Meesh's Winter Greenhouse Grow

Go to a drug store and pick up some 3ml dosage syringes. FYI 1/8 teaspoon is roughly 0.6ml.

5 Likes

So, the ugly duckling and a dark devil got their first inoculation today. I just winged it and put a couple drops in with an eyedropper. Just saw your post @ReikoX. Iā€™ll pick one up for the future. They also got their first feed today. I am a paranoid and super light feeder, so since they are babies I just gave them some simple organic Kellogs fish, kelp & molasses fert at like 1/4 strength. Iā€™ll see how they do this week. Iā€™ll switch them to the new Megacrop later after transplant when they are more established and stronger. I had so much left over fert and mammoth P even at the small amount I mixed so I watered my flower and veggie sprouts with it. Seriously doubt it will hurt anything, itā€™s just a microorganism. Iā€™ll let you guys know if the other stuff goes crazy and roots out as well from the inoculation.

5 Likes

The ugly duckling

DD WITH P

DD

This one is kinda opening. May do something, but I doubt it

9 Likes

:joy: :joy_cat: :point_down: this one has tattoos & piercings!!! SoCal baby

:evergreen_tree:

10 Likes

Like @Calyxander said, the ugly duckling may very well turn into a beautiful swan! The babies are looking happy and well today after their first feed. It may be my imagination, but I think the helmet head ball of a sprout laying in the dirt is changing. Almost looks like itā€™s trying to open still. It has the will, not sure it has the strength. Itā€™s been almost 3 weeks since I popped these beans, seems the lack of sunlight in the winter makes the autos go incredibly slow. This unusual week straight of rain we are having is certainly not helping. Iā€™m hoping by the time they bud it will have warmed up to 70 degrees outside. I donā€™t expect a large yield like my summer autos. Iā€™m also incredibly curious to see if the roots have noticeable changes from the Mammoth P as Phosphorous affects root and flower. Big roots = Big buds??

4 Likes

Hey @Meesh have you been in those heavy rains in SOCAL? Any threats to property?

2 Likes

Itā€™s been raining for a week, but Iā€™m not in one of the mudslide areas that usually gets hit. I havenā€™t seen the news, but my guess is itā€™s Malibu (as usual), Topanga Canyon and the Hollywood Hills. Iā€™m pretty flat over here, no cliffs or mountains. Iā€™m by the beach but itā€™s not cliffs like Malibu, so itā€™s just wet. No destruction. Thanks for asking!

4 Likes

Iā€™m exhausted. Almost 6 pm and I still have a few hours of work that has to be done today. Tax season is a nightmare. I just want to plant more seeds to germ in my greenhouse for the spring dammit. None of this accounting shit that is my job. Maybe I should close down my business and move to Jamaica to be a hotel gardener. What a kick ass life that would beā€¦ dreaming of white sandā€¦

7 Likes

Do you need me to send you Skunk 91 and SSDD now OR continue to wait til DBHP, JS and TE is ready to be mailed out next month?

5 Likes

No. I was talking about flower seeds. Aside from the experimental greenhouse cannabis grow, my outdoor season isnā€™t until the end of may. I was hoping the Fems you are making will be here then when I can grow monster trees in my new designated mj beds. Thanks for the offer though!! Appreciate you!

4 Likes

Yeah, I had to wait til Jelly Pie was done though as I was already playing ring around the plants with a couple soloā€™s and a 2qtā€¦I am estimating April so you should have plenty of time for a late season crop :wink:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome! The new mj beds that Dad and I have been working on will fit 6 legal monster plants. These I will use all feminized seeds, but I will throw a few Regulars over in the veggie patch as well. That way Iā€™m assured to get my bud for Dad and I for the year and any bonus females that pop up will just be wellā€¦ a bonus! :smile:

3 Likes

Ugly duckling is starting to green up and swan

Dark Devils looking happy

6 Likes

@Meesh Iā€™m late but Iā€™m here. I like the idea of outdoor winter autos!! Keep up the killer work Buddy!

5 Likes

It finally stopped raining! Boy, it is hot as the devilā€™s dick in the greenhouse! Iā€™m wondering if I should roll up the door for a few hours and let it air out some?

4 Likes

Yeah, I thought it best to roll up the door and get some air flow. It was like Cancun in there with that humidity. Iā€™ll let them breathe until sundown

3 Likes

I know less about devildong than plastic greenhouses; mine hit 130F by mid-am(50s outside) in March the first time I did it. So YES! Get those leaves below 94F asapā€¦ if you have a harborfreight tools or similar get an infrared thermometer(works like a laser pointerā€“extra bonus: pet toy!)ā€¦ Theyā€™re cheap-ish(i.e. i have one :grin:) .

Consider getting an extension cord out to it & put an oscillating fan in on low or whatever is gentler. I think about 82F air temp is something like the upper ideal temperature range for happy vegā€™inā€¦(here comes the debate).

:beach_umbrella: :sandal: :tropical_drink:

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

Nope! No fans or electronic tools out there! All experiment with just the greenhouse and the sun. Itā€™s about 80 in there now is my guess. The heat doesnā€™t concern me the humidity does. I think they will all be fine with the plastic door rolled up until sundown. It is still winter. Air will flow in and control the humidity. Itā€™s pretty dry everywhere else. So far no mold and everything is reaching for the sun even the ugly duckling is almost completely green now except the very edges of the leaves. It was hotter directly in the sun last summer. Letā€™s see what happens.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve got some other flower seedling in there like chamomile with more delicate leaves that are doing okay too, so Iā€™m using all the sprouts for judgement. Cannabis is pretty damn tough!

4 Likes

I just have to ask where you at that the greenhousevtemps are 80? Hereā€™s my temp today

6 Likes