Micro Grow Experiment

Not sure… don’t have a thermometer to check the temp of the soil.

Was going through your 2019 grow indoor fun thread. Swear to god i want to learn how to grow such awesome looking plants…!!

1 Like

Thank you for your kind word :slight_smile:

touch it with your finger if it feels cold it is

all the best

Dequilo

1 Like

Just tried doing so… Don’t think its cold… its not warm either…

Guessing Room temp which is about 26 Degrees Celsius…

sorry not sure what that converts to in Fahrenheit

like 78 or so not cold in the room

it is hard to tell from photos and I have killed a bunch

of plants over the years myself

most of the time I just smell the soil, if it smells bad re pot

fresh soil never hurts, stop feeding it and watering it

it is not growing why feed and water it, is what I have always figured

sorry to say it s hard to say just what do

all the best my friend and good luck

Dequilo

by the way how do the roots look?

1 Like

Those plants are magnesium deficient, in my opinion.

Not saying that is the only problem, but it is one of them.

2 Likes

could indeed be

xxx

not mine

https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/deficiency-excess-magnesium-cannabis/

a good read, dolomite lime is always a good addition when making soil

all the best

Dequilo

2 Likes

watering a plant twice a day in small pot is a fast drying mix :slight_smile:

watering a plant every 2 days under a 40 watt CFL coming from the side not so much

I went back and read your thread from beginning to end just so I had a better understanding of your work

it appears you are some what new at that this so let me welcome you to the wonderful world of weed growing

it can be an addiction so please be careful :wink:

not the weed the growing

I see you posted a photo of a root poking out a pot drain hole with the question “root bound?”

look at the roots in the pot for your answer

I have never had a good time of managing a little plant in a big pot with lots of soil

works better for me to have a big plant in a little pot and tend it more

a plant like this is starting to need a re pot

but take your time and some times when you gave a plant less they give you more

it so much easier to gave plant more water/more food/more light then take it back after the fact

peace and be safe

Dequilo

6 Likes

@cogitech thank you for the diagnosis… have got some epsom salt handy. will try to foliar feed it immediately and see if it makes any difference.

1 Like

Good plan. Don’t go overboard.

Next time you water, mix in a teaspoon per gallon of water and watch for improvement. You can go up to a tablespoon, but start slow.

1 Like

For a second i was like how am i supposed to see roots growing within the container… then i realized you meant to up-pot the plant.

3 Likes

Roots look good, definitely not root bound. They all look a bit hungry to me, see if you can get some cheap nutes like miracle gro or a 20-20-20 mix and give them a light shot of that here an there.

Nice cloner setup it should work great!

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to " understand my work " as you put it. Advice & encouragement from veteran growers like yourself will definitely help me setup my Micro-Growery successfully…!!

I’m a complete beginner, in fact i think i have a certified brown thumb… lol

Just realized i have completed about 1 year of my grow-op few days back. What a journey it has been - but still plenty to learn & apply to help me reach my goal.

Hard not to get discouraged coz my plants look absolutely nothing like the ones posted on OG… and still nothing even remotely smoke worthy. but im sure i will get the hang of it soon.

Totally agree. Have spent a good amount of my resources trying to succeed in my quest - financial
as well as time - but i’m absolutely loving it.

Noob question, i know. My first grow which turned hermie might have been due to being root bound - just trying to avoid making the same mistake.

I think i will be growing in the same direction.

Will definitely keep in that in mind…!!

Thanks for the advice again. Cheers…!!

2 Likes

I’m relieved.

Still trying to figure out whats the best nutrients are to feed my plant. Don’t have access to Miracle grow locally where i am from. Wish me luck finding a good substitute.

Thank you for the encouragement. If you say so… i will take your word for it. Will update once that experiment bears fruits or should i say roots. I’m still very anxious to pull them out to see if the roots have shown - they have been in there for about 2-3 days now. How long would it take approximately for them to root successfully…?? Just so i don’t pull them out too soon.

Cheers

1 Like

I wouldn’t touch them for at least 10 days. Some strains won’t root for 2 weeks.

1 Like

The rooting experiment was not a total failure, cuttings generated thick roots at 10 days… however when removed from cloning bottle… none of them survived the transplant process.

Maybe the shock of 100% humidity inside to around 55-60% humidity in the veg room, or maybe my medium was the issue as well.

1 Like

@beacher

Was trying out your California cup cloning technique. It has given me my best cloning success rate so far… still not 100% due to Operator error - (guilty of not following all the instructions verbatim) Will be re-reading the thread again.

Have made a few modifications. Pic attached.

Any tips to help me perfect my cloning technique would be appreciated.

1 Like

3 Likes

AG-MC ( Anbu’s Gift [Local outdoor strain] - Male clone) cuttings taken on 15/5
SSH-FC ( Super Silver Haze (MSNL) - Female clone) cutting taken on 16/5

Paper cups with drain holes in the bottom - filled with coco & watered - cuttings taken & coated with rooting hormone. Domes fit properly into the paper cup - droplets of water can be seen collected after a while

1 Like

Looks like you’ve got everything properly setup there. The ‘hardening’ process (getting them used to being out of the dome) can be a pain in the ass.

It’s weird because when I first started cloning with coco I found that they didn’t need hardening…I would take them out of the dome and they’d be perfectly fine. The last few months I’ve had to harden again. Must be due to the difference on humidity between the dome and outside air or something.

Anyways to harden take a rooted clone out of the dome and leave it for say half an hour or so. If you come back and it’s sagging put it back in the dome until it springs back up. Keep leaving it out for longer and longer periods until it doesn’t complain anymore.

You don’t have to go crazy putting it in and out just a few times a day for a couple days is usually enough. That’s part of the reason I don’t mist my clones or domes… because I don’t want them to get accustomed to 100% humidity and turn into nancys haha

2 Likes

Will try out in see if it helps. I love seeing my cuttings turn into beautiful clones of the mom - and i hate seeing my cuttings not take root.

I observed that cuttings taken directly from mom ( seed plant) had almost 100% rooting success, whereas the cuttings taken from clones had some difficulties rooting. I thought clones are identical genetic material to the plant from which it was taken.

Cloning Routine i will be following : Healthy Mom = Healthy Cuttings = Healthy Clones.

I confess i have been cutting some of the bottom branches which dint look particularly too good to start with.

1 Like