Meesh's Winter Greenhouse Grow

http://www.tetrachemicals.com/Products/Agriculture/Chloride_-_An_Essential_Element.aqf

3 Likes

You have a mammoth Pā€¦ too much info :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Iā€™ll put some pics of mine in the ā€œwhat other plants to you haveā€ section tomorrow. Iā€™m going to finish my garden off tomorrow after my dinner, after my nanna nap :sweat_smile:
Iā€™ve been putting of doing it for ages, I went round yesterday and did a bit what I thought would take agesā€¦in 10 mins :slight_smile: I felt great afterwards.
Iā€™m going to crack on with it this year though get it how I keep visioning it in my head, well try anyways :slight_smile:

5 Likes

And Iā€™ll pop down on a Sunday and give you a hand :+1:

2 Likes

:joy: [benevolent asshole mode]

Iā€™ll come back when youā€™re not contagiousā€¦

:evergreen_tree: hope you get better. avoid walmart.

4 Likes

I like the H2O2 Idea Iā€™d go with a concentration of 1.5% so diluted 50/50 with water. I like using that on my shower tile cleaning clears up soap scum and mildew pretty well.

4 Likes

Hadnā€™t thought of that! Now iā€™ll have to try it to get away from CLR

2 Likes

Ya itā€™s great stuff I have bought the 30% stuff at the grow shop and make my own dilutions usually down to 3% much cheaper that way but wear your PPE with this stuff very corrosive shit think I calculated that the one gallon of concentrate make about 15 gallons of normal 3% ā€¦ ya I prewet the grout/tile spray in 5-10 minutes then rinse you can do a light scrub and it gets it really clean!

4 Likes

So, itā€™s going really slow out there. Iā€™ve got one DD thatā€™s completely out of itā€™s shell and up. Another DD thatā€™s completely up, but standing there with a complete seed head. The 2 fem mixes are iffy. They are curled at the soil line still with their heads in the dirt. Not sure if they will make it. Iā€™ll keep watching them, if they donā€™t pop Iā€™ll just proceed with the 2 dark devils. Iā€™ll give yā€™all some pics when there is something actually happening out there. The most exciting stuff in the greenhouse right now has nothing to do with the cannabis referred to in this thread. We have had a few days of cold, gray and rainy. So greenhouse has been warmer than outside, but not exactly as warm as it was. The cold is probably slowing down the process.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve done a few winter greenhouse grows out in the forest but as you can see with the photo this is the only time the plants didnā€™t flower during winter. They just slowly grew throughout winter and started to flower in spring then revegged and flowered again at the end of the season

10 Likes

So the 2 dark devils are up

The fem mixes are still stuck like thisā€¦

10 Likes

If you have ants in your pants then bring the seedlings inside to warm upā€¦ or at least overnight. Actually get the ants out first. :thinking:

:smile:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Iā€™m not entirely convinced the fem mixes are gonna do anything more than thisā€¦ Iā€™m going forward with my Mammoth P experiment on the DDā€™s regardless. As soon as first true leaves emerge one will get itā€™s first inoculation with it. Iā€™m not ready to throw the babies out yet. I can be patient, I have other types of seeds coming up in the greenhouse randomly right now that I go in and stare at. lol

6 Likes

When the seed husk is stuck like that, I like to give it a good spray of RO water. Sometimes I will gently remove the shell and the membrane. I call it helmet head. :grin: If you do nothing, the seed will not make it.

10 Likes

I agree, without intervening and removing the seed casing the sprout will likely damp off, or stretch for light until it falls over.
I often see seeds sprout with the shell still partially attached or with the cotyledons still encased in the membrane. in this case I gently split the membrane with my fingernail, or gently roll it off. if the seed shell is still intact, I gently pry it open until it pops off.

7 Likes

Itā€™s a very delicate procedure for sure done it several times myself makes me feel like a neuro surgeon when all said and done!

10 Likes

I performed surgery with a tweezer. Iā€™m very iffy on them still, one had a tiny tap root that was basically just laying on top of the soil. I took the helmet off and lightly tucked the tap into the soil. Their heads are still hard balls without the helmets. I donā€™t have too much hope. Although, the soil is nice and warm in the greenhouse. They can stay in there for awhile though. Iā€™ll give them some LITFA and see. Not like they are taking up tons of space or anything.

7 Likes

Give them a spritz, it sounds like the membrane is still on it.

5 Likes

Iā€™ll spritz them with some distilled water. Okay spritzed! I think one is a lost cause. The other is a maybe. Time will tell

2 Likes

Itā€™s been about 4 hours, looks like one is starting to slowly unfurl her little cotyledons. Sheā€™s like a little preemie baby! I am tempted to bring her in the house overnight, but feel I will be cheating my greenhouse experiment if I do. So, everyone rally for the baby! LIVE preemie LIVE! The other one is so close to the soil that I canā€™t even see it right now with the low lighting I have in the dark greenhouse. If she dies, I will have no comparison for the Mammoth on this strain, but I will dose the one that lives, maybe that will help her thrive after a slow and rocky start. We will have a comparison on the Dark Devils though.

5 Likes