Mephisto crosses from BasementBeans, Blackstrap clone, first STS reversals

Got a pic of the female clone? I’m sure it’ll be fine. The reversed clone looks like it will drop pollen soon.

1 Like

Yes, here she is. I’m wondering about her. She looks funny. One time I put the reversed clone back in the tent before her sts dried. I hope the sts from the other one didn’t rub off onto her and cause her to reverse too.

Both

5 Likes

Looking good! Your timing will be fine. Hang on to some of the pollen and you can hit the others too!

3 Likes

Ok, I’m stressing out lol I didn’t even reverse one of yours bc I was so worried about these. But if this produces pollen, I may hit the strawberry nuggets, double grape, and Ewok. Depends on timing i guess. The blackstrap mom has a trunk at least 1” thick. Which is huge in these 3 gal pots lol probably the thickest I’ve personally grown. She’s superwoman. Strong is an understatement. She’s impervious :joy:

5 Likes

I have some containers I can use for the pollen but I can’t find my roll of screen anywhere. What’s your pollen collecting process?

1 Like

Yeah they’re looking great!

I use this method for collecting pollen

Even just hitting a few colas on the other plants will give you a few hundred seeds if you time it right.

2 Likes

How do you know the females are ready for pollination? What do you look for?

And you told me about the cupcake liners! That’s awesome! But how do you store it to make sure it stays viable

Edit: I just noticed I asked you about “collecting” instead of storing until I can use it :woman_facepalming::joy: sorry about that. I can’t get the right answers if I don’t ask the right questions :rofl: can it go directly in the freezer?

I mean your female is “ready” for pollination right now. I would wait for more white pistils before pollinating.

I don’t usually store pollen but yeah, it can go straight in the freezer. I know some people like to cook flour and mix it with the pollen, apparently helps it stay viable longer (can’t confirm, never tried).

5 Likes

Thanks for pointing this out! I have a reversal coming up soon and I was wondering what I would do.

1 Like

Looking dang good! Haven’t read through everything yet, but after skimming and looking at pics, you’re definitely on the right track. Gonna be fun to watch these girls make some seeds.

1 Like

Whoooo! Rick Flair don’t have shit on me right now :rofl: I saw a sac I thought was about to open, plucked it and planned on opening it and finding nothing like last time but there was pollen! Barely any but enough! Instead of wasting it, I tried to get it on that blackstrap clone beside it lol you will see it in one of the pics :joy: hopefully in the next couple days there will be more and I can really get to it :grin:

Blackstrap Clone1 (reversed)

Blackstrap Clone2 (looks weird but hopefully she’s still a female lol) rocking the tiniest bit of pollen that didn’t quite make it to her pistils :sweat_smile:

Clone source: Big Mama Blackstrap
(Too late to pollinate I’m guessing)

The 2 from @BasementBeans

Strawberry Nuggets x CDLC & (Double Grape x 3bog) x CDLC - both are starting to flower

And my Ewok x CDLC2 that I topped a couple days ago (1-15). First time I’ve topped an auto but I’m running out of space and couldn’t really get in there to stretch her out and she doesn’t have room to stretch anywhere anyways atm. She has exploded in the last 2 days. I guess she liked it :joy:

@Banquo @Oldtimerunderground @Qtip @Mr.Sparkle

14 Likes

heath-ledger-and-here-we-go

Looks like the magic is about to happen. Put that pollen to good use! :v:

5 Likes

Oooh boy… at least 30 have opened up. I went in there earlier after I posted that and started trying to throw cupcake liners around them :woman_facepalming: That’s way harder than it looks! Dude! :rofl::rofl: especially when they’re already busting everywhere and u have to be very gentle… I thought about throwing a garbage bag around the bottom of the trunk like a huge cupcake liner but was scared the pollen would stick to the sides bc of the static. So now I’m in there trying to pluck them off as they barely open, then I’ll use a strainer to separate the little flowers and let the pollen fall thru. I didn’t know she was going to explode all at once :grimacing::sob::sob: does she still need light lol I’m thinking about taking her ass out of there.

And I used some of the pollen already and dusted the hell out of that other clone. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: next steps? How many times do I need to do that?

5 Likes

She’s 26” tall and the other clone is almost 22” now. They are crazy. What have I done :rofl:

Check out my cupcake liner job :see_no_evil:

@BasementBeans :joy: I have definitely learned a lesson. Next time I will only have the tops of each branch and strip everything below them. Then! I can get the cupcake liners on and mind my own business.

10 Likes

Lmao that’s quite the pollen party you’ve got going there! Yeah you really only need a top or two.

I’m sure you can move it somewhere else now that it’s bustin’ fat nuts all over the place. Might be a good idea to wait a day or two and dust it again.

5 Likes

This is classic; I can just see this going down like a sitcom…I love Lucy at the chocolate factory style!

1 Like

Looking great @hollyho!! :grinning:

3 Likes

Thanks guys!

“Busting fat nuts” alright :face_with_raised_eyebrow: It did it for about 6-8 hrs then stopped lol i was glad too. I wasn’t even thinking of it as real pollen. My eyes were super dry and I’m pretty sure I snorted quite a bit of it :woman_facepalming: Had to take a break, pop an allergy pill, rinse my head out, and rethink my strategy lol

I put the pollen that I collected on some parchment paper in a small box with rice in the bottom. Saw it on the internet :woman_shrugging: so as it’s dropping pollen, I’m using some and collecting the rest for (hopefully) later use.

6 Likes

And here you were, like 24-ish hours ago, worrying you wouldn’t have pollen :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

(SN x CDLC) x blackstrap has a nice ring to it :wink:

4 Likes