Micanopy Madness

Okay, I was working in Florida in the early nineties, Gainsville to be accurate. I had a couple of dates with this hippie chick/masseuse/space cadet, she was nice but it wasn’t going anywhere. She did however have the most fantastic weed.
I shared some with my co-workers and was on the receiving end of a delegation that asked me not to split up with her until the job was finished.
I’m somewhat embarassed to say I did. :relaxed:
Anyway.
The weed was called Micanopy Madness. It was insane, I don’t know if it still exists, never came across it again but sure would love to find it.

3 Likes

Maybe it was Mullumbimby Madness?

3 Likes

I don’t thinks so. It could have gotten from Oz to Fla, I guess. But these were backwoods peeps I dealt with. I do’nt think they had ever knowingly left the county. :worried:

4 Likes

Micanopy Madness/Gainesville Green

You are correct, @GreenBhoy, that it was insane. I first came across Gainesville Green in 1975 when a good friend returned from Hogtown with some bright green buds. First bong hit and I woke up in a puddle of bong water after a coughing fit.
:wink:

Micanopy is a cool little spot. I have been looking for a long time.

Tallahassee Two Toke was another blast.

5 Likes

I hate to break it to you but it’s a dead strain now. I live in Ocala, Fl, about 45 from Gainesville. My buddy’s uncle was the cultivator of the strain. When he passed away so did the micanopy madness. It got its name because they lived in Micanopy lol

1 Like

Ya know mate, it might be big bud. Big bud has gone under alot of names and can be pretty racy if cut early…

It was created by the editor of high times magazine at the time. Back then $4K per pound if you were fortunate enough to get some of the harvest. It was not for the novice. I made an annual run to Micanopy it wasn’t a bright green bud but you would remember it , it would stick to your finger if you touched it .

1 Like

Micanopy is the actual town when they filmed Doc Hollywood, the Michael J Fox flick.
It was crazy strong weed.
I’ve been looking for it since I found out there were different strains!
Gainesville Green is also on my search list.