Micro Octopot Grow

What’s your conclusion between the two

2 Likes

And here they are, THE ROOTS!!!

Hello guys, i finally got my micro running! and after 3 days there is a nice root searching down for water and many more are coming!!

I guess that having structural support of the net pot touching the bottom of the rez definitely helps the roots to go straight down

Im loving this!!!

A little update day 5 and day 7 (roots finally touching the bottom of the rez) :

13 Likes

Looks like someone has done sheet rocking?

3 Likes

That turned out awesome, really nice job on this.

4 Likes

So, I’m testing out Jacks 321 for the first time in the octopups. The roots on these 2 plants just started poking through the netpot today.
So we’ll soon find out how they like the new food.

9 Likes

I just used Jacks 3-2-1 on my first Octopup run with Kush Mints. Super easy, and I think it worked great.

5 Likes

Holy crap those are some nice plants! I’ll say the Jacks worked great!! Nicely done! :+1: :star_struck:

3 Likes

FWIW, I have found Jack’s nutes to be a good match with Octos.

In veg I rely on Texas Tomato Food as a rich organic blend that is very friendly to young plants. It literally looks like South Texas Mud and has gobs of goodies to offer hungry canna.

I’m in early Flower now with Jack’s 10 30 20. I’ll phase in 5 12 26 in a week or so, pushing my plants a bit. (Hat Tip @Jetdro & friends for this schedule)

As a side benefit, I have an auto filler system and Jack’s is much less likely to clog up the pipes than the organic nutes I have tried.
(My pal @SaintAliasKnife, says “pond zyme works,” for the same purpose.)

So, yeah, that’s my $0.02,
-Grouchy
PS, if anyone is growing Frankenstein, Frankie Mom and her phenos all dig Jacks, Big Eaters!

9 Likes

Thanks. I had done a couple runs in the regular Octos using Jetdros TVF in veg and Jacks in flower, but wanted to try 3-2-1 all the way, since I’m gonna run out of TVF soon. One of those Kush mints is in a regular Octo, the other two are minis. The minis grew just as big and yielded just as much. Have to fill them more frequently (until I build the auto fill system), but I actually like them better because they are way easier to move.

8 Likes

Jacks works fine but not as well as TVF in my opinion .

4 Likes

I believe you, but Jacks is way cheaper and I have a lifetime supply.

7 Likes

Wish I had a big supply

3 Likes

lmao i remember when i ordered my first bag of jacks and a 25 lb bag arrived thinking ok this shld last the year… do my first 40 gal res feed and see how much it used i immedietly said fml i have enough to grow for rest of my life ! i think 1 bag does like 5000 gallons ?

9 Likes

Ha! I thought the same thing when I was looking to buy it! Like, “what if don’t like it? I’m gonna be stuck with a lifetime supply (plus extra, maybe)”
So I found someone on eBay who sells tiny quantities of it it ziplock baggies.

I got 6oz of the part A, 4oz of the part B, and 1oz of the epsom salts as a tester.

Even that tiny amount might last me all year!! :joy:

4 Likes

Greetings Octopoddlers,

Since we’re talkin Jack’s nutes, am I the only one with big blue nuggets of dye in the bag?

They are the size of my pinkie first knuckle, indigo blue. The rest of the nute powder is whiteish with blue dye grains.

Certainly a product dye, but it’s messy to try and crush them back into powder and I’m reluctant to just pluck them for disposal.

Did I just get a couple bags of Bad Jack’s or what??? Can I just trash the blue chunks???
-Grouchy

5 Likes

I have not seen that in mine

lol ya kinda made me laugh but at same time im poor so i coulda saved money. least it was free shipping! and i just use dollar store epsoms 1.25 for a bag !

and i will say jacks has been great for me so easy and good results. and so many ways to tweek it for more or less of what u want.

hmm i never seen that in mine but im pretty sure there are timy blue specs in the mix maybe yours was a bad bag and they dropped chunks into it. i would contact them and see if they would replace the bag, who knows if that might throw off your numbers even when plucking it out… i would guess if you got alot of lock out or signs of deficiency i would blame the bag

1 Like

I found that guy too! Same reasoning where I wanted to try it before committing to buying bulk.

4 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking! I had good results, but I just sieved out the chunks.

If it is uncommon I think I will contact them, send a pic and see what they say.

5 Likes