I hope there isn’t a male appendaged shaped one with spines :rofl:
Yeah I best stop now or I’ll get a ban :rofl:

4 Likes

Yes! I have one a penis cactus

9 Likes

:rofl: ffs. It’s just the tip though luckily. STOP GIVING ME AMMUNITION :rofl:

4 Likes

Yes, it’s small now, but it grows. :wink:

There is no point in buying these things if I can’t fun with them, either as fodder or a conversation piece. Have at it! :grin:

7 Likes

So, found about 4 caterpillars on jack and Cindy. Cut off a couple pieces of bud. Even with the net a few moths still find their way in. Without it I’d be crazy spraying with bt every week and picking off hundreds instead of 4. Still frustrating though. I hate them. Almost out of juice on my phone

A few random pics until I charge…

Angel wing begonia flowers. Can’t remember what the plant in front is called

Elephant bush

16 Likes

That pink leaved tropical plant partially shown above is so cool. I’ve actually had it for years now. I think people typically grow them more tall and less bushy, but I accidentally topped it twice with the hose when it was a baby. I wish I could remember what the plant was called so I could buy another one. It actually flowers but they are kinda lame. Sorta like coleus or something, this plant’s leaves are the showcase. The polka dot leaves on the begonia aren’t slouches either. Unique and so cool.

7 Likes

The trichomes also protect from frost. Evolution sure follows some interesting paths.

1 Like

That does look like coleus. I’ve seen it around, but still have no idea what it is. Speaking of coleus, I have a small jungle of it right now. The wife and I germinated a pack of seeds and planted cuttings (coleus is so easy to propagate!) anywhere and everywhere we thought it would look cool. I don’t know why, but we have a few whose leaves are more than 20 (closer to 30) cm wide. Do you know what causes that?

1 Like

Port Wine Cheese is

GOOD :heart:

3 Likes

Could be this one? icon_e_confused|nullxnull

https://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/205749/#b

5 Likes

It sure is! Thank you! They have it listed as full sun and so did the plant tag but it doesn’t like full sun at all

3 Likes

I think it is just the variety. I’ve had an all black and all red varieties with huge leaves and others that were small and serrated.

1 Like

Awesome…now I know what I found in my yard… :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Aloha :call_me_hand: :hugs:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Was gonna put this on the animal thread but…

Found these folks this morning :call_me_hand:

Aloha friends

19 Likes

Looks a lot like our Carolina Anole :slight_smile:

They change colors!

10 Likes

That’s awesome you got wild day geckos :blush:

4 Likes

Agree, where i live all the other nasty stuff eats them. If i see one it’s running for it’s life.

4 Likes

Aww! @cannabissequoia and @HorseBadorites they are so cute! I had a desert iguana as a kid. Lana. Lana the Iguana :smile: She was huge!

I also went to an entire island a “Cay” actually in Turks and Caicos that was only inhabited by Iguanas. It was so bitchen the iguanas turned colors to match the environment… so the bottom half on some matched the sand and they would have a line down the middle with turquoise on the top to match the ocean. They were protected and very large.

10 Likes

Gold dust day gecko - Wikipedia.

3 Likes

:+1: yep

I’ve thought about using their color scheme for painting my house exterior :grin:

Green for the main/siding & trim with the other colors :art:

11 Likes