Meesh's Garden of Weeden 2022

I’m not sure if this album should come with a leather jacket or vice-versa? :sweat_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Alright so I wanna cry. Woke up took down the ssddbx got an hour into trimming it then the sun came up. Once we had very strong light we realized quickly that it was riddled with pm. Had to trash the whole plant.

It’s still early and overcast, I grabbed the flashlight and the ladder and got up close on the chemdawg and it’s ruined too. Chopping and trashing it now. Super bummed. Waaaaaaaaaa!

Throwing out baseball bat sized colas. Fucking heart wrenching

12 Likes

That’s terrible sorry for your loss . Is there not something you can make from it if it was washed ?

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that :pensive:, plants outdoor are more rewarding regarding taste and production but sometimes you’ve got to pay the price… eek|nullxnull

2 Likes

We already washed it. It had so much on the bud leaves etc… it didn’t feel safe to me. Just not worth the risk. I’m kicking myself for not taking those 2 plants early

7 Likes

Pm bud is bad tastes terrible you did the right thing

Really sorry to hear that I know how much you were looking forward to those

Damn it

4 Likes

Honestly, I didn’t pay close enough attention to them since we took the others down. I watered them and kinda checked for bud rot, but the last few days I’ve been out with the man for extended bday shenanigans and our staycation. We should have just took them last week early with the love fire. I got greedy and wanted to squeeze an extra week of bud fattening out of them.

6 Likes

Sorry about that Meesh. Big hug for ya !!

Sam

3 Likes

Definitely a shame. :frowning: Can’t you salvage it somewhat by doing an alcohol-based extraction though? Certainly isopropyl should sterilize the PM, if nothing else… could probably make a nice batch of edibles from all that, once all is said and done.

2 Likes

Couldnt wash the heck out of it and process it for bubble hash??

3 Likes

Luckily I got a huge yield on the cheese, love fire and sour diesel. Just can’t give as much away this year. Bummed I have no pain meds cuz the ssddbx is gone.

4 Likes

We are kinda cavemen over here and don’t know how to do extractions or have the setup.

I asked the guys about doing hash and they felt uncomfortable with all that mold.

8 Likes

At the most basic level, you just soak the bud in isopropyl alcohol, filter it out and let the alcohol evaporate off… honestly not sure about the cost-benefit on that for an outdoor grower on the West Coast though. The isopropyl’s not incredibly cheap, and I guess pounds of mildewy weed probably are around this time of year. :stuck_out_tongue: It’s probably not worth it unless you could reclaim the isopropyl, at which point you’re getting into a kinda complicated setup.

2 Likes

bummer… with wet autumns here, PM and botrytis are almost a given outdoors to some extent.

But to get hit when you’re not expecting it? oofff… my condolences @Meesh

4 Likes

I’m comforting myself with the reminder that I had 8 other good plants. I did the extra container grow this year. Normally I would have had 9 plants total. So I’m not too bad off. I’ll still have enough to get us through the year.

11 Likes

I’d try a food grade alcohol like 100 proof home brew never was a fan of iso.

7 Likes

If you catch pm early you can harvest it and usually just peroxide wash, but this had gotten all into the bud leaf and the bud. Looks like it went a few days.

5 Likes

I’ve dealt with it in late August outdoors. I wanna say the advice was baking soda in water and foliar spray, and I’ll be damned if by mid september it wasn’t all gone. But they were barely flowering yet, and werent pulled till late october.

You got hit in the proverbial balls… Right at the critical stage :frowning:
At least ya got enough, and ya did the “extra” :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve had a bit here or there over the years that just barely hit some regular leaves or a few bottom branches. So bud could be saved. This is only the 2nd time I had to trash a whole plant. If I don’t feel 100% comfortable with it, I’m certainly not going to carry through and give it to Dad and my man to smoke either. Just didn’t feel right. The amount of pm was at a scary level imo.

11 Likes

I’ve been happy with the Dr Zymes sprayed flower. :man_shrugging: (citric acid, yeast, etc)

You’ll need a lot more concentrate than me though with the giants & all.

The light has to be intense for me to catch stuff too…bought a headlamp for trimming :sweat_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes