Meesh's Winter Greenhouse Grow

XXXX Fingers Crossed XXXX

3 Likes

Preemie fem mix looking like sheā€™ll make it.

Dark Devils chugging along

12 Likes

Iā€™ve used a tooth pick or two to gently pry if moisture doesnā€™t do the trick.

3 Likes

Looking greatā€¦Iā€™m terrible at postingā€¦getting betteršŸ˜€.

3 Likes

The preemie is still looking pretty yellow, but sheā€™s hanging in. My guess is since she got stuck in the shell she didnā€™t utilize the stored nutrients very well. I think sheā€™ll recover. The next watering I will be giving them their first inoculate dose of Mammoth P. I donā€™t even have a measuring utensil for how small the dosage is. 1/8 a tsp for 1 gallon. I have some eye droppers, guess I will just put a drop or 2 in as those babies wonā€™t even drink a gallon between the 3. I can always throw the leftover in some of the flowers, couldnā€™t possibly hurt them. Got the new formula sample bag of Megacrop today. Itā€™s an even bigger sample this time too. Like a lb 10 oz for just shipping cost. Like 6 bucks! Score!

9 Likes

Is this a new or different MegaCrop formulation? Or is that the date of manufacture? :laughing:

That Potassium value seems too high, but then again so do I.

:thinking:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

This is the new formula

3 Likes

The preemie is looking pretty ugly on her coloration and she has a hole in the leaf. This one ought to be interesting! Most people would probably just pull it out and move on, but this is all an experiment grow for me so letā€™s wait it out and see what happens. May win an ugly plant award. Lol

Look who came out to say hello. My first worm sighting since I put them out. Just inching up the greenhouse door. Lotā€™s of cardboard in there itā€™s probably trying to get to.

7 Likes

Sometimes ā€œugly ducklingsā€ turn into magnificent birds.

I have had more than a few stunted runts turn into superior plants.

Best of luck!

9 Likes

Where has @HappyHemper been? Please tell me he didnā€™t cut something else off since the accidental groin stab.

5 Likes

According to my readingā€¦ this applies to all ā€œcontainerā€ plants. This is the theory I am growing byā€¦ All seeds contain just enough nutrients to nourish the plant until the first set of true leaves appears. If you use a soilless mix to sprout or grow then plants must be fed at start of first true leaves manually and continuously weekly thereafter. If you use a potting soil either if transplanting at seedling or from germ then you will already have enough nutrients for approx 3 to 4 weeks before you need to feed them.

Any thoughts on this growers?

6 Likes

Lol cut my haze off :slight_smile:

Itā€™s been busy over here. Changes at work, long hours. My kid went for surgery last Friday (all good, planned and now completed and recovering well), lotsa things around the house broke, been fixingā€¦ Just busy as all getup; hopefully will quiet down in a few weeksā€¦

Fighting decay every day :wink:

6 Likes

Agree 100%, I feed from the first set onwards, pretty much full strength. Iā€™m in coco, so about EC1.2 from then onwards, upping to 1.6 peak growth and flower.

6 Likes

Nice!

Itā€™s all good! Just checking on you. You know just enough to be dangerous! :laughing:
Glad everything went well with the surgery! Well wishes for a speedy recovery.
I completely understand. I too have left the crazy train station and am heading to psychosis town. Tax time for this Accountant. Working until 8 or 9 every night. Still have 3 months to go and Iā€™m already tired. lol Eh, make a lot of dough however, so Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll live. I can sleep when Iā€™m dead.

4 Likes

I imagine it is super busy. My accountant called today to remind me to get the shit in to him early :wink: he knows me wellā€¦

5 Likes

Mmm Hmmā€¦ I send lotā€™s of emails about peopleā€™s shit lol I only do corporations though. Thank dog!

4 Likes

Sounds about rightā€¦If I donā€™t want to mess with mixing a soil from scratch, iā€™ll use a lightly amended soil like Mother Earth Groundswell then just topdress with my rock powders and meals so when it fizzles out, the topdressings take over

5 Likes

Ms. Wormy is having trouble finding the darkā€¦ if you need a ā€œtoolā€ to move themā€¦try a plastic fork or a chopstick. :thumbsup:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

I use ProMix which is basically inert, for all my veggies, herbs and flowers.
I start to feed the seedlings with first watering, and every watering thereafter.
Of course I start with very dilute fertilizer, and gradually increase the amount
of fertilizer, as the plants require.

5 Likes

Ya sort of depends whatā€™s in the mix to begin with plain peat/ coir then yes you will need to add nutrient/ ferts and such along the way or your going to have issues thatā€™s why companies such as Miricle grow puts time release granules in their mix to make it go further cause certain minerals hold very well in the media and others donā€™t they go right out the bottom when watering it all has to to with positive and negative charges thatā€™s why I believe something so easy as EWC has so much benefit in soilless media and from what ICR can last like 4-6x longer over conventional nutrients!

3 Likes