Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

Sometimes you can literally tape them back together if you can match the break and it isn’t in two pieces.

You and even use a splint like on a broken bone… You’d be surprised at how they will heal themselves. It may not be possible lots oof times but something to consider. I tape up limbs I break all the time.

So sorry to hear of the bad luck spell.

5 Likes

If it already had all that support and water took it down, I seriously doubt it will make it until December with tape and a splint.

One good rain or day of gale force winds… poof

3 Likes

Just letting it go… This is why you plant more plants outdoors than you need I suppose. Shit happens.

6 Likes

Todd McCormick is selling the original Skunk #1 from Mel’s garden. Not super cheap but it’s supposed to be legit from back in the day. They’re making a bunch of crosses to it from Mel’s garden as well. Let me see If I can find the link. You have to request the online catalogue I think. Seems like it might have been $20 a seed which was sending some people running off with their hair on fire.

I don’t buy seeds much but I’d buy from those guys just because I know I was there back then, too. Aside from everybody’s drama, I think they’re gonna be legit retro offerings.

right click on this link and “open Link in a new tab”, then download an/or save it.
email this address for the catalog… seeds@authenticgenetics.com

I’d love to have that Skunk #1. Authentic Genetics is the name they’re selling under. I haven’t heard of anyone in here yet that has tried any but Mel Frank has an old collection and I’d love to get some. Maybe soon.

Todd McCormick has a Facebook page for it, too. peace

3 Likes

You live, You learn. Dad and I already have a great support system project for next year we are gonna build in winter. Either that or I can’t shave their legs anymore and have to grow x-mas tree style.

Anyway, I’m depressed. I’m going to bed. Nite friends.

6 Likes

Actually, the crosses are all made to ON Haze and ON Haze Lineage = Nevil’s Haze (Northern Lights #5 x HazeA) x HazeC crossed back to an Original Haze male.

All of those seeds are $10 a piece and the Skunk #1 is $20 a seed. I want some of those skunk seeds! peace

1 Like

$20 a piece are they for sale ?

1 Like

Oooops, I forgot to paste the link. Yes, I believe they are, not sure if they’ve finished all of them… They explain the story a little on it. It’s only a few pages.

The link will bring up the download. Hit save and then open it.

1 Like

I find broken limbs down low where animals most likely our cats climb to hide while hunting . I just use twine to lift back against the split they do fine . And I fasten the heavy buds to the trellis net above using Hemp twine . The weight of the rain soaked branches always bend and some snap I’m always tying branches I check each plant while watering .

4 Likes

Today was a whole lot of fun. Not. Okay, support and staked the DBHP main stem and branches more. Attached more cable ties to the garage and tied back the Holy Punch and Botafumeros so they will last through another week. Dad wanted to try as a learning experiment to try and repair the main stems of the 2 strawberry diesels. We splinted them, and attached even more cables to the garage and tried to give them more support. This more than likely is all in vain as they’ll probably die. That’s like 6 feet the water will have to travel through the broken main stems to feed the top branches of course the main stems broke low. For some bonus fun, I was bit by another black widow last night while trying to assess the damage, but luckily I happened to have a doctor’s visit already scheduled for this morning and am running to the pharmacy for antibiotics soon. Also, it’s 80 degrees here today and as confirmed by my doctor this morning, I am in pre-menopause so if my body heats up even slightly, I start sweating profusely and won’t cool down literally for hours. It’s not like being normal hot, it’s like being on fire. A simple hot cup of coffee or tea will do it and even a cool shower. Not to mention all that sweat causes major dehydration, so constantly feel like I’m gonna pass out. The joys of being a middle aged woman. Literally thought I was gonna die out there or spontaneously combust with 3 hours in the sun trying to fix the plants.

I suppose if the branches start dying off tomorrow on the diesels, I know where I stand.

btw… Not sure what you guys smelled on your DBHP plants, but mine currently smells strongly of delicious cherries.

11 Likes

This harvest sure isnt coming easy for you, i bet you are wanting it done and dusted.

5 Likes

People who have never grown outside think it is easy…it is much like Herding Cats…you do the best you can

10 Likes

Yep. Spent 50$ on ladybugs. Borax around the base of the plants.

Used Meesh’s Lemon Buttwash on the buggiest 2/3 of theblackXchampagne. line-dried in mild sun & breeze. kept 1/3 regular & unwashed just for insurance.

Where am I again… :sweat_smile:

:evergreen_tree: and it may rain

7 Likes

Should have washed it all…60 MPH bad ass rain storm will NOT take off the glands, a little washing will not hurt a thing.

3 Likes

Good god man you have those phallic buds all over the place don’t you? Lol

3 Likes

@Pedro_Bann I’m so over it. Hopefully I learned enough that next year I’m better prepared. Armed sooner with BT and a much better trellising, staking plan from veg.

@Jetdro Like herding cats? :joy: I think that about covers it. No, it is not as easy as it seems. Very little control over the environment and zero control over Mother Nature. Also, it’s a lot easier to splint and fix a indoor 2 foot plant that may have split than a 10 foot tall one that weighs 60 pounds.

@cannabissequoia That’s a lot of ladybugs! You got mites or aphids or something? This year the ladybugs came to me on their own, but I’ve had to purchase many a bug in the past. Well, if you got bugs, good lord man, please wash those buds. Mites taste gross.

@Tinytuttle Who knew Charlotte would have a donkey dick? Actually 13 donkey dicks… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

I think I’m gonna grow all my plants in the veggie patch next year. The wall has been a real pain in the ass in flower. I think I’m gonna grow my sweet pea flowers and such in the mj beds next year instead. May just become my annual planter, that I can constantly change out my flowers and herbs in. I will however keep it a living no till bed as that’s what I intended from the start, just gonna change up what I grow in it.

Just got home, 1 of the strawberry diesels has no leaf drop miraculously, the other I believe is toast despite our best efforts. All the top leaves are completely wilted now. Funny, the one that looks like it may live, we had to leave those pliers with the clamp thing on it to keep the stem together. That may be what’s making it work. Maybe we should have bought an actual clamp for the other break. Oh well, it is what it is

10 Likes

Pow Wow’s with the Men have determined that, my boyfriend seems to like them all and Dad doesn’t like the taste of the Cherry Berry White or the little piece of Botafumeiros that I cut off and gave him, but loves the jungle spice and the Kushage Those 2 strains have one thing in common, a spicy flavor. Guess the spice doesn’t do it for him. Glen said he loves the cherry berry white. In flavor, I think we share the love of spice and Dad and I share love of the skunk. I personally am still working on the bud of botafumeiros, love everything about it and can’t stay away from the Og Skunk. The Kushage is fruitier so I believe he’ll dig the Holy Punch if it tastes anything like it smells and probably the fruitier DBHP.
Different strokes for different folks. lol

8 Likes

Question for all of you experienced pruners- If I wanted to make bushier plants instead of taller (remember I’m an outdoor grower, so aint got time for some lst on huge plants lol) would you only basically top the main stem, numerous times or do you cut back the branches as well?

4 Likes

Sounds a lot like Sweet Pure Auto CBD from Sweet Seeds, although the smell and flavour may be different.

2 Likes