Methods of stress relief

20230708_101651

1 Like

8 Likes

Every time I have a problem I either plop a monster blob on a hot nail or just hang with my dog she always distracts me. If that donā€™t work look out below the first adult male under 65 that talks shit is getting a life changing experience.

1 Like

Stay up bro! Sick workā€¦

2 Likes

Alright so, Iā€™ve found that ā€œbreath workā€ reeeeallly helps calm you down. I did an exercise with this once, and my resting heart rate went from 69 to 53 in a minute or two.

Two specific exercises: one is easy. . ā€¦ inhale for four seconds, exhale for four seconds.

*Donā€™t ā€œholdā€ your breath at any point, and also breathe ā€œfrom the gutā€, expand your gut on the inhale and contract it like youā€™re fully emptying yourself of air but not forcefully.

Second exercise is tough at first, and can almost make you struggle for air or get lightheaded until you get used to doing it; the 4-7-8 Technique. How it works: inhale for 4 seconds & fill your lungs fully but not forcefully. HOLD the breath for 7 seconds but donā€™t ā€œpressurizeā€ your breath-hold like youā€™re holding a bong hit, just gently hold a full breath for 7 full seconds then, exhale gently for 8 full seconds.

So, inhale for 4 seconds. ā€¦ Hold for 7 seconds. ā€¦ exhale for 8 seconds. Repeat this process 3 to 4x and once you get used to it, your heartrate can get so relaxed it can make you genuinely tired. In fact, a great lil pre-bed trick.

1 Like

My method is clearing my mind and start thinking of feeling my toes, and being aware of them. Then I simply move up a few inches thinking solely on that spot until I can feel it consciously. It takes a minute in the beginning to concentrate and feel every inch of your body. I think and become aware of my body, every inch up individually. Until I get stuck trying to feel my hair, I am aware itā€™s there though, so in a sense I feel it. I may have worded this odd. But itā€™s the most calming practice I do. When I do this everything goes silent and all I hear is my heart rate. Itā€™s easy if you concentrate. Would love to hear someone try this out,ā€¦ I do this quite often almost everyday.

4 Likes

isnā€™t hair dead after it leaves your scalp? i donā€™t think you can feel hair, or else it would be a terrible time getting a haircut. maybe thatā€™s why youā€™re aware of your hair but canā€™t feel it.

This is a mindfulness technique my wife taught me years ago (she studies this stuff) :grinning: itā€™s works really well for making yourself present in that moment and calming your mind. Cool to think other people around the world are sitting there thinking about their toes as well :laughing:

1 Like

@sfzombie13 if you shave your head with a razor, youā€™ll feel ā€œtinglesā€ of growth but other than that, yeah generally speaking youā€™ve gotta be REAL sensitive to feel hair growing :rofl: lol

28 years of shaving my head with a razor and i have never felt growth, not that it canā€™t be felt, but not by me at least. iā€™ve been growing it out for six months after the new wife asked what i looked like with hair and have noticed the wind blowing it feels really good on the scalp. canā€™t wait til this weekend and back to shaving though, way too much effort in having hair.

2 Likes

I do nothing to my hair except let my sister cut it every 2 months. Iā€™m a just got out of bed look sort of guy.

My fingernails, I can hear them grow.

my hair gets greasy if i donā€™t wash it every day and i only shower every other day unless iā€™m working outside or putting out an effort on something which is rarely these days.

1 Like

The greasy look suits me. I probably wash my hair once a week, maybe.

It matches my week of stubble.

1 Like

Thatā€™s awesome Iā€™m not the only one who practices such things. :+1: brother!

1 Like