Meesh's Garden of Weeden 2022

My crown of thorns plants looking good. Leaves growing back in after dormancy

Killed 2 gardenia bushes in the last 4 years and 1 that never did anything but survive then for some weird reason the gardener hit it with the weed Wacker. Completely pissed me off, but anyway I had another one in my cart yesterday and then this Arabian Jasmine jumped out at me with it’s kick ass fragrance, low sun requirement and it’s mounding vs vining habit and suddenly I thought screw you gardenia this Jasmine may actually perform

Progress on the Echeverias. I love succulent flowers! Some folks just cut them and focus on the leaves. Not me. I welcome them.

I checked on the girls but it’s still so hot and muggy and with the off and on showers, I looked down and had 2 skeeters sucking on my leg. I’m staying inside after that. Plants can all fend for themselves. lol

16 Likes

Cool! Again you teach me WTF is growing in my yard (crown of thorns) :crown: …there’s three of them. :sweat_smile: Pics later… they need weeding

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

THAT Cindy just might be GOOD :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Looks like Jack and Cindy really enjoy the heat, two of my favorites from your garden this year, besides all the succulents. Hope the ash stops falling soon and the heatwave subsides. We are already half way through hurricane season and haven’t had anything remotely close, praying that we get through without a visit.

4 Likes

Advice request people! So fires have rained massive ashes onto all the girls and the rain wasn’t hard enough to rinse it off. Just enough to paste it all on the leaves. Since all this crap blocks the stomata of the leaves effectively slowing photosynthesis is it worth the risk of me hosing down all of these budding plants? Bud rot is a great fear :fearful:

4 Likes

All I can suggest is hose them all down then maybe put a leaf blower over them. :v:

4 Likes

Possibly a big fan after you wash them could help , going to be a big job cleaning and drying them it sounds.

4 Likes

You could maybe physically wipe each leaf down to remove the layer??? Time consuming.

2 Likes

No way. On 10 mostly 8 footers? Plus most is bud leaf now.

It’s still warm. Maybe hose them in time for the sun to dry them and shake them out really good after???

6 Likes

Dad just showed up to set up the tent fans. Maybe turn them on after as well

5 Likes

The earliest buds are week 7

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan. If the Ash isn’t wet maybe blow them off before soaking them @Meesh

2 Likes

Too bad you didn’t have a airless paint sprayer a strong fine mist would probably work well and not totally soak them . That is what I use for ipm sprays .

3 Likes

The ash was caked on. Air alone wouldn’t do it. We just hosed them all really good, got on the ladder and everything. We shook the shit out of the plants. It’s easy to shake the PVC, shakes the whole plant. They were just caked with nastiness from those fires. Anyway, fans are set-up now. It’s 2:30 pm here. I’m going to let them run until sundown and it’s 86 degrees with a breeze as well. Hopefully it dries the buds out enough without getting any rot. Fingers crossed

9 Likes

You should be fine I’d say.

4 Likes

Some kind of poetic curse from the heavens. :thinking: that god dude is a smoker. :rofl:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

It seems like everything is drying nicely. By the time the sun goes down I’m confident they will be back to normal. The plants themselves even seem happier clean. I just have to remember to go out and fix that fan timer at dark.

10 Likes

Any reason you couldn’t run the fan overnight if they aren’t dry by then?
Sounds like everything will be ok though,
Been trying to catch up in this thread, you grow some mighty fine plants!

5 Likes

This ASSHAT:

:rofl:

:evergreen_tree: I tried to pick the ugliest pic, just for you @Meesh :rofl:

3 Likes

It’s been 4 months since I’ve had a cig. Ain’t gonna lie, I miss it so much

15 Likes