Methods of stress relief

I am pretty sure taking care of our plants is a good form of relaxation for all of us. I hope!

I really enjoy jamming to Reggae in the morning while taking bong tokes all while watering and observing my plants.

I really want to add a Jacuzzi to the middle of the garden to further the whole experience but I fear the whole Chlorine thing might cause problems IDK…

I do know that I will not be heading over to @ColeLennon to check out “The Gauntlet” any time soon … Those plants look great and all but…:wink:

Edit: @Pigeonman, I am with you on that. I am a big talker to my plants. I think my wife thinks I am a little crazy sometimes…

5 Likes

Trust me no one wants to see that. Even I close my eyes :astonished:

4 Likes

Stress relief? Shooting or fishing, but in order to fishing work you need to be able to clear your mind from problems. Shooting does it all to me.

4 Likes

Man, I am packing seeds over here and I don’t know if I should be laughing or scared…

I can tell you that is does make packing up seeds a little hard when I am laughing…

Appreciate the laughs… :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

I open my tent and read for an hour minimum every day when I get home from work. It’s my decompression chamber. otherwise I get the bends.

4 Likes

Handle my Big Sur Jade. Kept a piece or 2 in my pocket for 40 years. Hang in the yard with my Norwegian Forest cats Leo and Maui. My spirit animals.

1 Like

Walking.

Have a break a work? --take a 10min walk. At lunch, take another 15min walk if you have time.

My wife and I have been teleworking for a couple years, and even back in the ol’ office days, i used to walk around the parking lot. Now, my wife and I walk through our neighborhood park at least twice a day. It’s the most amazing thing :heart:

2 Likes

Lake fishing is my stress reliever besides smoking that is lol

2 Likes

It’s got to be gardening!
I’ve been into all kinds of plants for ever, it seems, at least as long as I can remember. I was taught by my elders and I am very thankful to them for that!

Getting my hands into soil has been my stress reliever since I was little. There is nothing in the world like it to naturally boost your serotonin levels and bring a lasting smile to your face.

Cannabis is a close second.

1 Like

Lifting weights, there’s 2 benefits…1) is you can’t be stressed when ur so exhausted you can barely make it to the fridge…ur brain goes blank for a while, then whatever was stressing you is a little lighter.
2) when you can ragdoll any human below 180lbs you really don’t get stressed in situations that make others all tweaked out.

2 Likes

I just can’t get on board with anything that promotes stopping the terrorizing of old people. I’m out you old bag.

2 Likes

Yeah they really had it coming.

2 Likes

I strap an 80cf aluminum tank to my back and breathe out of a hose while descending to 100ft below the surface of the ocean. One hour of NO talking, and blissful views.

btw. I am a talker in person. I am also a scuba instructor. While diving we use hand signals to communicate. While teaching you use hand signals to communicate. During my instructor class, my course director actually said “you talk too much with your hands, slow down, try to say less”. I guess during a lesson, I looked like an old italian dude, frantically talking with his hands. Point noted teacher!

3 Likes

I paint graffiti murals on buildings when I can it’s hours of a stress free time

6 Likes

Workout or hike, anything physical will help improve my depression.

2 Likes

Back rubs
Me and the old lady figured out long
Ago rubs and squeezing the shoulder
Area seems to make stress vanish.
A lot of stress folks have stored
In those shoulders.

I found that tai chi and kung fu help immensely to relieve stress. A session with the heavy bag never hurts too.

I love talking to my plants. I tell them how good they are doing and about my day, all kinds of stuff. They are great to chill out with and distress from my day :raised_hands::laughing:

1 Like

I’ve been toying with the idea of beating on the neighborhood kids a little. It’ll relieve stress plus kids are soft these days so it’ll build character.

3 Likes

My ex wife was a praying mantis student. She new 38 ways to kill me. Unfortunately she also had a kung fu pussy. She liked to spare with others.

1 Like