gonna have plenty of bud. I still have 3 gallons of cherry berry white and 3/4 of that of the Kushage also all of the og skunk still

9 Likes

Sorry to hear about the casualty.

2 Likes

Man those look like some long solid colas ! Sweet Jesus! Those are 10+ days in the dry!

4 Likes

I didn’t realize there was a rot risk during cure. Does that happen often?

2 Likes

Yeah, it can mold in the jar or in her case a 5 gal bucket. It can happen if it’s put away too early in the drying process. Best to hang or use the drying racks, but only put away after the stems snap when bending them.

Meesh had a bad mold problem, too, even before she cut it, so that was compounded by not drying more maybe… hard to say. I never tried to cure in a 5 gallon bucket, lol… but, now I have something bigger to shoot for in the future.

6 Likes

I have a couple of jars that have stabilized around 62 rh. I am switching to a burp weekly schedule for them. Everything else is checked a couple times a day and spread out for hours (or overnight) if its over 72. When can I stop inspections?

4 Likes

The Good Shit had bud rot already when we cut it down. My guess is it had some we missed or was buried in the bud too. I don’t think it was the cure. The Kushage however, wasn’t spread out enough on the drying rack me thinks. Not enough airflow on the 2nd batch. When I was pulling it out of the drying rack I had already thrown half of it in the bucket before I grabbed a wet funky bud. I sifted through it then threw all of it back in the rack. We sorted through it today bud by bud.

To answer your original question, yes, it can mold in cure if put away too wet. @AllOra a week or two

3 Likes

How was she smelling while trimming her @Meesh??
When she’s fully dried your in for a treat as the potent savoury smell just gets stronger and stronger.
I knew her yield would surprise you. She’s a super vigorous plant.
Edit - ignore part of this. She’s not even been trimmed. You could likely leave her as she is :v:

2 Likes

She barely needs a trim tomorrow, we took all her regular leaf off today. She’s not going in the trimmer either. I’m only gonna separate the smaller nugs off the stems for the rack and hang her fat colas. She smells amazing! Had a few small takedown random casualty pieces that are drying on my coffee table. I’ll be testing them in a few days. Like @Tinytuttle she is gonna take a bit to dry. I’m extremely happy with her so far!

4 Likes

I’ve found that if a plant has bud rot , the safest way to dry it after cutting away all the bed stuff is chopping it into small nugs and giving them enough air movement. I’ve seen some guys do a flash dry 1st too at higher temps with low humidity for a 2 days then transferring it to a more suitable drying environment after that. Sux to lose all that bud after spending all that time and risk growing it. I know your pain

9 Likes

I am so grateful that so far I don’t see any rot on her. Probably cuz the caterpillars barely got her. Her buds are hard and completely solid. Crazy. It was really interesting how she literally ripened overnight, like a fruit. Her leaves all turned orange, yellow and purple overnight and she stunk to high hell this morning. Some of her trichs still were showing clear yesterday with no amber, today they were all cloudy and amber. Guess she was already turning yesterday when I checked. Plants never cease to amaze me. Pretty awesome for a 10 gallon grow.

9 Likes

I wish every plant was that easy. lol… that’s really cool.

2 Likes