Micro Octopot Grow

that gels.I’ll revisit the bag before the next planting. thank you.

1 Like

Greetings Octopoddlers,

I’m just starting an experiment on different soil mixes in the micro octopups.

Clockwise from the lower left, %Perlite - %Promix
1 - 60% - 40%
2 - 50% - 50%
3 - 40% - 60%
4 - 25% - 75%

You can see the decreasing amount of Perlite in each pot. The netpots are filled with the same blends and packed fairly firmly. Three gallon fabric pots, about 11 inches high including the air gap as @ifish suggests.

Plants 1-3 are Orange Grove (thx @JustSumTomatoes), number 4 is Orange Grove x GG#4 (gracias @floyd!).

Question: If you actually do the experiment is it still “Bro-Science?”

Cheers,
-Grouchy

12 Likes

Lookin good man!

2 Likes

Thanks Brother!
Notice Floyd’s OGxGG4 is almost twice as tall, might be an opportunity to chase that tall pheno we’ve been looking for?

2 Likes

Nicely done very clean set up
:+1::+1::+1::+1:

6 Likes

Well, today my micro octopot finally arrived and i had the same idea with the net pots so it touches the bottom of the rez

Although i cant test it yet…

10 Likes

Oh, they work. I already did them, my wire was green…lol. but I used coco. next is hydroton. my pots get here on saturday…I’m feeling motivated!

best of luck with your run.

:dove:

4 Likes

All these octopot setups made me buy one to try, it just came in the mail today im pumped to try it out this weekend , i will b watching along!

3 Likes

Prepare to be bored! I get to read a lot…:laughing:

4 Likes

I just love the idea of not really having to water the plants that much, workin 60 hours a week nightshift i dont really have to much time unless its the weekend for me :neutral_face: i just got one for now to try i dont want to go to crazy right away

3 Likes

@Loof You get a full size Octo or a pup?

I got a 6gallon

1 Like

You’re going to love it and get spoiled!! It is great watering once a week!! But you need to start planning now, on how you will contain the plant. They get out of control in a hurry!

3 Likes

I wanted to get the autofill and buy 4 but i have my little 4x4 that im vegging in , and i just bought a 4x8 that im going to flower in so i wasnt sure how i would move the pots from the veg to flower area, so i only bought one to see how it goes, i really am excited tho seeing how everyones grows are turning out with them seems really nice

2 Likes

Then do NOT add an auto fill. You will REALLY be bored then! lol

4 Likes

Hey how come your octopup is tan? I would have take tan if offered!

Somehow I missed the deeper net idea unfortunately cause I probably would have ran with that.

1 Like

They now have three colors to offer

1 Like

Well I’ll be damned. That’s a hopeful sign that they’re producing more of them so they don’t go out of stock for months again.

1 Like

I think when they originally made them I bet they didn’t think that there would be such a demand from the home grow community

2 Likes

If they did they could streamline their production costs and ditch the wicking stuff that comes with them. It’s funny to think about how they saw them fly off the shelves and were probably pretty curious when they suddenly got so popular :laughing:

4 Likes