Meesh's Garden of Weeden 2022

It will come back around somehow, I suppose. In the meantime, my toes are killing me along with the heat. However, I have to finish planting these flowers and start some compost tea.

15 Likes

No good deed goes by unpunished :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

11 Likes

Just realized that today is day 7 since I popped the beans. 2 have helmet head and 2 still aren’t up. I may have to perform surgery when I get home from my clients and if the other 2 aren’t up., I’ll start 2 more tomorrow. I poured a bit of water over the helmet heads, they may shed them themselves by the time I get home. I’m hoping anyway

6 Likes

Never did get the compost tea started. I bought the Malibu compost teabags since I never get my compost to completion. lol. Reminder to start that later. I want to foliar the entire yard

4 Likes

That’s cool. You can buy compost tea bags? I have a nice pile of dirt from compost, but it’s been almost 5 freakin years! ha. It’s been mostly so dry here that compost doesn’t break down the same. I have to water regularly if I want it to stay at it. I’m going to move it to a shadier place so the moisture stays in check and start back adding to it weekly.

Hey, I was gonna ask if you’ve ever thought about topping your plants to keep them shorter. And, since you have such a long veg season it may be perfect.

Also, maybe you can do preventive actions to head off any mold by applying stuff early and especially in early flower. I’m trying a new one this year that is basically soybean and peppermint oil. It’s that Lost Coast Plant Therapy. It even smells good. If you sprayed the plants late in the evening, they would be dry enough the next morning to not have to worry about burning.

I’m sort of thinking out loud about what I want to do this season to avoid surprises. I lost about 75% of my harvest last year due to PM and I was so poor I couldn’t get anything to kill it. By the time you see that stuff in flower, it’s almost too late. So, I hope to have the stuff on the plants early and prevent the shit from ever taking hold this year.

I can’t believe you’re at 81º while I’m sitting in front of the window looking at our last snow storm, and it’s real windy today, at around 42º. It is going to be much warmer in a few days, but we usually only get maybe one, unless it’s windy, before it snows again. Looking dry for the future this coming week though. Maybe I’ll get it up to add a new thread this year to drop pics. I’ll be watching you guys in the meantime! Happy spring! :cherry_blossom: :spider: :hibiscus: :beetle: :sunflower: :butterfly: :rose: :honeybee: :ear_of_rice: :microbe: :four_leaf_clover: :v:

9 Likes

Been 65f here in the uk today believe it or not. Got a feeling April onwards will be epic. Hoping on 2 outdoor auto runs this year. I really should stagger planting really and harvest weekly instead of all at once. :thinking:

8 Likes

It’s the first time I’ve seen the compost tea bags in person. I’ve seen them online and they are always sold out. Luckily my favorite nursery had them. I’m pretty stoked on the find.

I had such a crap day at my clients that I haven’t even checked out the helmet heads of this morning or looked at the babies yet.

My problem last year was budrot. PM seemed more problematic when I had to bt spray in flower.

4 Likes

So, I’m kinda in a conundrum. I started 2 seeds for my protoge, from here on out I’ll refer to him as Ky. Anyway one was Northern lights the other rainbow Kush. The NL has the helmet head and one of the rainbow Kush didn’t come up. Now, both of these strains are indica dominant and he is much farther inland than me and got heavy rain last year. I worry that these strains even for an advanced grower outside will be really challenging let alone his climate and limited experience. Maybe I should choose different strains for him.

On my side, my blue dream at this moment looks iffy still halfway in the soil with clear helmet head. I believe it is my last seed. @SamwellBB wants his devil’s tit x ma milk tested which will replace my rainbow Kush in the ground, but that means I have an empty spot should the blue dream fail. My problem here is deciding if I should germ a different fem seed I have or go with regs of the gg4 ril’s or the Sunshine Daydream BX I have. I wonder how dominant the indica is on the gg4 which could require early harvest on a short plant. I would rather do larger hybrids in the ground with trellis support so I don’t know.

Any thoughts here, friends?

10 Likes

@Esrgood4u what do you know about the charging rhino freebie. Is it more sativa Dom?

2 Likes

Tease the helmet off the NL @Meesh. I’ve found if I wet them then go back an hour or two later they come off easier. I understand your worries about indica leaning plants but over here the humidity is stupid high and I can easily make it well into October before I see any kind of bud rot. Loosing a plant is also a part of growing. Your protégé maybe needs to feel that feeling we’ve all had at some point during our grows. :v:
I guess the mom feelings are coming out :v:

6 Likes

No idea @Meesh. I’m assuming it’s a white rhino cross??

1 Like

Oh totally, he is young enough to be my child. However, he is also a veteran and has PTSD, so I want him to be pretty successful as the cannabis is very therapeutic for him.

6 Likes

I’ll look it up. Almost forgot. The NL may be surgically successful. I did spray it with water twice today, but it just looks wonky and I’m pretty iffy on it making it through. I will try though

5 Likes

Yeah I understand BUT once he finds his feet he’ll be on his own I’d rather you was there with him when shit doesn’t work out. Next time plant the seeds a little deeper and you shouldn’t have this issue. Tell him good luck. I plan on feminising a couple of strains this year so I’ll make sure he gets some via you later in the year. Your doing an amazing thing helping him out like you are :heart:

2 Likes

Whose grown GG 4? Can anyone tell me what the bud structure and stretch is like on it?

3 Likes

Me :rofl: 20 characters

1 Like

Stretch 2x. Small compact Buds. No big Cola like we are used to. Still be careful for bud rot as the Buds are tight and sticky

2 Likes

Okay, so container. Won’t get too big. Maybe I’ll do 2 container grows then and start the ssddbx cuz that plant helps my pain immensely for the blue dream ground spot

2 Likes

Yeah they don’t grow huge. I’ve grown it maybe 3x and never got taller than my body height. I’m 5.11

2 Likes

Okay, I feel like the trellises should be put to their best use for the largest plants.

1 Like