Meesh's Winter Greenhouse Grow

Ya iv used them with good success I have basil and more lupines in some right now

1 Like

Why is that?? ā€¦

1 Like

Do I soak the pellets first or something? Then when they sprout, I just plant the whole thing pellet and all correct?

2 Likes

If one looks at the regulations more closely they probably need grown in a green house with a lockable door or something similar :rage:

2 Likes

City ordinance, no outside growing. Goes back to the original medical where cities were able to put theiur own restrictions on. Thank God for La Habra, Whittier and Anaheim, cause they wonā€™t even let dispensaries in Brea, or any commercial grows.

3 Likes

Ya u need to expanded them I pour hot water over them and let them expand then pop the seed in them when you see roots they can go into the next stage

3 Likes

Yeah, I know that they are suppose to be out of view and locked. Mine arenā€™t locked but I have a fence and gate etcā€¦ Since itā€™s my property and I shut the gate, I figure that means locked as someone would be trespassing if they went back there without permission. Thatā€™s my story and Iā€™m sticking to it. lol

4 Likes

Thatā€™s some serious bs! Always some damn loophole to our freedom.

2 Likes

Can I stick them in the sun? Or do they need darkness? Iā€™ve always germed everything outside. Now Iā€™m uestioning myself

2 Likes

If you wanted to use those pellets immediately Iā€™d take it planted and plant it into you soil that s flush with the soil thereā€™s not much volume on them and would have a tendency to dry out really quick if it had a root and dried out game over of course wet the surrounding soil well also cause you wouldnā€™t want the plug to be loosing moisture to the surrounding area

2 Likes

I could just sprout them in the house with a dome lid in the kitchen, I get good indirect sun there and warmth. Was just trying to avoid the whole hardening off process and turning my kitchen into a greenhouse lolā€¦ I have a really small house and really big yard.

Or old school, baggie and paper towels on top of the fridge then put them in outside starters.

Iā€™m hurting my own head worrying over some damn seeds. lol

6 Likes

me too :laughing: on all accounts

Iā€™d do that.

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Dude, you always get a chuckle outta me. I appreciate that in a human. :wink:

3 Likes

Shit! I totally forgot that I won those Super Lemon Haze seeds too. Decisions Decisionsā€¦ smh Who knows when those will show up thoughā€¦ Still canā€™t believe that I won.

5 Likes

Paper towel and baggie till they throw tails then go plant them directly, soiless mixes donā€™t really go bad, sure they break down or could have a bacteria issue, and need to be replenished nutrient wise unless hand feeding.

As for jiffy pellets, they work but tend to stay too wet or go dead dry if your not watching them somewhat. Also their fabric outside mesh doesnā€™t really break down and is best to cut that away when planting, as i have see it hinder roots on many a plants

10 Likes

I remove the outside mesh upon transplanting, as well. There are two types of mesh they use, one is more of a fabric and the other is some sort of woven plastic. The fabric version is a PITA, are not very good for the roots, and are hard to remove. The woven plastic ones are no problem and are more forgiving on the roots.
Of course, there is no indication on the box on which ones you might have and you kinda have to know before hand. The fabric type is difficult to cut with scissors.

Have yet to have an issue with too much moisture for germ/establishment. You really only soak them on the initial expansion. Warm, plain tap water. From then on, small amounts of water when they look like they (the pellet) needs it while adjusting the cover to allow increased circulation/lower humidity as they become established.

5 Likes

definitely just some throw the expanded pellets in those 1020 or ā€œjiffyā€ starter trays and leaving water in the tray.

5 Likes

Am I correct to assume that if I use them, I will have to harden the sprout off before I plant it in the garden?

2 Likes

If I just do paper towel, I can just plant them immediately in the garden right?

2 Likes

Yes or be cruel like me and burn them. :thumbsup:

start slow & add more time quick ā€¦ i.e. 5 min., 15, 60, & weā€™re off! :race_car: :rabbit2:

itā€™s about trying to make the temperatureā€™s as close as possible for the transplant; iā€™ve seen rapid temp changes make a mature plant look like it got roundupā€™ed.

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes