Micro Octopot Grow

I was going to do the same for my 2x2 tent should be able to get 4 in there the hight is only 57 inches so it’s not much higher than a 3 gal fabric bags
Paps

Ps I’d get the 3 gallon original ones but only 2 might fit

4 Likes

I am finding that depends on a few things…

first. This is a cutting of Frankenstein. In a micro octo pup.

She can fill that 3x3 tent if she wants to (I won’t let her). I have a couple GDP cuttings that are half her size in flower now. Both are about the same age, yet the GDP are half the size, with 3X the rootmass!!! Frankenstein just doesn’t have much in the reservoir despite her size. And she’s not suffering at all. I can only imagine how huge Frankenstein would be on a normal full sized octopot.

Also had a good discussion with @Papalag this weekend on roots / rooting on seed grown vs cuts with octopots / octopups. He’s had some interesting observations that seed grown tend to send more roots down, but if they are rootbound at transplant time, much less roots. My Frankenstein wasn’t rootbound at transplant so, some plants might need less reservoir, prefer more dirt / pot?

11 Likes

I definitely will be putting at least 1 in a Octopot and many more i 2 gallons fabric bags we shell see

I’m not able to do it now but soon

3 Likes

@Nagel420 Did your GDP stretch at all? Just finished running a cut in my Octo. She had minimal stretch in flower.

1 Like

In comparison to most other strains? Not really. The one I grew last summer had a bit more stretch, she was in a 5g pot. The ones I have now are cuts from the same mom, in plastic 2.5g landscapers pots, and they have hardly stretched, but they have stems / branches filled with nugs…

You could give my purple moonshine a go and have a GDP the stretches and stacks. (GDP (Mel frank fem release) X Old Time Moonshine from DJ short

3 Likes

Day-um, Nagel! That plant is a Beast!! Nice work, in an OctoPup! :hushed:🥹:green_heart:

3 Likes

I’m laying claim to the “Tallest Plant Grown in a Micro Octopot!” Lol.

The grow details are in the Acapulco Gold Repo thread if anyone is interested. 14 weeks into flower and she still isn’t done!

-Grouchy :v: :green_heart:

19 Likes

IMPRESSIVE! Well done!!

2 Likes

Holy cow! You definitely win that award! That is impressive! Well done, sir!!

2 Likes

Great job brother
Wow wish I had the space
I recently grew out Lefthanded seed Panama haze x Lebanese
She went to over 7 feet of plant in the reg Octopot in a 5 foot tent there was a bit of super cropping involved just a bit :crazy_face::rofl:lol

5 Likes

Are you sure that’s not an Eastern Hemlock? :rofl:

3 Likes

I agree, Grouchy. I like tinkering and constantly taking care of my plants too. The octopot system makes them very, very self sufficient. Which is great… but also a disappointment. It’s like they hardly even need me anymore :joy:

3 Likes

Alright, you’ve convinced me to try this some day…
That is an impressive specimen…
The plant looks nice as well lol :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I’ll be doing a run with these soon. I’ll be growing two sour stompers by Mephisto in a 2x4. I’ll be using VBX nutrients by hydroponic research. I have high hopes for this grow, and will post some updates to this thread. Also I’ll be using grouchy s auto fill. Should be up and running within a week or two

3 Likes

Do you all think I should go with two autoflowers in a 2x4 or three

3 Likes

3 if not 4 the more the merrier

4 Likes

EXACTLY this!! I just read in front of them now, not much else to do. lol

3 Likes

:joy: the thought of you sitting on a chair, in a smoking jacket (of course) reading a leather-bound book in front of your plants made me me almost spit my wine out!!

3 Likes

Not much to do I have to tie my hands behind my back to keep you from playing with my plants that’s how easy octopod are

3 Likes