Memories of life

Life sucks. I am sorry for your loss so long ago.

Your grandfather was clearly the real fucking deal. d8JBdDJ

11 Likes

Fun story about him:

He wanted a fly over the Pentagon with F-16s for the start of one of the Rolling Thunder events. He was given the Fleet Commander in charge contact information and reached out to him to coordinate. When he spoke to The Commander the first time, He wasn’t going to let it happen because there reserved only for the president and very adamant that it wasn’t going to happen. My grandfather replied to him and respectfully said ok then hung up. My grandfather called his contacts higher up , explained the ask and within an hour was told " Ted, you’re all set. Call back the commander to go over the details."

When the commander answered the second call his first words were " Who do you know? " :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
My grandfather said he didn’t answer that question, but just asked “Are we good?”

F-16s flew over the Pentagon.

13 Likes

These are probably the oldest pictures that I have and they’re of my great grandparents. The first is great grands from my dad’s side, I never really got to know them. The other two are my mom’s side and I loved them and grew up with them. My mom’s grandpa was a boxer who competed in our local league and also as a pro in the Naval boxing league who passed from Alzheimer’s in 2015. His wife is 91 and currently suffering from early stage dementia but she’s just as happy and fun as she was through my whole childhood. As a 26 year old most of my fondest memories are from highschool and the years before Covid lol.

IMG_9471

23 Likes

All beautiful memories and photos.

I have just scooped up a couple photos that I have in my home framed

The oldest is my grandfather - Stanley - and my grandmother- Ann -.
I never met my grandfather as he passed when my father was a teenager .
This photo could be the 40s or 50s.
Out for a picnic

Next is my baptism . My father and mother and the priest .and myself
1987 I suppose !

18 Likes

There are some great memories shared here!
Thank you to all contributor’s for allowing us into your world……

10 Likes

This is my grandfather’s grandmother and her dog. We’re all animal lovers. She was born 1855.

19 Likes

Some more fond memories I dug up, newspaper clippings from public school. (The hockey ones are all in albums) my dad and me when I was about 6 when he was given his own ambulance base to run and we lived attached to it . My oldest sons birth notice , my best friend for 35+ years and my sons godfather with his beautiful babies. And myself, my wife, my oldest and my youngest very shortly after his birth still in the hospital

20 Likes

Wow what beautiful children you have!

3 Likes

My best buddies, definitely not so little anymore but my pride and joy without question. Thank you for your kind words @Oldjoints i love this thread idea. Thanks for thinking of it. :pray:t3:

7 Likes

those girls are so cute! and rotten by the look of it. and the little bitty baby burrito…

3 Likes

yolo_mAzgg__please_creditpalette.fm

10 Likes

yolo_FPU0Z__please_creditpalette.fm

10 Likes

I’m out of likes but seeing that you did this for them just literally warmed my heart @CocoaCoir much MUCH respect!

6 Likes

yolo_K1aOr__please_creditpalette.fm

9 Likes

You nailed it! Just like their momma! My little divas

4 Likes

Very cool!

4 Likes

“I remember that freshman kid doing inward flips in the school parking lot off the four stair” :grin:🫣

8 Likes

Love a good inward heel or Hardflip. Stairs and rails always scared me but transition not so much.

Mt. Hood, Oregon
A bunch of us took a trip out to Oregon to skate. Those parks out in the west are monsters. I’d love to go back one day before my knees are shot.

My local park. I was stoked to get the Bs Disaster on our big QP that day.

22 Likes

This was a day I will never forget. While in the navy the USS Belknap collided with the ship I was on and we fought fires for 12 hours on our ship and lost one life. The other ship lost 7 lives and this was their result:

Before collision:

After collision:

This was no little ship and I watched as it literally blew up and raged with fire. One of the scariest things I have ever seen!

24 Likes

yolo_wDZUm__please_creditpalette.fm

Is this what it looked like???

5 Likes