Meesh's Winter Greenhouse Grow

Not a pro so take with a grain of saltšŸ˜€Sometimes I just stir the top a bit with a small instrument shallow (like running a cultivator in row crops) and add more soil to help support the stalk when small. My experience is that th stalk can be buried like a tomatoe plant when small.

5 Likes

It kinda looks like it was stretching for the sun. Not sure, but I turned the pot around. Maybe it will stretch back. lol

3 Likes

Stick a straw in it push it back straight next uppot bury it a couple inches deeper ,Iā€™ve had them lay right over and still make it had one put a loop in the stock wished Iā€™d taken a pic of her !

3 Likes

She should be okay until tmw right? They get fed tmw and I can mess with her then if it can survive. Itā€™s dark out there.

1 Like

Ya you can sleep worry free till tomorrow,just a thought for next time only fill the pot 3/4 then when it does that same lean and stretch you can bank it up with more dirt !

4 Likes

Sheā€™s got a bit of room still, I can probably add an inch to the pot. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yup! Scrape off that algae 1st :wink:

4 Likes

Yep It got really humid in there a few times. Too much LITFA. Iā€™ll keep a better eye on it too!

3 Likes

A plastic fork is handy for plowing your seedling farm :tractor:. A metal one could lose minute metal bits over time. :nerd: (:thinking: hmmm . is plastic really a btter soil ingredient?! sheesh). :microscope:

Play the role of nature & tap it a couple times a day to strengthen the stalkā€¦ or bury it deeper, thatā€™d be my choice.

For the truly fun, find some SpaceWorms from Momā€™s connection :wink: and create a mini plant support. :smile:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Even if left alone, floppy little seedlings, almost always, simply straighten themselves out.
They will have a quirky little bend at the base of their stem for life, but no worries

8 Likes

Ya know, there are mini rakes and shovels for bonsai gardening available :stuck_out_tongue:

Just using what I have on hand :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Today was feed day. The fem mix and 1 devil got their 2nd dose of Mammoth P and all 3 got half strength fish fert. Iā€™m gonna switch to Megacrop once I get them up to a full dose of fish fert. Iā€™m always a chicken shit when it comes to babies and strong fertilizer.

Scraped off the algae, and added a handful of soil to all 3 pots. I raked the weird devil, used a straw and straightened her main stem out, but she is a crazy twister girl and although her stem is straight her leaf head in crooked and sideways still. Sheā€™ll probably straighten herself out with sunlight. If not, sheā€™ll make for interesting photos. I was too busy today to take pics.

On another noteā€¦ I donā€™t know if it was the week of rain or the kick ass amended soil I have out in the garden now, but I threw some leftover Mammoth P and fish fert in my pansies and the plants tripled in size and tripled the amount of flowers in one week. The Mammoth P may be a coincidence because I have no control group here, but damn if these plants donā€™t look like they took steroids! :laughing:

5 Likes

Too late! I used a butter knife. Had to scrape off the algae too. lol

3 Likes

Is it bad that I only look at my plants once a day? lol I used to go out and stare at my babies several times a day. Probably because Iā€™m so damn busy. Sofa King Tired!

7 Likes

Not at all. Thereā€™s a lot of times I may only look at mine when I feed them every 2-3 days but I check the little ones daily. LITFA works wonders.

7 Likes

Autos are all looking good. Looks like the one DD is straightening herself out. The Fem Mix is definitely a runt. @ReikoX were these autos generally pretty small or is it just because Iā€™ve got winter here? She adding leaves but is half the size of the Devils. Tried to take pics but the sun is hitting the greenhouse at an angle not conducive to pics at this moment. If I have time Iā€™ll snap some more this afternoon. No idea what the Mammoth P is doing on my test autos, but itā€™s not hurting them so thatā€™s all that matters at this moment.

4 Likes

Probably a little of both. They are on the small side too.

4 Likes

Totally weird spot on the DD without P. Looks like the leaf was skinned, best way to describe it. They look to me like they want a stronger feed now too! I think Iā€™ll start the Megacrop on Wednesday.
Anyhow, whatā€™s up with this leaf?

Sheā€™s straightening upā€¦ DD with P

Fem mix with P aka the swan

5 Likes

What should I use as a surfacant with neem oil? How early am I able to start it as a preventive on my seedlings? Anyone know? Organic peeps? @ReikoX @Tinytuttle @Sunvalley the ones I can think of right nowā€¦

4 Likes

Yucca comes to mind first not sure if aloe has saponins Iā€™d have to look that one up, my Jadam book has a wetting agent made with canola oil and potassium hydroxide basically soap , Iā€™d think a Castile soap would work as well ā€¦ soap nuts

4 Likes