Mephisto Genetics

I’m very pleased with my STS run with Blood Orange Haze and I went as follows:

Start plant to be sprayed.

3 weeks in, I did 2 things: I started soaking the seedling in STS every 2-3 days & started the seeds to be pollinated.

I ended up spraying for a few weeks and the plant was a mass of male flowers! I don’t recall when I stopped but it was blatant.

Best of success @sprinklememaynee !

4 Likes

Thank you! How many nodes were there when you started to spray? I dont want to start too early, I had waited before until pistils developed, but that may have been too late.

2 Likes

No idea. Didn’t matter to me after consulting with @Mr.Sparkle who suggested what I ended up doing and now I’m not gonna deviate after the success of this run (so far lol).

My thoughts are that by applying STS this early you ensure the entire plant is reversed, and thusly you’re working with new growth that already has this trait versus forcing the change on pre-existing growth.

I’ve had success with photo plants every time doing STS but this round was next level considering the small scale of the plants by comparison with the much larger photo period reversals!

3 Likes

Okay perfect! Off I go to start soaking :slight_smile: Thanks for the tips friends. Hopefully I will have some Aunt Ginny’s Elixir and Cannacheese beans to spread around here shortly.

3 Likes

Awesome man! I have both of these as well. Good luck on the reversal!

1 Like

I started to spray at first site of white hairs {day 26} for a total of four times. Entire plant hit with sts on day 1-4-8-12. She produced well :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

This probably belongs here.

7 Likes

Anyone had any issues with germ from mephisto packs? the ratio of success is much lower than I have ever experienced on this pack of Aunt Ginny’s Elixir. Somewhat dissappointing to see only 2 sprout from the 5 pack.

I think my technique is not to blame, as I have popped about 100+ beans in the past two months and have around 80-90% success on beans that are also considerably older.

4 Likes

I’d be a little peeved with 2 out of 5. Maybe reach out to them. Now I want to germ the pack I have.

4 Likes

I have 3 Aunt Ginny’s Elixir going right now out of 4 that I started, I soak the seeds in water until tails pop and I noticed that two of the seeds wanted to sprout backward where the cotyledon was coming out of the cracked seed instead of the root tail. I screwed one up trying to open it, the other I just planted and it sprouted normally, maybe just a little slower growing now?

1 Like

Yeah, hard to say, I may have got a bunk batch, there has been no movement on the three beans, the two that popped were pretty speedy. I reached out to them to see if they have any info on this.

1 Like

Chem del la creme I think that’s how you spell it

16 Likes

Very easy plant to grow. I have just one more seed left.

11 Likes

early shots

9 Likes

Looks to have some solid heavy buds on her.

8 Likes

Sounds like its time to break out the sts for next grow.

7 Likes

Creme de la Chem is one of my favorite Mephisto strains.

11 Likes

It was my second auto grow and it really surprised me.

2 Likes

Nice ,man. I would buy another pack for sure.

3 Likes

This is a CannaCheese, I had two beans left and have been using sts on one and am hoping to pollinate the second one and use the unlimited bean glitch. I am hoping to do the same with the 2 Aunt Ginny’s Elixir that also popped.

9 Likes