Meesh's Garden of Weeden 2022

They all look awesome :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Oh yeah, that is a nice looking plant too!

She clipped the flowers off because she thought that leaving the flowers would cause the plant to die. Like once the flowers happened the plant would see that as a signal that the life cycle was over, time to die haha. Is that not the case, will they flower then continue to grow after? So on the couple that have thrown flowers she has let them go long enough to see what they look like, then snipped em.
She only started being interested and collecting them earlier this year, so it’s her first time experiencing any of this.

4 Likes

No. Only Sempervivums aka hens and chicks and a few types of agaves get death blooms. the rest of them can bloom away.

4 Likes

Ahhh good to know. She also has a sempervivum so thank you for pointing that out as well! :+1:

She is still enamored by your head planters btw, as am I. :+1:

2 Likes

Sour diesel is budding along with gg4 ril

Today’s pic… Love Fire

SSDDBX

21 Likes

Hi @Meesh , I just finished my 2nd run of gg4 RIL and they will definitely need support on the tops. I had 2 layers spaced at 12 inches. The 1st net placed at the start of stretch and the 2nd 12in’s above that and still had a few floppy branches above that. Looking real nice this season. Have fun!!
Grace and Peace

3 Likes

I’d be playing giant jenga with them once I was high :rofl:

5 Likes

@Esrgood4u I’m actually gonna buy a real giant jenga and a cornhole set for back there. Those are kinda rough on the edges and you would have to pull them all apart first. Doubt you could get a perfect fit. I totally got the jenga vibe off of them too. lol They are probably gonna become a succulent planter bench combo. :smile:

@iggypuffs Dad kinda rigged a trellis system for it. If need be I plan to tie branches to the other trellises that the container sits between. I’ll take some pics so you can see what I mean. Is it me or have your ril’s been easy peasy to grow? The least finicky plant ever. Lol

10 Likes

So, you can see how the Gg4 ril is in between 2 of the trellised plants (SSDD BX and Cheese to be exact) and the wooden trellis layers Dad added on to help. If need be l can use string and tie the budding lowers to one of the other trellis frames if need be and dad rigged two layers on top

Today’s plant pics are…

Bubble gum

Chemdawg

Both Bubble gum and Chemdawg are over 6 feet

19 Likes

For my records… Cheese is budding.

8 Likes

Sour diesel

Grape ape

Huge.

24 Likes

Cheese

Jack Herer

C99

28 Likes

Still cleaning up, but we just got our new pergola set up. :heart_eyes::partying_face::+1:

21 Likes

Nice fire pit .

3 Likes

Very nice patio!

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

Theyre actually a member of the corvid family :sunglasses: I know this is a little late but I’m slowly catching up on your thread lol

2 Likes

Carnevale di Venezia morning glory

Also as a follow up, my wife said she knew about the death blooms etc, those flowers came from a plant that she got a recently as a bare root cutting, and wanted the plants energy to go to roots, not flowers.
Shows what I know lol.

8 Likes

Collecting different morning glories is as addictive as collecting cannabis seeds. The same goes for passionflowers, tomatoes, peppers and basil.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone! We kept buying those cheap temporary shade tents with the blue tarps and the sun and wind just kill them within a few months. This pergola is a cheapy too, but is meant to be up permanently. I love it. The fire pit was a diy. We dug it out bought the fire pit ring and stole a bunch of sand from the beach and lava rocks from the railroad tracks to make the heat disperse more evenly. lol. Cheap mofos but we try.

It’s heavenly inside the net right now. All the tiny little buds starting and delicious smells. The gg4 ril tiny buds are already frosting up! Unreal. Sour diesel smells like lime juice. Grape ape is the super reeky one that you can smell across the yard. The love fire has the funkiest and weirdest and most wonderful smell to me so far. It’s hard to describe, but I know it’s my favorite smell this year. She is one serious beast of a plant too. Leafy, branchy at she has the fattest main stem and her and the SSDDbx went in the ground last.

Sitting under the new pergola sipping a latte. My man cleaned up the garden. I’m admiring the work. It looks nice aside from the spring plants dying back and everything else I need to prune. Everything is growing like a weed. Just noticed the belladonna coming up. 3 bulbs so far. They are super old. My Gramps planted them at least 20 years ago. The patch that multiplied is huge. I’m not froggy :frog: enough to divide them yet. Nervous.

17 Likes

That morning glory is beautiful! I used to have an assortment. Now it’s just the white/purple ones. I pulled out over 100 volunteer seedlings from my back planters this year and eradicated them but still have them in the front planter. They try to take over my garden. I love them and let a few live. :laughing:

@Herrsquidward I have flower seeds like crazy!!! I throw flower seeds around my yard like confetti :confetti_ball:

8 Likes