Micro Octopot Grow

I think that might have been me Jet. The idea was to avoid confusing these one gallon octos with the trademarked version.

1 Like

smaller than the 3 gal octos?

1 Like

Small 1.2 gallon reservoir. Same principle

8 in x 8 in in size

1 Like

wow , cool :boom:

3 Likes

1 Like

Sorry, @GrouchyOldMan i couldn’t remember who dubbed them that. And also @Jetdro, if you have interest in the mini versions, you should check out the octopup autofill system grouchy came up with. It’s amazing!

1 Like

I have octopots and the room for them, just curious is all. They look cool

1 Like

Yeah, if you have the room… they are the way to go. I made the mini version because of my height restrictions. My little 2x2 tents are only 55” high, and sometimes plants hit the lights at the top. Full size octopots are just too tall for my situation

5 Likes

@firehead , you ever try nft
Nutrient film technik ? Doesn’t get any lower than that

No one talks of that anymore , was all the rage back in the day

: )

4 Likes

Any specific reason why people don’t run NFT anymore?

2 Likes

Don’t know why

The kits are dear to buy for what they are and harder to diy , maybe that’s why

Easier to buy a bucket and just dwc I suppose

Maybe cuz harder to keep shallow Rez cool in hotter environments idk

: )

2 Likes

Ohh!
I guess that could be one of the reasons

1 Like

I found my solution has been running some strain which Is resistant to mold by the bud structure itself.I have an F1 cross that has worked flawlessly in my humid and hot environment.It Is sativa leaning,all my indica bushier Bud structure got botritys every harvest

3 Likes

The roots of the Point Break x Lebanese Black babies are just hitting the reservoirs. Should be some explosive growth in next 3 weeks, then I will switch to flower and seed making!

The two plants on the right are probably males, because they were so aggressive from the start. But the one in the back has a much stronger root system (another thing I like about octopots… seeing the root health) so he might be the only male I use

11 Likes

Updates on the Point Break x Lebanese Black babies, getting ready for the seed run.

Using GH Flora series nutes again, because I have better luck with it.
Reservoirs currently at 850ppm / 5.9pH

1. A bit of a runt. But maybe just a slow starter. Stem has gotten much thicker in last 2 days.
  2. Decent, but slow-ish growth.
  3. A beast! I think it a male. It has the strongest roots of all the plants so far. Chunky and healthy. :+1:
  4. Really a runt. Wrinkled leaves, and maybe won’t be used in breeding.
  5. The second most impressive one, next to 3. Real nice. Im hoping it’s a female
  6. Tall. Stretchy internodes. But very weak root system. I think it’s a male, but he might not be used for breeding… we’ll see

Gonna let them veg for another week or two, then flip to flower

12 Likes

Maybe someone will find this useful. This is a prototype made with a not very suitable blade. It can easily be done much better

9 Likes

A solo cup octo? Imma try this! This sounds fun! :smiley:

4 Likes

The PBxLebB babies are starting to explode. So I switched them to 12/12 yesterday. I don’t remember getting much stretch from these last time. I hope that’s true or it’s gonna get real crowded in here… :grimacing:

13 Likes

PBxLebB just showing sex.
1 = f
2 = m
3 = m
6 = f
5 = f
4 = ??

3 female, 2 males, and the one super runt plant still not showing. But its root system is so weak… it’s probably gonna get chopped today anyway.

The 2 males are both very nice, robust plants.
1 of the females is an oddball (6)… very stretchy and tall, but we’ll let her stay I think, cause she’s very nice.

15 Likes

Really nice job everyone looks very happy and healthy

5 Likes